PDA

View Full Version : A Somber Remembrance To The World's Greatest New York Jets Fan

Phenomenal TJ
01-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Just as a preface, some of you may not like it, but I had to say/do it.

Around four years ago, I truly starting branching out in my quest for sports knowledge, and about four years ago, I ran into an argumentative figure known to me at the time as only ‘NYSR’.

He and I butted heads on nearly everything NFL related, if I said the grass was green, he would say it was forest green. Eventually the place we communicated shut down and we didn’t see each other for a year or two.

Little did I know that my former adversary would turn into one of my best friends, and yeah – I understand how some of you may feel about ‘online friends’ but when you talk to someone day after day, share personal thoughts, plans, hopes, dreams, etc. then you’re friends – online or not, then you get close to them.

<More (http://steelhurtin.com/2011/01/19/a-somber-remembrance-to-the-worlds-greatest-new-york-jets-fan/)>

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Great write up TJ !! a Moving tribute to your friend, very well stated !!

Phenomenal TJ
01-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Thanks man. I really appreciate it. I sent it to his sister, and they're going to read it at the funeral.

LarryNJ
01-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Sorry for your loss... after your mother a good friend is the greatest thing in life. I'm glad you were able to have such a good one.

TampaSteelGirl
01-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Aww TJ...tears well up in my eyes as I"m reading this touching tribute to your dear friend...God bless! I hope he comes to you in a dream and you both share some sports talk. I'm sure he would love what you wrote and love your signature. I pray you find some peace.

God bless you both and we are all here for you!!! :hugs:

DIESELMAN
01-19-2011, 12:44 PM
Very touching TJ.....sorry for your loss bro.

Steelersfan
01-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Sorry for the loss of a friend TJ.

SteelerNC
01-19-2011, 01:11 PM
so sorry to hear...God bless

lloydfan4life
01-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Wow.. sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, TJ. Thanks for sharing this with us.

PsychoWard
01-19-2011, 10:18 PM
Sorry for your loss TJ! I have A LOT of very close 'online friends' on this website!!! I can't imagine losing one of them!! my heart goes out to you and his friends and family!

Bucsfan4ever
01-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Such a great write-up, TJ! Have read many of Scott's posts and competed with him in the fantasy leagues...so young, so tragic...he will be sorely missed.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2011, 03:50 PM
Hey Bro, I'm sorry man. I know what it's like to lose a close friend like you had with Scott. You did a great job, I'm sure he is smiling down on you.

steelersbabex25
01-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Beautiful write-up TJ. So sorry for your loss.