PDA

View Full Version : Did you tweak your mojo Saturday night?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-19-2011, 12:41 AM
Listening to the great Craig Wolfley (http://www.craigwolfley.com/) do his podcast (http://craigwolfley.com/category/podcasts/) wrapping up the big win vs the hated Ravens, he talked about “tweaking the mojination”. If you know Wolf, “mojination” is one of the unique and unforgettable terms in his Steeler vocabulary that makes him so special to listen to. Hearing all the fans call in for his daily radio show on Fox 970am with Tunch (http://www.970espn.com/main.html), I just had to write about my experience.

We as fans do many things on gameday to make sure that our black ‘n gold mojo is at full force to help our team. When things don’t go our way we are tempted to “tweak the mojo” to help turn the tides. Take the dog for a walk at Halftime, sit in a different spot on the couch, change the jersey, there’s a miriad of possibilities. Some are reluctant to change at all because they’ve had the same routine for decades, win or lose. Others are more willing to try something new in the heat of battle in a game like we saw last Saturday. I was one of those people on Saturday night.

I assumed the normal routine when the game started. Sitting on the floor in my living room, wearing my ’06 SteelerAddicts jersey, and my favorite Terrible Towel over my left shoulder. My laptop on the coffee table with my drink and popcorn, twitter, FB, and SA opened up and ready to go. The main difference was that my 14 yr old son was at the house that afternoon; not the norm having him over on game day but since his sister was having her friends over he wanted to get out of girlietown for a few hours. As we recall the game was not going well after the initial drive to go up 7-0 in the first quarter. My wife took him back home at Halftime (as was the original plan), and she picked up a pizza on her way back. So the 2nd half starts, I’m taking a few bites of a slice of pepperoni pizza. I put it down on a plate on the coffee table and at that exact moment, Ryan Clark strips the hall from Ray Rice and the comeback was on! I told Missy as soon as that happened, DO NOT touch that piece of pizza, sit where you are and don’t move. As the rest of the game goes on that piece of pizza was still there on the plate, and our poor dogs sat there the entire half eyeing up that slice, drool icicles hanging from their mouths just dying to chomp on it.

As it turned out, we of course won the game and it wasn’t till the game was over that I finally gave in and let them share that half slice. I told Missy, next week if you get a pizza at Halftime I need to make sure that I save the first piece only half eaten just in case…and I told my son, “I love ya to death bud, you come over anytime you like you know that…but if you come over on game days again you have to go back to your moms till it’s over.

He smiled, laughed, gave me a hug and said ‘yeah I know dad’
Moral of the story is, don’t be afraid to tweak your “mojination”, you never know how it might help…but don’t go overboard.

BlitzburghRockCity – SteelerAddicts & SteelerAddicts Blog

LarryNJ
01-19-2011, 06:43 AM
Hahaha..nice! Half a piece of pizza for all! Just keep the dogs away or they will snatch it from the table as you are cheering. :)

steelersbabex25
01-19-2011, 10:23 AM
In my house, we all watch games on different TVs because we would kill each other if we didn't. My parents watch in their room, I watch in my room, and my brother watches in his room, and we all convene in my parents room during commercials to talk about whatever just happened. We usually go back before the game starts, but at this one particular commercial break we were talking for an especially long time. As soon as the game gets on my brother jumps up and goes, "EVERYONE BACK TO YOUR POSITIONS!" Hey, it works. For the Jets game I intend on sitting in this very seat.

At halftime I was also a little depressed, so I decided to do some cleaning. I have a Steeler scarf that I got when I went up to Pittsburgh for the Bengals game, and I didn't know what to do with it so I just threw it over a plank on my fan. Needless to say I will not be taking that scarf down until they win the Superbowl..

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-19-2011, 10:41 AM
I was geared up in my game day attire..camouflage Ben jersey and camo pants normal t- shirt underneath , well I have a camo STEELERS cap i have sitting on the china closet,usually, but with it being a playoff game I decided to go full gear and was wearing it also. Earlier in the day while out shopping I picked up a black TT,I didn't have one, that I had sitting at the base of the TV.
Well as we all know at halftime things were looking a little bleak..so I put the hat back in it's spot.Getting ready for kickoff I noticed the black TT was gone. I asked Gwyn what happened to it, she said don't worry but it's not staying there!!
Once the game was over ,with very satisfactory results, I asked bout the TT again,well she pulled it outta the couch and was then placed back on TV stand. I know the hat won't be necessary again and will stay on the china closet, the black TT will be stuffed into the couch cushions and every thing will be fine in STEELERS NATION !!:tt02::tt02::tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Hahaha..nice! Half a piece of pizza for all! Just keep the dogs away or they will snatch it from the table as you are cheering. :)

LOL Larry, it was funny. both dogs were sitting there just eyeing up that piece of pizza. Our one dog was drooling like crazy :lol: :barf: they sat there the entire 2nd half just waiting for us to let them eat it or walk away so they could grab it.

SteelDad
01-19-2011, 12:47 PM
It's always refreshing to see Steeler fans as bizarre, twisted and distrurbed as I am and I mean this in most positive way. For me, I watch Steeler games by myself. If the wife or kids come through, that's fine, but they should have a purpose and move on. To go through exactly what I do before and during each game would take too long and would probably convince one of you to call Dr. Phil and have me on one of his OCD shows but anyway.... I find that I very rarely tweak things during games because my mindset is that if I do and we lose, then I wasn't confident enough with my original routine and should have stayed with it. My colleagues at work have already been asking if I'm nervous yet....