PDA

View Full Version : Steelers, Jets Bring Foes Together As Friends Before Sad End

Phenomenal TJ
01-21-2011, 10:30 PM
T.J. Jenkins and Scott Wedell never actually met, but they disliked each other from the start.

One loved the Steelers, the other loved the Jets. That sparked a blogging battle so intense it would make Rex Ryan blush.

"We were at each other's throats about everything," Jenkins said.

Tensions eventually cooled, then the rivals grew to respect each other. And finally this week, when the teams they love most were preparing to battle for the Super Bowl, Jenkins crumpled to the floor.

His blogging rival was dead. Wedell was only 19.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/21/steelers-jets-brings-foes-together-as-friends-before-sad-end/

LarryNJ
01-22-2011, 12:40 AM
God Bless him TJ!

lloydfan4life
01-22-2011, 12:45 AM
:( What Larry said.

It's a really awesome story the two of you have and how your friendship came to be... but a really sad, heartbreaking ending. Peace be with you TJ.

JFE
01-22-2011, 01:14 AM
:( What Larry said.

It's a really awesome story the two of you have and how your friendship came to be... but a really sad, heartbreaking ending. Peace be with you TJ.

All this football talk and it really isnt as important as a life. May God bless his soul. If you notice my avitar, it is about another tragic young life gone. Perhaps if you dont know the story Ill tell it another time. His name was Aiden, and Mark Sanchez befriended him, and made his final days, happy ones.

Phenomenal TJ
01-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Thanks everyone, really appreciate the kind words and support that everyone's been giving the Wedell family. His dad and I are currently on the warpath in trying to get the Steelers, Jets, and the NFL to recognize this and hopefully raise awareness so that another family doesn't have to be touched by the grief they're feeling rihgt now.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend TJ.........Feel bad for the Wedell family and my thoughts go out to them......

steelersbabex25
01-22-2011, 07:59 PM
So sorry TJ. God Bless.

andyg1984
01-22-2011, 09:14 PM
much respect .. god bless