PDA

View Full Version : "The Jets and Sanchez don't suck!"

NHStlrfan
01-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Loyal Steelers fans everywhere. I like what I hear from our Steelers players and coaches. They are NOT making the same mistake that was made in Foxboro. NO the J E T S DO NOT SUCK! Too many in the New England and National media perpetrated the myth and Rex and gang green from NYC all kept it up with the talk. The Jets are beatable and that's a fact however it is going to take a focused effort to prevail. They had a better game plan than New England. That's why the prevailed.

coldrolled
01-18-2011, 05:27 PM
A 25th ranked defense played the 3rd ranked defense..

That played out in the playoffs as it should.

Goodfrom55
01-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Jets CB's took away Welker and Branch and the safeties took away Hernandez and Gronkowski. That left something called Woodhead and the guy with the identity crisis, Jarvis-Green Ellis. Steelers WR corps is far and away better than the Pats personnel and if the Jets put 6 guys in the box on Sunday to stop Mendenhall who is just a little better than Woodhead, Ben might throw the ball 4 times.

It will be a good game - will be difficult for the Jets to match the intensity they had in the previous 2 games vs Indy and NE where the game was personal. I see a healthy Steelers team, particularly the defense, bringing something Sanchez has never seen before. Thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of Steelers 23, Jets 14.

NHStlrfan
01-18-2011, 05:31 PM
I didn't see the two defenses on the field at the same time. A top ranked offense played a top ranked defense and a mid-low ranked defense played a mid-low ranked offense. The point being the Jets should not be taken lightly. That was the mistake in NE.

Goodfrom55
01-18-2011, 05:37 PM
I don't believe the Steelers the the Jets lightly; afterall they beat them here a month ago. I just think they are happy to be playing home game is all.

NHStlrfan
01-18-2011, 05:38 PM
I don't believe the Steelers the the Jets lightly; afterall they beat them here a month ago. I just think they are happy to be playing home game is all.

I agree. I've seen a number of reports and some overconfident threads out there. Don't pack the bags for Dallas until Sunday about 10:30 PM.:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-18-2011, 05:39 PM
No Steeler fan in their right mind thinks this game will be a cake walk, or that the Jets are no good. The team damn sure knows that too. You don't go on the road and knock off Peyton Manning and Tom Brady back to back and not be any good. Granted the Colts were undermanned on offense and defense due to injuries. The Pats on offense were firing on all cylinders all year long perhaps they were due for a bad game by Brady. Either way their defense was ranked 25th so it's no surprise that Sanchez and his weapons had some success. I don't care who you are though, beating Belichick and Brady is a big time feat no matter who else is on the field.

The Steelers will be ready and by no means looking past this game.

NHStlrfan
01-18-2011, 05:43 PM
No Steeler fan in their right mind thinks this game will be a cake walk, or that the Jets are no good.

The Steelers will be ready and by no means looking past this game.

Have you seen some of the pics out there?! There are a lot of fans that no one would ever say are in their right mind!:lol:

Goodfrom55
01-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Granted they did not occur on Tomlin's watch, there have been enough choke jobs by the Steelers in conference championship games that not matter confident the fans may be, the Steelers players are focused on avenging a loss and playing in the death star in Dallas in 2 weeks. Don't forget, this is a verteran group of players who won't allow for distraction and bullsh*t talk.

NHStlrfan
01-18-2011, 05:46 PM
You have a point. Tomlin is no Cowher when it comes to playing it close to the vest in big games. The veterans should set teh tone and last week's opening half should get the bad play out of the way.

Clevelandsux
01-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Anyone that thinks the Steelers or there fans are taking the Jets lightly are ignorant. The Jets are a very good football team. They are loaded with talent. Cromartie, Revis, Holmes, Edwards, Tomlinson. Greene, Ferguson, Sanchez, . Yes the Jets talk alot of ****. But nobody talks more **** than the Ravens.

LarryNJ
01-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Fan and threads mean nothing and they should say whtever they want. The players know what is at stake, we lost to the Jets a few weeks ago, the Jets just beat the hottest team in the NFL, they won't take this game or team lightly.

NHStlrfan
01-18-2011, 05:58 PM
Anyone that thinks the Steelers or there fans are taking the Jets lightly are ignorant. The Jets are a very good football team. They are loaded with talent. Cromartie, Revis, Holmes, Edwards, Tomlinson. Greene, Ferguson, Sanchez, . Yes the Jets talk alot of ****. But nobody talks more **** than the Ravens.

Just hearing a lot of talk about this one not being as tough a game as the Ravens. Also hearing things like "Great that they got the Jets not the Pats". Can't let up until number 7's on the way to the Great Hall!

Troyisabeast_43
01-18-2011, 05:58 PM

I think the fact that they also beat them the first time here 5 weeks ago will get them more focused and make them come out with more of a chip on their shoulders in attempt to avenge that loss. I said this in a thread right after the Jets won that game here on December 19th that I would rather lose to the Jets now here at Heinz Field then if they had to come back here in the playoffs. I think that right there works out in the Steelers advantage as well in that it will be very very tough for the Jets to beat the Steelers twice at Heinz Field in a span of 5 weeks. It has only happened once and that 3 years ago when the Jags did it, and it will not be an easy thing to do for Rex and his Jets team. They will have their hands full and I believe MUST play a perfect game to walk out of Heinz Field with a win and a trip to Dallas on Sunday night...If the Steelers outgain the Jets 378 to 276 this game like they did last month the Steelers win this game by 10 points or more. The Jets cannot count on the Steelers giving up a kick return for a TD and a safety in this game to spot the Jets 9 points because it most likely is not going to happen...

NHStlrfan
01-18-2011, 06:00 PM
History does not favor your observation in Pittsburgh AFC title games. There have been a few home title games when I've heard the same chatter. Rember the Chargers and Pats?!

Goodfrom55
01-18-2011, 06:04 PM
History does not favor your observation in Pittsburgh AFC title games. There have been a few home title games when I've heard the same chatter. Rember the Chargers and Pats?!

Biggest difference between those teams and this team is maturity. No Super Bowl plans will be made, no music videos will be shot, only videos Steelers will be focused on will be game film.

Not saying it couldn't happen, but it would take a Steelers implosion for the Jets to win this game.

NHStlrfan
01-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Biggest difference between those teams and this team is maturity. No Super Bowl plans will be made, no music videos will be shot, only videos Steelers will be focused on will be game film.

Not saying it couldn't happen, but it would take a Steelers implosion for the Jets to win this game.

That last line is what I'm referring to. A bad kick, missed field goal, poor decision to return rather than let a punt go deep, a dumb piling on penalty, leaving a fumble onteh ground,... Sound like recent events? The difference between a win and a loss in the post season is usually 3 or 4 plays at pivotal times. Focus is needed to play each and every play as if it's that play. It may be.

coach
01-18-2011, 06:37 PM
I think the fact that they also beat them the first time here 5 weeks ago will get them more focused and make them come out with more of a chip on their shoulders in attempt to avenge that loss. I said this in a thread right after the Jets won that game here on December 19th that I would rather lose to the Jets now here at Heinz Field then if they had to come back here in the playoffs. I think that right there works out in the Steelers advantage as well in that it will be very very tough for the Jets to beat the Steelers twice at Heinz Field in a span of 5 weeks. It has only happened once and that 3 years ago when the Jags did it, and it will not be an easy thing to do for Rex and his Jets team. They will have their hands full and I believe MUST play a perfect game to walk out of Heinz Field with a win and a trip to Dallas on Sunday night...If the Steelers outgain the Jets 378 to 276 this game like they did last month the Steelers win this game by 10 points or more. The Jets cannot count on the Steelers giving up a kick return for a TD and a safety in this game to spot the Jets 9 points because it most likely is not going to happen...

Agree with most of what I see in this thread and 43s points above. I think the one thing I would watch out for, though, is a kick or punt return. Rats almost had one, too. We seem to allow them every so often and this would be a problem in a one score game.

I am also a little nervous about O-line play. If these guys get pressure with 3 or 4 rushers, like they did on Brady, I think the game will be frustrating to watch.

I also agree 100% that losing that close game to Jets will likely keep any Steelers players from entering the game over-confident. Jets played a hell of a game to beat the Cheats and I am sure the Steelers will be all about business this week. This is a winnable game, but the game plan and execution needs to be there, as always.

Goodfrom55
01-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Keep in mind neither Brady nor Manning move around like Ben does. Both are pretty stationary targets. And. . .neither Manning nor Brady have a reliable running game.

steelersbabex25
01-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Just hearing a lot of talk about this one not being as tough a game as the Ravens. Also hearing things like "Great that they got the Jets not the Pats". Can't let up until number 7's on the way to the Great Hall!

1. No Steeler and no knowledgable Steeler fan has said that this game is going to be a walk in the park. You don't get to the AFC Championship game by skipping past horrible teams. Obviously they have some talent to get past 2 of the top ranked teams in the AFC. That pretty much goes without saying.

2. This game won't be as tough as the Ravens. The Ravens games are always tough. We know that. The Ravens know how the Steelers play, and the Steelers know how the Ravens play. It's a rough and tough rivalry game. Playing the Ravens would probably be the toughest game possible.

3. OF COURSE people would rather play the Jets instead of the Pats. The Pats have had our number for years, and we're 7-1 in the last 8 games against the Jets. You would have to be a complete idiot to say "yeah I'd rather play the Pats in their house for the AFC Championship title." That's just downright stupid.

NHStlrfan
01-18-2011, 06:52 PM
3. OF COURSE people would rather play the Jets instead of the Pats. The Pats have had our number for years, and we're 7-1 in the last 8 games against the Jets. You would have to be a complete idiot to say "yeah I'd rather play the Pats in their house for the AFC Championship title." That's just downright stupid.

Just trying to keep the perspective out there. The tendancy is for those who like to spew to react as if the Steelers are a lock and start calling Dallas to make hotel reservations. Need to ensure that the "uninformed" get a reality check every now and then.

coach
01-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Keep in mind neither Brady nor Manning move around like Ben does. Both are pretty stationary targets. And. . .neither Manning nor Brady have a reliable running game.

Manning has a running game. Haven't you seen him run for his life in the face a blitz????????
See him dump the ball to get the ref to blow the whistle???????

The guy looks more like a baseball player than a football player when he does that stuff. Plain soft.

LarryNJ
01-18-2011, 06:56 PM
What do you expect to hear? Oh no the big bad jets are coming, we are doomed. Rex said he is coming to win. They beat the Pats we're done. What a fan says means nothing. Enjoy the fact we are in the championship game. Of course we are happy we are playing the jets, it's a home game. od someone wants to day F Rex Ryan and his team by all means say it.

steelersbabex25
01-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Just trying to keep the perspective out there. The tendancy is for those who like to spew to react as if the Steelers are a lock and start calling Dallas to make hotel reservations. Need to ensure that the "uninformed" get a reality check every now and then.

Psh, please. Nobody's saying it's a lock. This is like you expect Steeler fans to say, "uh yeah, I'd way rather play the Packers than the Seahawks in the Superbowl." They're both good teams (I guess), but you'd way rather face one over the other.

qcurt8
01-18-2011, 07:11 PM
I agree, and I'm sure New England does too now. Steelers will be ready for a great team to come into Heinz Field and I think it'll be close in the 1st half then the Stillers will take it to them.

nuclearchihuahuas
01-18-2011, 07:42 PM
I am going to be interested to see how Rex schemes for the Steelers. He clearly did a great job plotting against Manning and Brady but neither of those QBs run out of the pocket very often. Truth be told, I really just hope we can paste together enough of an offensive line to last the whole game.

Goodfrom55
01-18-2011, 07:52 PM
The O-Line is healthy and ready to go. Outside of the last game vs the Ravens, including vs the Jets Line play was much improved.

lloydfan4life
01-18-2011, 07:53 PM
I am extremely disappointed in each and every one of you. :evilshake:

A 3 page thread about the Jets and 'sucking' and not one reference to toes or feet. :scratch:

:stirpot: :hehheh:

steelersbabex25
01-18-2011, 07:58 PM

A 3 page thread about the Jets and 'sucking' and not one reference to toes or feet. :scratch:

:rofl:

jd1000
01-19-2011, 04:51 AM
Totally agree that this will be no cakewalk. I got onto Whatif and simulated the game 10 times. Similair to their 10,000 simulations Pittsburgh won 7 of 10 times. (I assumed a balanced attack by both sides). However, I noticed that EVERY simulation had the winner by 7 points or less except one time.

This WILL be close. I just hope we do what is typical for Steeler football, take the lead early grind, pound and wear them down. And hope that Sanchez continues to throw high like he has been doing as of late.

JD from Utah

NHStlrfan
01-19-2011, 09:57 AM

Rex Ryan's new theme song, Tiptoe throught he tulips with me. How's that one work for ya!? Perhaps, we'll see how they toe the line in the Burgh. Or we could go with Rex will be aflicted with hoof in mouth disease this week. Of course there's also Their coaches will be watching their toes on the sideline this week. We could go on for hours with this thread!

steelersbabex25
01-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Rex Ryan's new theme song, Tiptoe throught he tulips with me. How's that one work for ya!? Perhaps, we'll see how they toe the line in the Burgh. Or we could go with Rex will be aflicted with hoof in mouth disease this week. Of course there's also Their coaches will be watching their toes on the sideline this week. We could go on for hours with this thread!

It seems that Rex has his (or his wife's) foot in his mouth with all the non-talking this week. :hehheh:

NHStlrfan
01-19-2011, 10:02 AM
It seems that Rex has his (or his wife's) foot in his mouth with all the non-talking this week. :hehheh:

He's decided to put his best foot forward. Lets hope it ends up being firmly in one of his players rear ends after a loss in the Burgh!

jetsknicks1
01-19-2011, 10:24 AM

No need for Rex to talk this week, there really is no rivalry between the two teams. Rex is just keeping his team foucsed on putting one foot in front of the other all the way to the SB.

steelersbabex25
01-19-2011, 10:26 AM
No need for Rex to talk this week, there really is no rivalry between the two teams. Rex is just keeping his team foucsed on putting one foot in front of the other all the way to the SB.

I was just making a foot joke..

NHStlrfan
01-19-2011, 10:30 AM

Rex is a master of the pregame mental show. Should be a good game but I think Rex's plans will include a familiar parking spot on the coaching staff in Honolulu. There he can let his toes breathe in the warm Hawian air and dip them in the warm Pacific ocean. :tt02: He's really good at that game too. He always puts his best foot forward in Hawaii.

jetsknicks1
01-19-2011, 10:40 AM
I was just making a foot joke..

So was I.

Go 'Lers
01-19-2011, 10:41 AM
You mean IF they make it through Pittsburgh, right? :grin1: