PDA

View Full Version : Jets to fans: put the champagne on ice

SteelCityKid5
01-22-2011, 02:56 PM
I guess we shouldnt show up tomorrow night cause the game is already over.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/22/jets-to-fans-get-the-champagne-on-ice/

Farrior Fan
01-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Safety James Ihedigbo said much of the same:

“Stock the refrigerator full of champagne and get ready to celebrate,” he told Jets fans.

hmmm. why would you celebrate? You havent won chit till you win a ring. Maybe in NY they give out rings for winning the AFC? Either way we all know that the Steelers should win this, there are 2 kinds of people in this world winners and losers. Winners already have big rings on their hands and losers allow themselves to believe they will have big rings. 90% of our guys have been to a SB. I can only think of 1 guy on their team and that is because he used to be one of us.

Good luck Jets, you don't have a prayer in the world.

LatrobePA
01-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Cool, this team is full of it right now....Starts up top with their porky *** coach, only way to shut them up is to do what the Colts, Pats have failed to do so far, BEAT THEM!!

steelersbabex25
01-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Steeler fans to Jets: The road to the Superbowl goes through Pittsburgh. You haven't gotten there yet.

lloydfan4life
01-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Memo to Jets Fans: I'd be more concerned with your team being put on ice this weekend rather than the champagne. :OA02:

MattyVfromCT
01-22-2011, 04:25 PM
YYou knew it was only a matter of time before these jackasses started running their mouths. It was all a tactic to try and take away our edge by being quiet because we all know we are much better when everyone disses us. But too bad we've been here before and are wayyyyyyy to smart for that fatass and his big mouth players. Hope that crowd makes Sanchez's ears bleed. LITERALLY. THEN I WANT SILVERBACK, WOOD, TIMMONS, TROY, ETC TO MAKE HIM REALLY BLEED

Steel Trap86
01-22-2011, 04:36 PM
1 more day

SteelDad
01-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Our bulletin board was once quite bare, but now that the Jets' have started barking, there is no room to spare.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-22-2011, 05:26 PM
YYou knew it was only a matter of time before these jackasses started running their mouths. It was all a tactic to try and take away our edge by being quiet because we all know we are much better when everyone disses us. But too bad we've been here before and are wayyyyyyy to smart for that fatass and his big mouth players. Hope that crowd makes Sanchez's ears bleed. LITERALLY. THEN I WANT SILVERBACK, WOOD, TIMMONS, TROY, ETC TO MAKE HIM REALLY BLEED

Couldn't agree more, there was no way the Jets could keep their mouths shut all week long. You can bet your last dollar that the Steelers have this info well posted up in the locker room and will spread the word tonight at final meetings before the game.

As if we needed any more motivation....stupid Jets, they'll never learn.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-22-2011, 05:30 PM
I wouldn't put champagne on ice but, I would have plenty of ice available to cool your bruised asses after the Steelers beat down you are going to receive tomorrow. HW is the man. Crom you ain't ****.

coach
01-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Talk don't mean chit. Two of the biggest sports chokes of all time involved teams from New York who had champagne on ice and never got to pop it.

Yankees in 2004, got rocked by Boston after being up.

Buffalo's Norwood missed the field goal in SB to lose the game.

Farrior Fan
01-22-2011, 05:31 PM
We should make sure there is plenty of champagne in the visitors locker room, so when they go in there after a 34-6 drubbing they will learn to keep their mouths shut.:lol:

MattyVfromCT
01-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Couldn't agree more, there was no way the Jets could keep their mouths shut all week long. You can bet your last dollar that the Steelers have this info well posted up in the locker room and will spread the word tonight at final meetings before the game.

As if we needed any more motivation....stupid Jets, they'll never learn.

Seriously. We are talking about a team that has been talking trash since training camp through the entire regulate season, through the wild card and divisional rounds and all of a sudden they start kissing our asses? That isn't their style. We know it and they know it. Im telling u and our boys know it as well, it was all a ploy by the jets to try and get our heads big because everyone knows how much better we play when we are disrespected whether by the media, fans or other teams. Our players who were asked about it were certainly skeptical of the jets' true motives in kissing our asses. Our boys know that's not how the jets carry themselves. We aren't stupid. And now they just couldn't keep their big mouths shut for one more day so the cat is outta the bag officially. The jets, their delusional fans and the delusionally biased homer ny media is gonna get a serious dose of reality tomorrow. PITTSBURGH STYLE! :tt02:

coach
01-22-2011, 06:14 PM
This is great, cause all I need to know about guys like LT (who I like) and Cromartie (who I don't) is that we owned that SD team they used to play for. Actually, every team owned them in the playoffs. :lol:

As for champagne bottles and cheap shots, Cromartie should be an expert on both after almost being charged with assault with a deadly weapon for hitting someone with a champagne bottle, while celebrating.:eek1:

You would think after that performance in the bar in Denver and his lack of performance in SD during playoffs, he would be happy to shut up and let his play speak for itself. :nono:

Please, somebody jack him up in the game, WHILE HE IS LOOKING. :banana::willybs:

steelersbabex25
01-22-2011, 06:55 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/22/jets-to-fans-get-the-champagne-on-ice/

“We are gonna win,” guard Matt Slauson told Steve Serby of the New York Post Saturday morning as the team began boarding buses for the airport. “I believe we are a better team.”

So what is so much better about the Jets?

“I feel like we have a better offensive line,” Slauson said. “We have a better running game. As far as our passing game, we have a lot more playmakers. We can spread the ball out more. Our defenses are really similar, blitzing a lot, a lot of really good players on either side, but I would give the edge to our guys because of our ability to penetrate and push the pocket with all of our really strong guys.”

This just in everyone. The Jets have a better running game with their washed up Ladanian Tomlinson. Hey, they also have a better passing game! Holmes and Edwards are gonna be moving the ball up and down the field all day. Oh, and also, they're defense is better because they are different from every other team in the NFL with their, "really strong guys." Why even show up Steelers? Just give them the trophy...:coffeecough: Oh wow. I hope all their over confidence comes back and bites them in the asses sooo bad.

LatrobePA
01-22-2011, 07:45 PM
A Steelers fan to the Jets, tell your fatass coach to have fun coaching in the Pro Bowl!!

MattyVfromCT
01-22-2011, 07:48 PM

This just in everyone. The Jets have a better running game with their washed up Ladanian Tomlinson. Hey, they also have a better passing game! Holmes and Edwards are gonna be moving the ball up and down the field all day. Oh, and also, they're defense is better because they are different from every other team in the NFL with their, "really strong guys." Why even show up Steelers? Just give them the trophy...:coffeecough: Oh wow. I hope all their over confidence comes back and bites them in the asses sooo bad.

What really makes me laugh is the comment about their d being "better". Other than Revis who on that defense would start on ours? Ok, aye one of their defensive ends over Ziggy hood but that's it. NOBODY ELSE. WE HAD ONE OF THE BEST SINGLE SEASON RUN DEFENSES IN NFL HISTORY. WE LED THE LEAGUE IN SACKS. The jets did not have one defender with double digit sacks. They don't have one pure pass rusher unlike us with 2 of the best in silverback and wood plus Timmons, troy, gay, etc on the blitz. Their secondary has a slight edge over ours mainly at corner. Their safeties don't even come close. But our front 7 is far and away better than theirs

steelersbabex25
01-22-2011, 07:49 PM
WE HAD ONE OF THE BEST SINGLE SEASON RUN DEFENSES IN NFL HISTORY. WE LED THE LEAGUE IN SACKS.

**have

roosterray
01-22-2011, 07:49 PM
1 more day

:yellowthumb::plus1:

Blazedby92
01-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Jets are just a step on the "Stairway to Seven"

Here We Go Steelers!!!

greennick
01-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Man I hope we win this game. If we don't, the SB buildup will be unbearable.

steelersbabex25
01-22-2011, 08:50 PM

I'll have to hide in my closet for a month :dunno:

Moondog
01-22-2011, 09:17 PM
I don't think it makes a difference whether the Jets ran their mouth or not. I like the Steeler's cool, calm and quiet confidence. It's ominous for the Jets. The Steelers are going to methodically dismantle them.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-22-2011, 10:29 PM

if we do, the anxiety of waiting till SB KO will be excruciating. jus sayin. lol.

LatrobePA
01-22-2011, 10:34 PM
I'll have to hide in my closet for a month :dunno:

I agree, we thought the past 2 weeks has been bad with the Jets coverage...

Farrior Fan
01-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Dont worry guys, I am usually pretty realistic (I was scared to death we would get the Pats) and I really think if we played 100 times with the current teams conditions we win 90 of them....easily. We are healthy and rested thanks to the 1st round bye. Troy will be there (we all know the record with and without him). Heath is well over his concussion. We WILL BLITZ the crap outta Sanchez which we did not do a few weeks ago. The only thing that keeps us from winning is if we cannot throw the short ball effectively. We will run ok but we have to keep them from making Ben beat their cb's. Wallace may get one or two deep catches but we need someone else (Brown or Sanders) to step it up. They have been great recently, lets just hope the stage of the big game will not be too much for them.

Real Deal Steel
01-23-2011, 01:48 AM
I want to kick the Jets *** so bad that I can taste it!! I want to shut these loud mouths up for the whole league because I've got to believe the league is tired of these cornballs.

Nolrog
01-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Safety James Ihedigbo said much of the same:

Maybe in NY they give out rings for winning the AFC?

You mean like this: http://www.tjscollectiblesinc.com/catalog/item/3863945/6805423.htm

coach
01-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Actually in New York, Ryan gives these out:

http://www.fansedge.com/New-York-Jets-Solid-Sterling-Silver-JETS-Toe-Ring-_-1928865353_PD.html

Longshanks
01-23-2011, 11:14 PM
Well well well, looks like the champagne will have to wait until next year.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2011, 11:15 PM
How's that champagne taste now new york??!!!

Scorp
01-23-2011, 11:15 PM
That ice better last another year.

nuclearchihuahuas
01-23-2011, 11:17 PM
Any one have pictures of the party going on in Pittsburgh? Would love to see them! :tt02::tt02:

steelersbabex25
01-23-2011, 11:17 PM
How's that champagne taste now new york??!!!

Probably like their team's tears! :lol:

Farrior Fan
01-23-2011, 11:18 PM
You mean like this: http://www.tjscollectiblesinc.com/catalog/item/3863945/6805423.htm

Why the hell do they do that? Ok I'm embarressed

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-23-2011, 11:31 PM
Any one have pictures of the party going on in Pittsburgh? Would love to see them! :tt02::tt02:

We don't party til there is a SUPER BOWL won !! btw that when champagne tastes better !!

BR7
01-24-2011, 12:37 AM
I think when they said champagne, they meant Ripple.. or Boones.

LarryNJ
01-24-2011, 12:45 AM
They should donate it to some wine-o's in the city.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-24-2011, 12:46 AM
I wouldn't put champagne on ice but, I would have plenty of ice available to cool your bruised asses after the Steelers beat down you are going to receive tomorrow. HW is the man. Crom you ain't ****.

right on.