PDA

View Full Version : Who Retires?

$teelersRule
01-18-2011, 11:10 AM
If (and i know it is still a huge IF) the Steelers do win this thing who on this team do you think hang it up on a good note? The obvious suspects would be Farrior, Ward, Flozell, Smith, Hampton.. What do you all think?

biglarrythree
01-18-2011, 11:14 AM
If we win it all (which I am hoping for) I would say Flozell. He seems a lot like a one-and-done guy to me. We need to draft at the O-Line position anyway. All those other names are still playing at high levels. I cant see any of them leaving.

Heres my question...with the emergence of the young WRs, and the possibility of having Sweed make a run at making this team next year, is Randle El done? That seems more realistic to me.

K Train
01-18-2011, 11:23 AM
if the steelers win and lets be honest they have to be favorites at this point i believe ward, farrior, flozell, batch and aaron smith would retire.

possibily lebeau as well

flo wanted to come here and win...thats it

ward and farrior have already hinted that they would if they got a 3rd ring

tburg68
01-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Ward and Farrior hang it up. Don't see Flozell back whether the Steelers win it or not. I think Smith comes back.

It would actually be a good time for LeBeau to ride off into the sunset, but I doubt he does.

Phenomenal TJ
01-18-2011, 11:28 AM
The usual suspects - Ward, Farrior, Adams, Smith, Batch.

UKSTEELER
01-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Flozell . . .

I think Hines would like to try and get over a 1000 receptions, and along with Farrior, Hampton and Smith, i'm sure they'd fancy the chance of all claiming a 4th Superbowl ring, thus equalling our previous great team from the 70's.

Hampton and Smith calling it a day after this would be a scary prospect for our D'line.

K Train
01-18-2011, 11:44 AM
dont thnk hampton would, im on the fence with smith....but ward and farrior seem really likely

if flozell gets his ring finally im sure he will call it a career

andyg1984
01-18-2011, 11:47 AM
hampton better keep his fat *** right where he is until we find a replacement .. eveytime i hear jason worilds name i think of terrence cody :( ... %^&$ that pick ..

UKSTEELER
01-18-2011, 11:48 AM
If Bruce retires, . . . .

they'll all be back, . . . .

a 16-0 season and Ring number 8 are easily in reach with a switched on OC. :yesnod:

JensK
01-18-2011, 11:49 AM
dont thnk hampton would, im on the fence with smith....but ward and farrior seem really likely

if flozell gets his ring finally im sure he will call it a career

I don't think Smith will. He seems really hungry still, and thats also the word out of the lockerroom. Hampton still have a bunch of money in his contract, so i doubt he'll leave just yet. No way Ward and Farrior does not retire if we win one again. Same with Flo.

steelersbabex25
01-18-2011, 11:52 AM
I give about a 5% chance that Smith retires next year after missing practically this entire year

K Train
01-18-2011, 11:57 AM
his arms are in shambles and he has a young family and a sick kid....with 3 rings he might walk away while he can still maintain a full rnage of motion in his arms

steelersbabex25
01-18-2011, 12:00 PM
his arms are in shambles and he has a young family and a sick kid....with 3 rings he might walk away while he can still maintain a full rnage of motion in his arms

True. If the Steelers win this year that percentage probably goes up by a lot.

cmerrifield
01-18-2011, 12:04 PM
I think LeBeau, Ward, Farrior, Batch, and Flo maybe Hoke. Smith has one more year on his contract, so I could see him playing that out.

Scorp
01-18-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm thinking Flozell, unless they talk him in to playing one more season. The rest or most of the boys would probably want to match the 70's Steelers with 4 of their own. This is going to be interesting. Great question by the way.

$teelersRule
01-18-2011, 02:36 PM
forgot about Batch and Hoke, i think Batch will be out no matter what the outcome is. We all thought he was gone when Ben came back anyway, that is till Dixon tore his knee. I think Hoke sticks around for a while, I would say there is a greater chance of drafting his replacement and him getting cut rather than seeing him flat out retire

steeldoc
01-18-2011, 02:53 PM
In my perfect world, the Bus gets in the HOF, finding out the day of the SB...Steelers win, and Ward and Farrior retire that night. My eyes are getting wet. :crossfingers:

JollyRob68
01-18-2011, 04:06 PM
IF they Win I think Ward,Batch,Farrior,Smith,Hoke,Adams & Lebeau steps down becomes consultant. Smith will retire while he still has use of his arms, he has kids I'm sure he wants to be able to hold.

Steel Trap86
01-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Hines Ward will hang it up if we win this Superbowl and so will Farrior.

steelchamp204
01-18-2011, 04:26 PM
ward isnt going anywhere until he get his 1000 receptions, even if we win the sb.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-18-2011, 04:41 PM
if the steelers win and lets be honest they have to be favorites at this point i believe ward, farrior, flozell, batch and aaron smith would retire.

possibily lebeau as well

flo wanted to come here and win...thats it

ward and farrior have already hinted that they would if they got a 3rd ring

That's my thinking as well. The only one that might come back I would say other than Lebeau would be Aaron Smith. I think he's still got football left in him and loves the game enough to try it one more year, staying healthy. I would say it's a given that Farrior and Ward would go if they get a 3rd ring but stranger things have happened.

Scorp
01-18-2011, 08:17 PM
You think the question will come up around Super Bowl time should Steelers go?

Real Deal Steel
01-18-2011, 11:23 PM
Ward will definitely hang'em up. Farrior too.

pimplydan
01-19-2011, 12:15 AM
When Ward goes he takes a part of me , this guy has been that steeler to the bone type of guy . every team would love to have a Ward on there team .

We have been blessed to see him play his entire career in black and gold ,Casey's a classic too (funny looking jumbo guy with the nimble feet)maybe we will see him on dancing with the stars:lol:

Farrior been awesome , never have to look for him he is on the ball carrier (sure tackler)

They were all big parts in the 2 superbowls we won . I love' em to death .

cmerrifield
01-19-2011, 02:34 PM
If Farrior and Ward do retire, we only save about 1.5 million on salary cap room because their bonuses will be accelerated assuming similar CBA. I was hoping for more because I think their replacements are already on the team. WR we have Wallace, Sweed, Sanders, Brown and Sylvester at ILB. I was hoping for more money to sign a free agent OT or DB.