PDA

View Full Version : Steelers G Kemoeatu fined $12,500 for unnecessary roughness

Scorp
01-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers guard Chris Kemoeatu's overzealous play in the AFC Division Playoffs has led to punishment by the NFL.

A source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora that Kemoeatu was fined $12,500 on Friday for two separate instances of late hits in last Sunday's win over the Baltimore Ravens.

The guard, listed at 6-foot-3 and 344 pounds, dove on top of a pile after the play had ended on two occassions. The second time, on Pittsburgh's go-ahead touchdown dive late the fourth quarter, led to a 15-yard unnecessary roughness penalty that helped put the Ravens near mid-field for their final, ultimately fruitless, drive.

There have been no reports of fines stemming from the other AFC divisional game between the New York Jets and New England Patriots.

www.nfl.com

LatrobePA
01-21-2011, 11:15 PM
He deserved it, dumbass!!

Big T
01-21-2011, 11:33 PM

:plus1:

pimplydan
01-21-2011, 11:47 PM
Big fine for a simple late hit . Gee that was uhm . It was the second time he did that in the game . I never understood why he wasn't warned by his coachs after the first time .

it's all good , now he won't do it again :thinking:

JFE
01-22-2011, 12:05 AM
Big fine for a simple late hit . Gee that was uhm . It was the second time he did that in the game . I never understood why he wasn't warned by his coachs after the first time .

it's all good , now he won't do it again :thinking:

Maybe he was warned by the coaches. Sounds like he deserves the fine. Lets keep it clean Sunday.

steelersbabex25
01-22-2011, 01:01 AM
I am sorry, I agree that both those last hits were dumb, but neither of them are worthy of a $12,500 fine. That is just ridiculous.

DanRooney
01-22-2011, 03:47 AM
Maybe he was warned by the coaches. Sounds like he deserves the fine. Lets keep it clean Sunday.

Yeah no yanking on jersey's when receivers run past certain unnamed DBs, please.

As for the big buffoon Chris Kemoeatu, I would have fined him 50G for that idiotic late hit.

Steel Trap86
01-22-2011, 06:38 AM
he did deserve it

Blazedby92
01-22-2011, 07:39 AM
It was one of the most ignorant thing I have seen and it was cheap shots that might have even hurt his own teammate. should of took away a game check and he should of been yanked by his facemask and told him if it wasn't for them needing OL that game he would have been pulled.

What made it bad was he did it twice if it was one time then it was lack of thinking twice it's intentional

steelchamp204
01-22-2011, 11:02 AM
******* deserved it.

Raleigh Steel
01-22-2011, 11:07 AM
the organization should have tacked on another 12,500 for being a dumb ***.

thankfully it didn't hurt out team but it damn well could have.

Prosdo
01-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Have to agree with this one. Just a dumb move on his part. I believe he did it the week before and didn't get flagged for it.

TEEMONT
01-22-2011, 11:55 AM

Yeah, no "his days in uniform are numbered" quotes before the game.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Let's remember here, Kemo has been one most consistent lineman over the years. The dude is a solid Guard for us, not having him in the lineup would be bad news. Sure he loses his temper now and then, makes some dumb plays. Overall though I'll take his ability on the field 99% of the time over the 1% of bad judgment.

steelchamp204
01-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Let's remember here, Kemo has been one most consistent lineman over the years. The dude is a solid Guard for us, not having him in the lineup would be bad news. Sure he loses his temper now and then, makes some dumb plays. Overall though I'll take his ability on the field 99% of the time over the 1% of bad judgment.

I agree but if the ravens would have come back and tied the game due to the great field position they started at(and maybe eventually won) that would have all fallen on Kemo. You just cant do dumb **** like that in the PLAYOFFS. Field position is everything.

nuclearchihuahuas
01-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Agree it wasn't his brightest moment on the field, but $12500? Really? Thats just BS:willybs::willybs::willybs:

Nolrog
01-22-2011, 12:57 PM

Totally agree. Stupid 15 yard penalties could have been the difference in the game.

steelersbabex25
01-22-2011, 01:29 PM
If you look at the last Mendy touchdown, I'll say for him that it looked like the pile was still trying to push him in, and I don't think they'd called touchdown yet. I don't remember the first unnecessary roughness so I won't speak for that one.

Speeed
01-22-2011, 04:43 PM
I agree it was a foul, and a dumb one at that, but why the fines? Next the league will be fining guys for being offside, for too many men on the field, illegal formation, man. It just seems to me like Goodell wants everyone to know he is the commissioner and wants to be in the NFL conversation. The game is about the players, not about him.

Just call the friggin' foul and keep it at that.

Ibleedblk&gld
01-22-2011, 05:12 PM
kemo is a jackass...his penalties and stupid play continue to plague us...he's lucky his hits didn't result in penalties

jd1000
01-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Yep. Fact is we already have a target placed on us by the refs. It was dumb play. Chris K. better step it up today.

JD from Utah

Clevelandsux
01-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Chris Keo. has been doing alot of dumbshit lately. He needs to stop it now! Before it costs us. Maybe a lighter wallet will send him the message.