PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck and Question re Heinz

PatsFanMike
01-20-2011, 12:39 PM
As my name indicates, I'm a Pats fan. But I come in peace.

I'm going to the game with a bunch of my buddies who are Steelers fans as I am a Jets Hater and will be rooting hard for your team on Sunday.

Question: In the upstairs seasts (section 510, actually), is the bar that goes around the upper deck a visual obstruction in Row B?

In some stadiums, you need to be in Row C or D to clear that bar from your view.

Please let me know.

And again, good luck....kill them Jets.

NHStlrfan
01-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Not sure Mike but if memory serves me it does not. The angle of the seats is such that you're elevated enough to see clearly. My have trouble with the bench area but from that height, well don't sweat it.

And now that you will be at Heinz, take it all in and just consider a permanent residence in the Steelers Nation! We are many but we have more room!! After all someone has to be there to hold up all those SB trophies!

PatsFanMike
01-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Not sure Mike but if memory serves me it does not. The angle of the seats is such that you're elevated enough to see clearly. My have trouble with the bench area but from that height, well don't sweat it.

And now that you will be at Heinz, take it all in and just consider a permanent residence in the Steelers Nation! We are many but we have more room!! After all someone has to be there to hold up all those SB trophies!

Thanks for the knowledge.

I'm not a Steeler Hater -- never have been that -- but I am a fan of one NFL team and that is never going to change (unless they pull an Irsay). So I will not be accepting that kind invitation.

And again, beat those Jets and beat them hard.

--- Added 1/20/2011 at 10:58 AM ---

One more question: Where are some of the good places to go before the game to watch the Packers-Bears game near Heinz?

Looking for good TVs and ability to get beer without crazy lines, if at all possible. If not the latter, I'll just take the TVs.

steelersbabex25
01-20-2011, 12:59 PM
No, it isn't an obstruction at all. I used to sit in row A and there's no problem with it. The bar isn't really that tall at all actually.

NHStlrfan
01-20-2011, 01:00 PM
I spent 82-88 in the corner of the end zone at Sullivan. Now that was a dump! There the obstruction was the field. Could only see the players from the waist up when they were on the other end! lol!

Couldn't pass up the chance at $100.00 for the season though! Again I'm an NFL fan as well however once you go Black & Gold, there is no other path! Bring back those prices and all the teams will sell out. $10.00 a game way back then!

PatsFanMike
01-20-2011, 01:05 PM
No, it isn't an obstruction at all. I used to sit in row A and there's no problem with it. The bar isn't really that tall at all actually.

Awesome. Thanks. Will be in 510B.....Looking forward.

You guys have to love that the Pats got taken out, by the way. Not saying the Pats would have smoked the Steelers -- and after they played so poorly on Sunday against the freaking Jets, who would buy that? -- but still, the Jets are an easier out and you're home. Much better for you guys.

steelersbabex25
01-20-2011, 01:08 PM

You guys have to love that the Pats got taken out, by the way. Not saying the Pats would have smoked the Steelers -- and after they played so poorly on Sunday against the freaking Jets, who would buy that? -- but still, the Jets are an easier out and you're home. Much better for you guys.

Yeah, wanna give up that seat to someone who's actually a Steeler fan? :hehheh: Just joking, you've probably been to Gillette a few times, but I bet Heinz will blow you away. You should come back on here after the game and tell us what you thought, especially if the Steelers win :lol:

lloydfan4life
01-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Bettis' Bar & Grill right across the parking lot of the stadium would probably be a good place to catch the earlier game.

NHStlrfan
01-20-2011, 01:10 PM

Not so sure of that one. Check the NFL site out for stat details. Again if the Steelers take care of the ball that game in the Burgh is a very different game. I grant you the Steelers match up a bit better with the Jets but as with the Pats, they rarely lose to the same team in the same season and as the season has progressed the Steelers are healthier and hitting their stride. A bit different case a few weeks ago.

PatsFanMike
01-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Not so sure of that one. Check the NFL site out for stat details. Again if the Steelers take care of the ball that game in the Burgh is a very different game. I grant you the Steelers match up a bit better with the Jets but as with the Pats, they rarely lose to the same team in the same season and as the season has progressed the Steelers are healthier and hitting their stride. A bit different case a few weeks ago.

Not sure the same team thing matters much in that the Steelers also played the Jets.

In any event, I come in peace, Go Steelers Sunday.

As to Heinz, I have no doubt I'll like it. It looks great on TV. Gillette is pretty awesome, too.

My favorite seats at any Stadium are upper deck, low row, near midfield. I like the full panoramic view. I'm guessing 510B at Heinz offers an awesome view.

--- Added 1/20/2011 at 11:19 AM ---

Bettis' Bar & Grill right across the parking lot of the stadium would probably be a good place to catch the earlier game.

Awesome. Will be walking or cabbing up from the Omni and will go there. Thanks to all of you for these good tips.

steelersbabex25
01-20-2011, 01:24 PM
My favorite seats at any Stadium are upper deck, low row, near midfield. I like the full panoramic view. I'm guessing 510B at Heinz offers an awesome view.

Honestly, any seat at Heinz is awesome. I used to have row A of section 506, right at the open end of the stadium next to the score board, but now we're in row C. Still pretty awesome. You'll get a good view anywhere you sit.

lloydfan4life
01-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Be sure to check out the mens bathroom inside Bettis' Bar & Grill. :rofl:

Try not to get stage fright when using the urinals. :hehheh:

PatsFanMike
01-20-2011, 01:30 PM
Be sure to check out the mens bathroom inside Bettis' Bar & Grill. :rofl:

Try not to get stage fright when using the urinals. :hehheh:

Hmmmmm. No idea what you're getting at with that.....

lloydfan4life
01-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Hmmmmm. No idea what you're getting at with that.....

:rofl:

you :whiz: in front of a huge two-way mirror that is right behind the hostess station. You can see everything in the restaurant.

First time I went in I couldn't bring myself to use the urinals. I was like :yikes:

Just check it out.... You'll get a good :lol:

steelersbabex25
01-20-2011, 01:49 PM
:rofl:

you :whiz: in front of a huge two-way mirror that is right behind the hostess station. You can see everything in the restaurant.

First time I went in I couldn't bring myself to use the urinals. I was like :yikes:

Just check it out.... You'll get a good :lol:

:rofl: That's hilarious

LarryNJ
01-20-2011, 02:01 PM
If you like beer here's a great place to go the night before. Short cab ride from your hotel.

http://www.hofbrauhauspittsburgh.com/

Goodfrom55
01-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Root hard for the Steelers, we don't need any trojan horses here cuz.

PatsFanMike
01-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Root hard for the Steelers, we don't need any trojan horses here cuz.

Thanks for the beer tip (post above) but I wont be arriving until Sunday morning.

As to being a Trojan Horse, no need to worry. I will be rooting as hard as anyone for the Steelers because I HATE HATE HATE the Jets, and I daresay that no one in that Stadium will have more bile toward them than me.

wa2k99
01-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Maybe one day Pitt will figure out a way to actually beat NE like the Jets did twice this year!

StlersGuy
01-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Maybe one day Pitt will figure out a way to actually beat NE like the Jets did twice this year!

Would you like a cookie...

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

steelersbabex25
01-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Would you like a cookie...

:dunno: He would probably like a Lombardi..too bad the chances are slim.

StlersGuy
01-20-2011, 02:57 PM
:dunno: He would probably like a Lombardi..too bad the chances are slim.

We do know one thing his coach would like some feet...:lol:

PatsFanMike
01-20-2011, 03:07 PM
And you guys wondered why I hate the Jets so much....there are no worse or more hateful fans in the NFL.

steelersbabex25
01-20-2011, 03:07 PM
And you guys wondered why I hate the Jets so much....there are no worse or more hateful fans in the NFL.

None of us wondered :hehheh:

PatsFanMike
01-20-2011, 03:14 PM
The hate dates back to the 70s....it's not a reaction to one game, I assure you....

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Yeah, wanna give up that seat to someone who's actually a Steeler fan? :hehheh: Just joking, you've probably been to Gillette a few times, but I bet Heinz will blow you away. You should come back on here after the game and tell us what you thought, especially if the Steelers win :lol:

PatsFanMike definitely come back and tell your story.

Root4Stlrs
01-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the beer tip (post above) but I wont be arriving until Sunday morning.

As to being a Trojan Horse, no need to worry. I will be rooting as hard as anyone for the Steelers because I HATE HATE HATE the Jets, and I daresay that no one in that Stadium will have more bile toward them than me.

Bettis's is often hard to get into, but it's a cool place to watch a game. I also like McFadden's which is just down the street. Then if you walk just a little further away from Heinz Field towards PNC Park there are a lot of bars in that area - Soho is a good one to watch a game - don't really know about the others, but there's a lot of activity around there. Are you going to get a Terrible Towel for the game? They were selling them in the parking lot for $2.50.

PatsFanMike
01-20-2011, 07:24 PM
PatsFanMike definitely come back and tell your story.

Will do. Especially if you guys beat the farking Jets.

Terrible Towel? I dunno. See how I feel at the time.

And thanks for the bar tips. I'd rather a place that is a little less crowded so I can actually get beers, so I like the Soho tip.

Thanks again for the good stuff, all.

Stlrs4Life
01-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the knowledge.

I'm not a Steeler Hater -- never have been that -- but I am a fan of one NFL team and that is never going to change (unless they pull an Irsay). So I will not be accepting that kind invitation.

And again, beat those Jets and beat them hard.

--- Added 1/20/2011 at 10:58 AM ---

One more question: Where are some of the good places to go before the game to watch the Packers-Bears game near Heinz?

Looking for good TVs and ability to get beer without crazy lines, if at all possible. If not the latter, I'll just take the TVs.

The Bar will not be an obstruction. SOHOs, Bettis, and North Shore bars are all close. Stop by our tailgate.

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28638

Farrior Fan
01-20-2011, 10:37 PM

you will get zero argument from me. I have no doubt that we matchup very well against teams without elite qbs. The Pats absolutely smoked us earlier and I was not looking forward to going to Mass. to play them in the afc championship game. I will gladly take the cards we have been dealt.:tt02:

PatsFanMike
01-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Some observations from my experience:

1. You guys are much nicer to visiting fans than fans in NY, Boston and Philly. Jets fans were whooping it up at Mullen's pre-game and were allowed to do whatever they wanted.

2. Heinz is awesome. Great views. Pretty stadium. Better in person than on TV.

3. At the game, you allowed Jets fans to talk in the most vile way imaginable without beating the snot out of them. Again, that kind of talk would not have been tolerated in other markets.

4. For one game, I was a huge Steelers fan. But I daresay that I hated the Jets more than anyone in at Heinz. I noticed absolutely no Jets hate among the Steelers fans.

5. I was wearing a Steelers hat and didn't admit that I was a Pats fan. I did that because I was all about the game and rooting against the freaking Jets. MANY of you said to me that you were damn glad that you didn't draw the Pats and admitted that you didn't know if the Steelers would beat them. Again, I didn't fess up but it was because I just didn't want the arguments on a day when I was rooting heavily for your team.

6. Steelers fans know their stuff. Very intelligent level of conversation in the stands. More than most places I've been.

7. Good video stuff throughout the game.

8. As to the game, I didn't like your play calling in the second half. Interesting that the only guys on offense who really had great games were Ben, Rashard and maybe Miller. And Ben badly missed Miller on the catch that was overruled as that would have been a TD if he was accurate. Ben impressed me the most as an improvisor and runner and playmaker as opposed to as a pure passer. No real surprise there. But the guy is a huge winner and that's all that counts.

9. Surprised at the lack of really big plays on defense. Polamalu made, I think, only one big impact tackle/play and that was after a 6 yard gain.

10. All in all, a really great experiene, and I am so glad you beat the Jets.

11. Jets fans were SOOOOOOOOOO sad/depressed after that game. Pats fans didn't look quite that bad after SB 42....

12. Good luck against the Packers. Can't say I will be rooting for your team but I wont be rooting nearly as hard against them if I had not experienced Heinz and Pitt for that game.

13. Last: Enjoy it now! The Pats will be back and will knock the snot out of you guys again next season!

lloydfan4life
01-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Well????? :scratch:

Did you visit the bathroom at Jerome's? :dunno:

:lol:

PatsFanMike
01-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Didn't go there. Mullen's was fine so we just stayed there.

lloydfan4life
01-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Glad you had a great time in the Burgh! :yellowthumb:

PatsFanMike
01-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Glad you had a great time in the Burgh! :yellowthumb:

Thanks. You guys have a great sports town there.

steelersbabex25
01-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Thanks for coming back and telling us what you thought. As for the Steeler fans putting up with the Jets fans, I've noticed that us Steeler fans like to wait until we get outside of the stadium to start the fights. I've never witnessed a fight inside Heinz (besides at the Winter Classic) but I've seen a ton outside of the stadium. Glad you had a good time! I'm extremely jealous that you got to go to that game. It must have been awesome.