PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor would hit Santonio Holmes

Scorp
01-20-2011, 05:25 PM
They might be friends, but that won't stop Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor from crushing New York Jets receiver Santonio Holmes if he gets the chance.

"I'm not going to hesitate to lay him out," Taylor said, according to the New York Post. "No question at all. You know why? Because he ain't going to hesitate to crack on me if he gets a chance."

Taylor and Holmes are former teammates in Pittsburgh and still hang out together, but that won't factor in the AFC Championship Game at Heinz Field on Sunday.

"I love him and that's my boy, but when we get between those white lines, it's a whole different deal," Taylor said to the Post.

"I'm going to try to be as disrespectful as possible once we get between those white lines. Friendship doesn't enter into it then."

Taylor has been with the Steelers since 2003. Holmes played there from 2006 until being dealt to the Jets after offseason problems. He served a four-game suspension to start the year but had 52 catches for 746 yards and six touchdowns in the regular season.

Holmes and Taylor work out at Disney's Wide World of Sports in Orlando, Fla., during the offseason. During the season, however, they don't talk football.

"I talked to Tone [on Tuesday], but it was what we always talk about," Taylor said, according to the Post. " 'What you doing?' Playing PlayStation, what you doing? 'Playing PlayStation.' No [on-field] matchups or anything like that. We just rap."

There will be no pleasantries Sunday.

"It all changes between those white lines," Taylor told the Post.

I hope he knocks him flat on his back. :cope:

www.espn.com

Goodfrom55
01-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Holmes would do it to him in a minute as well - that's football. This is just the media trying to make SOMETHING out of nothing.

Holmes numbers will be predicated on whether or not "Dirty" Sanchez has time to throw.
Steelers CB's in general need to take away the slants because the Jets offense lives on them.

LarryNJ
01-20-2011, 05:59 PM
I hope he knocks him flat on his back.

I hope Holmes never has the ball in his hands and is chasing Ike down the field trying to tackle him. :)

pimplydan
01-20-2011, 07:04 PM
It's a great matchup for sure ! I honestly believe that Ike Taylor is playing his best season ever. He used to get flagged alot , but not this year . I think his condition coach has got him running faster than ever . He doesn't have to take penalties because he is stride for stride with the receivers .

That's my opinion

HUNT4SEVEN
01-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Once we shut down the jets offense, look for Holmes to return punts, I just hope we don't give the game up on special teams like we did week 15

JFE
01-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Once we shut down the jets offense, look for Holmes to return punts, I just hope we don't give the game up on special teams like we did week 15

I dont expect Holmes to be a punt returner. Cro or Smith maybe.

andyg1984
01-20-2011, 09:18 PM
holmes is dying to ball sunday and rex ryan is not letting him leave without returning a punt and he will be targeted often imo ..

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2011, 09:21 PM
It's a lame attempt by the media to create some otherwise non existent trash talking frenzy.

scott0326
01-20-2011, 09:55 PM
It's a lame attempt by the media to create some otherwise non existent trash talking frenzy.

This. What exactly do they want Ike to say? "No, I'm not going to hit him, were friends and our friendship is more important then this game"

LatrobePA
01-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Wake and bake Holmes!