PDA

View Full Version : Jack Frost Factor

coldrolled
01-21-2011, 01:18 PM
This game is forecast to be at a high of 17 degrees Sunday and a low of 5..

Game time should be about 10...

Wind at 11mph...

Sanchez getting pounded into frozen ground should be a factor in this one now.

:cope::cope::cope::cope:

steelersbabex25
01-21-2011, 01:19 PM
That's Steeler football right there.

LatrobePA
01-21-2011, 01:25 PM
That's freeze your testies weather right there!!

xBlitzBurghx
01-21-2011, 02:14 PM
I don't think Sanchez wants it... Lets get it Pittsburgh!!:cope:

Goodfrom55
01-21-2011, 04:14 PM
This game is forecast to be at a high of 17 degrees Sunday and a low of 5..

Game time should be about 10...

Wind at 11mph...

Sanchez getting pounded into frozen ground should be a factor in this one now.

:cope::cope::cope::cope:

GREAT! His shoulder should feel great hitting the green asphalt of Heinz Field about 8 times.

coldrolled
01-21-2011, 04:24 PM
GREAT! His shoulder should feel great hitting the green asphalt of Heinz Field about 8 times.

:plus1:

stratocaster68
01-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Does Sanchez where a glove? The game may come down to how well he can handle the ball in this weather. Ben's been playing with one for years and is used to it.
BD

LatrobePA
01-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Sanchez doesn't need no stinking glove, he's the greatest!!

Goodfrom55
01-21-2011, 05:01 PM
No he does not wear a glove - to this point. cold slippery ball, anything can happen.

JFE
01-21-2011, 05:02 PM
All I have to say is the last game of last year was colder than that, and Sanchez played fine. The following game at the bengals was just as cold. Both games a win. One a playoff game. Bring it on.

--- Added 1/21/2011 at 03:02 PM ---

No he does not wear a glove - to this point. cold slippery ball, anything can happen.

Yes it can go either way.

LarryNJ
01-21-2011, 05:04 PM
The weather is always a factor but I really don't see it favoring either team. It's not like we're playing the Dolphins, Colts, or Chargers.

StlersGuy
01-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Football is football it does not matter if they play in snow, rain, sunny, warm, freezing, hurricane so on the game still is played the same.

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

steeldoc
01-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Ben is a mudder..he will thrive in this weather. Sanchez is impressive considering his short pro career and even shorter college experience as a starter. If the Steelers can get to him early, they will OWN him.:buttkick:

franchise3
01-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Ben is a mudder..he will thrive in this weather. Sanchez is impressive considering his short pro career and even shorter college experience as a starter. If the Steelers can get to him early, they will OWN him.:buttkick:

Kramer: "His mother was a mudder. His father was a mudder"

BlitzburghRockCity
01-22-2011, 11:46 PM
Heard this afternoon that Sunday nights game is forecasted to be the coldest game ever played in Pittsburgh.

LatrobePA
01-22-2011, 11:54 PM
Who wants it more??? We'll find out!

coach
01-23-2011, 12:07 AM
I think it is better to play at home than on the road in those conditions, though, where you don't have to fight elements and a hostile crowd.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2011, 12:11 AM
There is no doubt, I'd taking playing at home in 100 degrees or 0 degrees. Not dealing with hostile crowd noise is a big advantage. Both teams are used to playing in the cold, but we should still be watching for how the ball will fair in the kicking game, and with WR's making catches. That ball gets cold and hard as a rock in games like this.

airbrake 1
01-23-2011, 12:15 AM
It's about time we actually get a real cold weather game this season, all the games this year have been pretty pleasant...tomorrow will seperate the men from the boys...i love it when you see all the idiots who don't know how to dress for the cold all huddled in the men's room looking for warmth...i guess they must hang out with george michael, i've heard he has a habit of loitering in men's restrooms also, i guess that scent must be their mating call.... nothing like paying $400 to listen to bill hillgrove in the john at heinz field..go steelers

steelersbabex25
01-23-2011, 12:34 AM
Heard this afternoon that Sunday nights game is forecasted to be the coldest game ever played in Pittsburgh.

That's so badass.

DIESELMAN
01-23-2011, 10:00 AM
The National Weather Service is forecasting bitter winter conditions for tonight’s game – 10 degrees at kickoff with a wind chill of 0 – but the Steelers aren’t worried. “We are very fortunate to have a quarterback that weather does not bother,” said offensive coordinator Bruce Arians. “Whether it’s wind, snow or rain, he knows how to handle it. He has proven that we don’t have to change the game plan because of weather conditions.

Ben Roethlisberger's first start was in a south Florida hurricane. Since then he’s played 17 games in freezing temperatures.

In those 17 games, in which the temperature at kickoff was 32 degrees or less (according to NFL Gamebooks), the Steelers are 11-6 (.647) and Roethlisberger has a 95.5 passer rating.

However, the Steelers lost the only two games in which Roethlisberger started in less than 20-degree weather: last season at Cleveland (15 degrees, -6 wind chill) and in the 2004 AFC Championship Game against New England (11 degrees, -1 wind chill). Roethlisberger’s combined passer rating in those two games was 71.1.

New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez is a California native who played collegiately at Southern Cal. He never played in freezing weather until 2009, his rookie season in the NFL.

In six sub-freezing games in the last two years, Sanchez and the Jets are 4-2 (.667). Sanchez has a passer rating of 74.3. He’s never played in temperatures below 20 degrees.
That is going to be a big factor in this game.....:cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

steelersbabex25
01-23-2011, 02:20 PM
That is going to be a big factor in this game.....:cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

Maybe Sanchez's hands will be frozen together :dunno:

LatrobePA
01-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Maybe Sanchez's hands will be frozen together :dunno:

Or to the turf as he trys to pick himself up!!

coach
01-23-2011, 02:33 PM
There is no doubt, I'd taking playing at home in 100 degrees or 0 degrees. Not dealing with hostile crowd noise is a big advantage. Both teams are used to playing in the cold, but we should still be watching for how the ball will fair in the kicking game, and with WR's making catches. That ball gets cold and hard as a rock in games like this.

I have thought about ST a lot this week because I think this will be another 1-score game. But, this could be favourable for the Steelers for another reason. With frozen balls, we can't out-kick the coverage.

coldrolled
01-24-2011, 10:47 AM
mendenhall and miller played just fine in the cold.....

ben had 19 pass atts and 2 ints... lucky we ran for 166 yards....

34 won this one baby....

StlersGuy
01-24-2011, 11:20 AM
The loss of Pouncey hit us hard last night and it showed I so hope he will be back by the super bowl

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.