PDA

View Full Version : Just got a letter from the NFL..

steelersbabex25
01-20-2011, 06:26 PM
So, I can't even remember how long ago I sent that dollar to the NFL to help pay James Harrison's fine. I finally got that letter back from the NFL, and I said that I would type it up here after I got it, so here it is.

We received your letter containing money to be used to help pay for a fine incurred be Steelers linebacker James Harrison.

The player is solely responsible for paying his fine. Player fines collected by the National Football league are used to support retired players in need and other charitable initiatives supporting youth, education and sports-related medical research.

At the request of the organizer of this initiative, however, the money from fans like you is being donated to the Beaver County (Penn.) YMCA's Sacks for kids program.

One of our most important priorities is protecting our players from needless injury. In recent years, we have focused on minimizing contact to the head and neck, especially where a defenseless player is involved. This season we have further emphasized the importance of teaching safe and controlled techniques and of playing within the rules. It is incumbent on all us to support the rules that we have in place to protect players while serving as an example for all levels of football.

We appreciate your support of the NFL and hope you enjoy the remainder of the 2010 season.

Sincerely,
Rob McBurnett
NFL Public Relations

Read that second to last paragraph again. Go ahead, do it. I dare you not to bust out laughing. I know I did.

Goodfrom55
01-20-2011, 06:56 PM
"One of our most important priorities is protecting our players from needless injury. In recent years, we have focused on minimizing contact to the head and neck, especially where a defenseless player is involved. This season we have further emphasized the importance of teaching safe and controlled techniques and of playing within the rules. It is incumbent on all us to support the rules that we have in place to protect players while serving as an example for all levels of football."

Yes, becuse Ben's nose broke all on it's own and Miller's career almost ended, but yet, no penalties.

Hypocrites!

pimplydan
01-20-2011, 07:06 PM
steelersbabe that's cool I can't believe you really did that !!!!

NICE

LarryNJ
01-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Nice job Babe! Nice to see you and Rob are tight. :)

support retired players in need

This may be the biggest problem and main reason why we see all these different things happening. Many ex players are suing the NFL for not paying them workmen's comp for different injuries.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Good stuff, thanks for posting it up. yeah that paragraph is a total joke, they must think their fans are really THAT stupid.

steelersbabex25
01-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Nice job Babe! Nice to see you and Rob are tight. :)

Oh yeah, you know. Not like that letter was sent to 10000 other people or anything :hehheh:

Good stuff, thanks for posting it up. yeah that paragraph is a total joke, they must think their fans are really THAT stupid.

My favorite part is the, "we appreciate your support of the NFL." I thought by me sending that letter it got the point across that I didn't support the NFL. :thinking: Maybe I should send another letter..:lol:

HUNT4SEVEN
01-20-2011, 08:51 PM
The player is solely responsible for paying his fine. Player fines collected by the National Football league are used to support retired players in need and other charitable initiatives supporting youth, education and sports-related medical research...The Owners are greedier than the players cheap BAST@%$%:cursin:

One of our most important priorities is protecting our players from needless injury. In recent years, we have focused on minimizing contact to the head and neck, especially where a defenseless player is involved. This season we have further emphasized the importance of teaching safe and controlled techniques...Yes, because Ben's nose broke all on it's own and Miller's career almost ended, but yet, no penalties.

Hypocrites! Yep i agree:clap:

We appreciate your support of the NFL and hope you enjoy the remainder of the 2010 season. We will when we host up that 7th trophy that u and the refs tried to keep from us:tt02:

coach
01-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Babe, you should send this letter to that spin doctor, Rob McBurnett, and ask him to respond to this one:

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10980502/1/nfl-blindsides-toyota--todays-outrage.html#

WHAT A JOKE.

nuclearchihuahuas
01-21-2011, 01:46 PM
So basically next time we need to send the money directly to James and a letter with no money to the NFL offices. Idiots!

jpele
01-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Babe, you should send this letter to that spin doctor, Rob McBurnett, and ask him to respond to this one:

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10980502/1/nfl-blindsides-toyota--todays-outrage.html#

WHAT A JOKE.

Their only interested in safety if it involves James Harrison hitting someone. With the exception of Bardy and Manning its open season on heads in the NFL. Toyota we don't need your safety advice,we'll just fine Harrison and take your ad money.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-22-2011, 11:10 PM
when you get to the top level of mgt in the nfl arrogance and egotism rules supreme. you could give them(above) the finger and they would think you are a waving adorning fan. you did well. next letter like this. hey, i hate the fn nfl management and rg in particular and here is why. send money directly to the player and tell the nfl. ol roge ain't gonna last forever. thanks for sharing.