PDA

View Full Version : LaMarr Woodley cracks me up (Jets SI cover)

steelersbabex25
01-19-2011, 05:42 PM
For those of you who aren't fans of his on Facebook, you really should be. He does a lot of free giveaways and likes to interact with fans. Anyway, his latest post consisted of this picture:

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/27/16730518730074462119113.jpg (http://img30.imageshack.us/i/16730518730074462119113.jpg/)

and his caption was: "Look @ what i just got in the mail 2day... LOL!!! does any1 kno the last time we lost 2 games in the same season at home 2 the same team???"

He followed that up with: "My response to the SI cover is this... LOL"
tq08yOneY_0

Hopefully that cover will light a fire under them. That's something that I could see Mike Tomlin hanging up in the locker room.

K Train
01-19-2011, 05:53 PM
they are flying high after leveling the mighty colts that barely made the playoffs and the patriots.....the difference is they wont just try to run on the steelers, espically with moderate success last time, this unit is way to proud

LarryNJ
01-19-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm not a fan of Woodleys facebook at all...I think it's great that he gives things away but he's way too much into self promotion and on there more than i belive he should be during playoff time especially. That being said I noticed that at 5:30 am Monday he was up to watch tape so maybe I'm going a little overboard.

steelersbabex25
01-19-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm not a fan of Woodleys facebook at all...I think it's great that he gives things away but he's way too much into self promotion and on there more than i belive he should be during playoff time especially. That being said I noticed that at 5:30 am Monday he was up to watch tape so maybe I'm going a little overboard.

:dunno: I appreciate players who try to connect with their fans.

LarryNJ
01-19-2011, 06:25 PM
:dunno: I appreciate players who try to connect with their fans.

I can understand that and it's fine. But I prefer Troys way of connecting with the fans...Body Surfing at the SB parade!

LatrobePA
01-19-2011, 07:54 PM
I can understand that and it's fine. But I prefer Troys way of connecting with the fans...Body Surfing at the SB parade!

Or like Clark, losing his cell to a fan during the parade, then calling it and meeting them to get it back!!

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-19-2011, 11:16 PM
They should know better, ya might get what ya asked for...

steelchamp204
01-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Hey Babe, you know what would be a good idea, if they win sunday, maybe we could come up with a few questions to ask him since he would have to weeks off, kinda like a small quick interview? I dont have facebook or i would ask him lol. Think he would do it, sounds like a cool dude on facebook.

LarryNJ
01-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Hey Babe, you know what would be a good idea, if they win sunday, maybe we could come up with a few questions to ask him since he would have to weeks off, kinda like a small quick interview? I dont have facebook or i would ask him lol. Think he would do it, sounds like a cool dude on facebook.

It would be tough he has 67,000 people friends.. but than again if anyone could get him to answer a few I'm sure babe can.

steelchamp204
01-20-2011, 09:43 AM
It would be tough he has 67,000 people friends.. but than again if anyone could get him to answer a few I'm sure babe can.

Well if we said it was for a steelers talkboard forum thats pretty popular and growing, maybe he would? Why not try you know, the worst he could say is no. Plus itd be rly kool and good thing for the board. You dont see the bmoresun interviewing players lmao.

LarryNJ
01-20-2011, 09:50 AM
Why not try you know

Absolutely...you should always go for it. :greengrin:

BTW: Why don't you have facebook? It's 2011 you know! :lol::lol:

steelchamp204
01-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Used to have it but the gf got jealous cause of other girls and such always talking to me and it was a pita, so I was like **** it man. Everyone is telling me to join up and such and buggin me, maybe one of these drunkin nights I will, who knows maybe tonight if I feel like it.

Root4Stlrs
01-20-2011, 11:07 AM

Troy's on Facebook and also on Twitter but Troy mostly tweets about the thing he's doing with Twit Change (?) auctioning re-tweets by celebrities. He isn't into self-promotion at all, of course. Ryan Clark deleted his Twitter account a week or so ago but he tweeted a lot before and some of it was hilarious, like trying to get dates for Casey Hampton and James Farrior for New Year's Eve. Some of them use these modes of communication to thank fans, which is neat. Like Farrior and Timmons both thanked fans at Heinz Field for being so loud on Saturday. LaMarr is just such an extrovert and those folks get energy from interacting so it's probably a good thing for him to do. Let's just hope he has a lot of "interaction" with Sanchez on Sunday.

TampaSteelGirl
01-20-2011, 11:18 AM
I have him on my FB too and he's hilarious!!!! I loved all the Ravens pics he posted all week before the game!!! LOVE this guy!!!

steelersbabex25
01-20-2011, 11:24 AM

I could definitely try, but it would be difficult. He has a bunch of people following him. Emmanuel Sanders on the other hand only has like 3000 people following him, and he usually replies to you if you post something on his wall. BRC already did an interview with him though.

Hm :thinking:..I'm not sure if I should take that as an insult or a compliment :hehheh:

TampaSteelGirl
01-20-2011, 11:27 AM
I could definitely try, but it would be difficult. He has a bunch of people following him. Emmanuel Sanders on the other hand only has like 3000 people following him, and he usually replies to you if you post something on his wall. BRC already did an interview with him though.

Hm :thinking:..I'm not sure if I should take that as an insult or a compliment :hehheh:

Girl you can contact him...go back a few posts of his and he tells you how you can directly send him a question or comment....

steelchamp204
01-20-2011, 11:28 AM

Come on Babe, YOU CAN DO ITTTTTTTT!!! Lmao, if we cant get wood, we can always do a q,a with snaders and how it feels going to the sb and what the playoff exp has been like? lol

steelersbabex25
01-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Girl you can contact him...go back a few posts of his and he tells you how you can directly send him a question or comment....

Yeah I could definitely do that. I'm sure he gets a ton of questions sent his way, but we might get lucky.

Come on Babe, YOU CAN DO ITTTTTTTT!!! Lmao, if we cant get wood, we can always do a q,a with snaders and how it feels going to the sb and what the playoff exp has been like? lol

We could try to do both. I would need help with some interview questions for Wood though, cause we'll probably only get one shot at it.

SteelDad
01-20-2011, 11:41 AM
As much as it pained me, I finally got on the Twitter bandwagon this week. I only did it to follow the Steelers who are on it along with a few of the top NFL writers and Steelers' beat writers. I added it to my blog too (shameless plug:grin1:). I must admit, it's pretty darn cool seeing these guys interact with each other and the fans.

tburg68
01-20-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm not a fan of Woodleys facebook at all...maybe I'm going a little overboard.

You are.

xBlitzBurghx
01-20-2011, 04:01 PM
I tried talking to him on Twitter once and he replied! And it was his real profile so I'm pretty sure it was him and he was very nice

LarryNJ
01-23-2011, 11:17 AM
You are.

You're right I admit it I was wrong. How can you not Love this post?

Any1 else wake up 2day feeling like a little kid on christmas??? GAME DAY LETS GO STEELER NATION!!!!

I hope he's the MVP of today's game.

tburg68
01-23-2011, 11:25 AM
I hope he's the MVP of today's game.

As a Michigan fan, and a Steeler fan, I love this guy. He is hyped up and loves to interact with fans. I hope he is MVP of this game too. 2+ sacks and a forced turnover may do it.

Steelers 28 Jets 10

LarryNJ
01-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Its about that time to say goodbye to my fbook fam til later on 2nite... steeler nation click LIKE if ur with me.. SANCHEZZZ HERE I COMEE

Go get his *** Lamarr!!!!!

steelersbabex25
01-23-2011, 01:28 PM
A lot of athletes say all they want is to win a championship.. what people dont realize is once u get 1, u become even more hungry for another and it becomes an OBSESSION.. i NEED another ring and i need it ASAP

:woot:

LatrobePA
01-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Go get his *** Lamarr!!!!!

Pound him! :cope:

steelersbabex25
01-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Woodley just posted this picture
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6618/17904916220627716119310.jpg (http://img41.imageshack.us/i/17904916220627716119310.jpg/)

and as the caption he wrote "Wanna kno something funny?? 1 of those people said to me "u blow up my newsfeed on facebook!!" LOL is there any word u hear on a daily basis more than 'facebook'??"

:hilarious: he blows up mine too!

LarryNJ
01-25-2011, 09:56 PM
I didn't like it at all. I thought he spent way too much time on there. Like he should practice 24/7. But knowing you can do all that with a phone and and in the matter of 30 seconds. I realize I was wrong. Now I'm hooked and can't wait to see what he says next.

Real Deal Steel
01-26-2011, 01:44 AM
If Lamar can just catch Rodgers, if he thought the Peppers hit was good......:lol: