PDA

View Full Version : Count on this fellow Stiller fans..

TheButt
01-19-2011, 07:03 PM
The Jet recievers will not drop the ball when it hits them in the chest , unlike the rat wideouts.... :nono:

And the media can lick Sanchez nutz all they want, the Pats D aint nothing like ours... he has never faced Troy.. and it will be the difference this time... I dont blame Troy for playing a little poorly during the rats game,, it was his first game in like a month really... can hardly call the turds game a real game. So I'll cut him some slack... but this weekend its a whole new ballgame.. buckle up Sanchez pain is coming.

The only key to this game is NO turnovers.. we dont turn it over, we win.
And if our LB's play like they did last week -- we will dominate , go watch the film , they were beasts last week.

Stillers 24 -- Jets -- 17.

See you in Dallas Chicago... :popcorn:

Goodfrom55
01-19-2011, 07:09 PM
The Jet recievers will not drop the ball when it hits them in the chest , unlike the rat wideouts.... :nono:

And the media can lick Sanchez nutz all they want, the Pats D aint nothing like ours... he has never faced Troy.. and it will be the difference this time... I dont blame Troy for playing a little poorly during the rats game,, it was his first game in like a month really... can hardly call the turds game a real game. So I'll cut him some slack... but this weekend its a whole new ballgame.. buckle up Sanchez pain is coming.

And if our LB's play like they did last week -- we will dominate , go watch the film , they were beasts last week.

I don't think Troy played poorly at all. Often times, he and Clark switched off on responsibilities which put Clark in position down the by the LOS to make plays and Troy was in Center field. Sure he whiffed on a tackle of two, but I still give him a B for his performance.

Need him to be a difference maker this week. As long as the Steelers don't implode this week, they will not lose this game.

LatrobePA
01-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Ray Rice punched Troy in the gut and stole his lunch money on the way to the EZ last week.

Steel Trap86
01-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Ray Rice punched Troy in the gut and stole his lunch money on the way to the EZ last week.

I think he slept with his wife too

mwittman5
01-19-2011, 07:16 PM
I don't think Troy played poorly at all. Often times, he and Clark switched off on responsibilities which put Clark in position down the by the LOS to make plays and Troy was in Center field. Sure he whiffed on a tackle of two, but I still give him a B for his performance.

Need him to be a difference maker this week. As long as the Steelers don't implode this week, they will not lose this game.

exactly. Im sure Troy had a big part in Boldin having negative yds

K Train
01-19-2011, 07:17 PM
troy played a terrible game, one of the worst ive ever seen him play as a pro.

and let this be known that edwards and holmes are easily both top 5 in dropped balls over the last few years

TheButt
01-19-2011, 07:25 PM
and let this be known that edwards and holmes are easily both top 5 in dropped balls over the last few years

In big games Holmes makes big plays. Edwards also had a good game last week.. I know it was only one game.. hopefully you are right and they will choke up on the pressure.. I doubt Holmes will , but maybe Edwards will.

steelersbabex25
01-19-2011, 07:30 PM

Really? I bet most of us wouldn't expect Boldin to drop too many passes either..

K Train
01-19-2011, 07:45 PM
edwards is constantly in the top 3 of dropped passes and holmes is usually in the top 10. i know holmes loves the playoffs, but after last week i believe Ike does too. no way we let holmes beat us, no ****ing way.

anyway my point is that the theory behind this thread is wrong.....boldin and housh are usually pretty sure handed, edwards and holmes are not

TheButt
01-19-2011, 07:54 PM
edwards is constantly in the top 3 of dropped passes and holmes is usually in the top 10. i know holmes loves the playoffs, but after last week i believe Ike does too. no way we let holmes beat us, no ****ing way.

anyway my point is that the theory behind this thread is wrong.....boldin and housh are usually pretty sure handed, edwards and holmes are not

My "theory" of Holmes not dropping passes in BIG games is not wrong... and if the last few weeks are any indication of how Edwards performs , he wont either.

K Train
01-19-2011, 07:58 PM
i dont think last week is any indication of anything. the pats defense is **** poor. the jets might have seemed to be the little guy in the matchup but they match up better with the pats than most teams do.

i just dont buy into the jets, especially on offense

steelersbabex25
01-19-2011, 08:01 PM
i dont think last week is any indication of anything. the pats defense is **** poor. the jets might have seemed to be the little guy in the matchup but they match up better with the pats than most teams do.

i just dont buy into the jets, especially on offense

I'm sorry, good receivers or not you just can't expect much to come of the Jets offense in this game. Sanchez is a second year quarterback and you're basically handing him a gameplan that says, "The entire game is in your hands. You're playing the #1 defense, and you're playing them in their house. Good luck bro."

TheButt
01-19-2011, 08:06 PM
I'm sorry, good receivers or not you just can't expect much to come of the Jets offense in this game. Sanchez is a second year quarterback and you're basically handing him a gameplan that says, "The entire game is in your hands. You're playing the #1 defense, and you're playing them in their house. Good luck bro."

Try reading my entire post and not one sentence.

steelersbabex25
01-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Try reading my entire post and not one sentence.

Try reading mine. I wasn't responding to your post, I was agreeing with K Train's.

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-19-2011, 08:18 PM
I say we win 31-13 with miller and Troy being the difference

TheButt
01-19-2011, 08:21 PM
"Try reading mine. I wasn't responding to your post, I was agreeing with K Train's. "

Got ya.. you just reiterated my intial post.. so sorry babe.

steelersbabex25
01-19-2011, 08:26 PM
"Try reading mine. I wasn't responding to your post, I was agreeing with K Train's. "

Got ya.. you just reiterated my intial post.. so sorry babe.

No worries.

jetsknicks1
01-19-2011, 09:47 PM

I think you're wrong. We ran for over 100 yds last time we played and I'm sure the Jet's OL doesn't see any reason why they can't do it again. If we're able to run our offense, Mark will just need to play like he has been.

K Train
01-19-2011, 09:51 PM
I think you're wrong. We ran for over 100 yds last time we played and I'm sure the Jet's OL doesn't see any reason why they can't do it again. If we're able to run our offense, Mark will just need to play like he has been.

im sure thats how they see it....but the steelers D is a proud unit that put up legendary stats this year and im sure they will do everything they possibly can to not allow that to happen again. wont be able to line up and run like they did against the patriots.

Steel Trap86
01-19-2011, 09:54 PM
The Jets game plan is to run the ball with LT and Green and try to take all the pressure off Sanchez. They did run for over 100 yards, but I don't know if they can do that twice in a row, in fact I highly ****ing doubt it lol If the Jets want to win, Sanchez & Holmes or Edwards are going to have to make the plays, while Holmes is more then capable, Sanchez isn't....not only that, but Ben will have an answer for anything they throw at him.

steelersbabex25
01-19-2011, 10:00 PM

Have you seen the stats for the Steelers games this year? They faced some of the best backs in the league. Peyton Hillis, Darren McFadden, Michael Turner, etc. They didn't allow any of them to run for 100 yards. Averaging just over 60 yards of total rush yards allowed per game? Man, I would not be too confident facing a defense with numbers like that. The Jets caught the D Line on an off day back in December, and I can guarantee they won't catch them on an off day in the AFCCG.

jetsknicks1
01-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Have you seen the stats for the Steelers games this year? They faced some of the best backs in the league. Peyton Hillis, Darren McFadden, Michael Turner, etc. They didn't allow any of them to run for 100 yards. Averaging just over 60 yards of total rush yards allowed per game? Man, I would not be too confident facing a defense with numbers like that. The Jets caught the D Line on an off day back in December, and I can guarantee they won't catch them on an off day in the AFCCG.

An off day? Cmon. The Steelers have a the #2 D but give credit where credit is due. The Jets came into Pittsburgh and did something hardly any other team could do, rush for over 100 yards. Don't minimize that by claiming an "Off day"

steelersbabex25
01-19-2011, 10:21 PM
An off day? Cmon. The Steelers have a the #2 D but give credit where credit is due. The Jets came into Pittsburgh and did something hardly any other team could do, rush for over 100 yards. Don't minimize that by claiming an "Off day"

The reason that no other team could do it is why I can minimize it. They did something no other team could do, yeah. Good for them. They won't be able to do it twice.

jetsknicks1
01-19-2011, 10:29 PM
The reason that no other team could do it is why I can minimize it. They did something no other team could do, yeah. Good for them. They won't be able to do it twice.

Maybe, maybe not, we'll see. And the quote in bold makes no sense at all.

steelersbabex25
01-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Maybe, maybe not, we'll see. And the quote in bold makes no sense at all.

It does, in fact. It's not like the Jets are the best running team that the Steelers have faced and that's why they were able to rush for 100 yards. Every team has off games. That was an off game for the defense. That's why I can pretty confidently say I can minimize that stat.

jetsknicks1
01-19-2011, 10:44 PM
It does, in fact. It's not like the Jets are the best running team that the Steelers have faced and that's why they were able to rush for 100 yards. Every team has off games. That was an off game for the defense. That's why I can pretty confidently say I can minimize that stat.

When you have a team that prides itself on it's D, especially it's run D (Rightfully so) and you have a team known for running the ball coming in and you prepare an enitire week to stop the run and you can't, that says more about the talent of the running team than it does about your run D having an off day. I guess we'll just to agree to disagree.

steelersbabex25
01-19-2011, 10:51 PM
When you have a team that prides itself on it's D, especially it's run D (Rightfully so) and you have a team known for running the ball coming in and you prepare an enitire week to stop the run and you can't, that says more about the talent of the running team than it does about your run D having an off day. I guess we'll just to agree to disagree.

Not really. There's something to be said for good preparation and bad execution. The Steelers defense didn't execute well that day. Maybe that's due to the Jets, maybe that'd due to the Steelers beating themselves. I'll take the ladder.

jetsknicks1
01-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Not really. There's something to be said for good preparation and bad execution. The Steelers defense didn't execute well that day. Maybe that's due to the Jets, maybe that'd due to the Steelers beating themselves. I'll take the ladder.

I'm sure you will. :)

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-20-2011, 12:03 AM
what 's all the fuss about 100 yds rushing?? That was a combined stat,the STEELERS held LT and Green under a hundred yds a piece. The STEELERS pride themselves on not giving up a hundred yds rushing to a single back. wk 15 game 106 total yds rushing by 4 players? That's really establishing the run :rolleyes:

igor0190
01-20-2011, 12:35 AM

The Steelers have allowed 100 yards rushing in what 2 of their last 50 games or something stupid like that? I would say that it is only reasonable to assume that the Jets getting 100 was an anomaly... Of course they are a good running team, but the Steelers face MANY good rushing teams.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-20-2011, 02:40 AM
holmes has a chip on his shoulder and an axe to grind for being dumped by the steelers. doper. his words. he will not be concentrating 100% on the task at hand.

jetsknicks1
01-20-2011, 09:00 AM
what 's all the fuss about 100 yds rushing?? That was a combined stat,the STEELERS held LT and Green under a hundred yds a piece. The STEELERS pride themselves on not giving up a hundred yds rushing to a single back. wk 15 game 106 total yds rushing by 4 players? That's really establishing the run :rolleyes:

Yes it is. The Jets run game isn't focused around one guy, it's a 3 headed monster of LT, Green & Smith. The goal of any running team is to hit that 100 yard mark, it doesn't matter if it's done by one guy or three.

--- Added 1/20/2011 at 07:00 AM ---

holmes has a chip on his shoulder and an axe to grind for being dumped by the steelers. doper. his words. he will not be concentrating 100% on the task at hand.

It's always possible that the "Revenge" factor backfires and takes the player out of his game. Holmes has played pretty well all year though and I think he'll be ok.

steelersbabex25
01-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Yes it is. The Jets run game isn't focused around one guy, it's a 3 headed monster of LT, Green & Smith. The goal of any running team is to hit that 100 yard mark, it doesn't matter if it's done by one guy or three.

:thinking: I'm pretty sure the argument goes "so-and-so ran for 100 yards this many times in their career," not, "this team as a whole rushed for 100 yards this many times." If you're happy with 100 yards rushing for the entire game, that means each guy is averaging just over 30 yards? Ew.

SteelDad
01-20-2011, 12:47 PM
They can turn into the freaking Oklahoma wishbone and run for 300 yards for all I care as long WE win!

NHStlrfan
01-20-2011, 12:48 PM

--- Added 1/20/2011 at 07:00 AM ---

It's always possible that the "Revenge" factor backfires and takes the player out of his game. Holmes has played pretty well all year though and I think he'll be ok.

Please refer to my rebuttal of your rushing stats. Numbers is numbers and stats is stats. Mendenhall outrushed your 3 headed monster. :helmet:

jetsknicks1
01-20-2011, 12:56 PM
:thinking: I'm pretty sure the argument goes "so-and-so ran for 100 yards this many times in their career," not, "this team as a whole rushed for 100 yards this many times." If you're happy with 100 yards rushing for the entire game, that means each guy is averaging just over 30 yards? Ew.

You're trying to equate individual stats to team stats, I don't care if we have 5 guys rush for 25 yards each. The ultimate goal is to run the ball, eat clock & keep the opposing team's offense off the field.

--- Added 1/20/2011 at 10:56 AM ---

Please refer to my rebuttal of your rushing stats. Numbers is numbers and stats is stats. Mendenhall outrushed your 3 headed monster. :helmet:

I saw the thread but hadn't had a chance to check it out yet. I'll defly look at it.

steelersbabex25
01-20-2011, 12:58 PM
You're trying to equate individual stats to team stats, I don't care if we have 5 guys rush for 25 yards each. The ultimate goal is to run the ball, eat clock & keep the opposing team's offense off the field.

Right, but your initial point was that the goal of every team is to run for 100 yards in total, and I don't think that's entirely true.

K Train
01-20-2011, 12:58 PM
im willing to guarantee the jets do not come away with a hundred yard rusher, probably not even 100 total again. this unit is too good and prides themselves on their defense way to much to let the same thing happen twice in one month against the same guys that just talk **** non stop

jetsknicks1
01-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Right, but your initial point was that the goal of every team is to run for 100 yards in total, and I don't think that's entirely true.

My I wasn't clear (No sarcasim). I believe that the goal of any "Running" team is to hit that 100 yard mark as a minimum. I think we went for 106 against you guys, well below our average but also well above the average your D gives up. Breaking the 100 yd mark against your D is a major accomplishment and if we can do it again I think that bodes well for us.

Goodfrom55
01-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Anything the Jets can do to take the pressure off of Sanchez bodes well in the Jets favor. But 2nd time aroud, Steelers will also make some adjustments Troy will be out there (No offense Mundy), also have to realize playing in Pittsburgh during the regular season and playing in Pittsburgh in the playoffs are two different mosters. Gonna be tough for the kid to pull it off.

wa2k99
01-20-2011, 02:48 PM

Two things.

Since when has the media kissed Sanchez' ***? Did we all miss something? They talk well about young QB's like Ryan and Flacco, which is all well and good, but Sanchez never gets that kind of credit.

I certainly don't expect the Jets to have an individual rusher to hit 100 yards, but I defiintely expect over 100 total. The offensive line has been amazing as the season has gone on. Ferguson, Mangold, and Moore are all Pro Bowl-caliber players.

TheButt
01-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Two things.

Since when has the media kissed Sanchez' ***? Did we all miss something? They talk well about young QB's like Ryan and Flacco, which is all well and good, but Sanchez never gets that kind of credit.

I certainly don't expect the Jets to have an individual rusher to hit 100 yards, but I defiintely expect over 100 total. The offensive line has been amazing as the season has gone on. Ferguson, Mangold, and Moore are all Pro Bowl-caliber players.

One: Yeah I guess you missed it.

Two: I expect our D to play a hell of alot better then we did last time we played. We gave a total of 126 yards , thats - TOTAL- 126 yards against the Rats.. and yes I think your O is better then the Rats -- but not by that much ...not in Jan... not in Pittsburgh..not in the AFC championship game. Our front seven on D are pro-bowl caliber players..
Hampton ...been in the pro bowl
Keisiel .. in pro bowl this year
Smith .. been in pro bowl
Harrison .. in pro bowl
Woodley... been in pro bowl
Farrior ... been in pro bowl
Timmons... led the team in tackles and should have been in the pro bowl this year..
Ziggy.... did ya watch the game last week ?????

Throw in Troy who is all world...!!

Are you crappin your pants yet ??? You should be. Jets dont stand a chance this weekend. Go watch the tape when you beat us in Dec. thats as good as its going to get for you.