PDA

View Full Version : What players

Aunkster
12-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Anyone know whose contracts are up that may be leving the team?

:dunno:

Steelerlyn
12-28-2006, 09:28 AM
Thank you for the pictures, they are awesome. I didn't know your wife and daughter were going or isn't that your wife and daughter? I had more tickets I kept asking you "do you know of anyone who wants to go with you?"

BTW, your son is adorable! Your entire family looks completely Steeler oriented and really look nice!

Now, what was the question here? :)

Steelx
12-28-2006, 09:29 AM
Bailey, Rodney DE UFA
Brooks, Barrett OT UFA
Brown, Chad LB UFA
Carter, Tyrone S UFA
Davenport, Najeh RB UFA
Harrison, Arnold LB ERFA
Logan, Mike S UFA
Morey, Sean FL UFA
Stanley, Ronald LB ERFA
Starks, Max OT RFA
Warren, Greg LS ERFA
Washington, Nate FL ERFA

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Bailey, Rodney DE UFA
Brooks, Barrett OT UFA
Brown, Chad LB UFA
Carter, Tyrone S UFA
Davenport, Najeh RB UFA
Harrison, Arnold LB ERFA
Logan, Mike S UFA
Morey, Sean FL UFA
Stanley, Ronald LB ERFA
Starks, Max OT RFA
Warren, Greg LS ERFA
Washington, Nate FL ERFA

I could sworn cedric wilson's contract was up after this year as well :scratch:
fortunately we have no major UFA's to deal with this year. It shouldnt be too difficult to resign Najeh, Tryone Carter, and Arnold Harrison. Morey will probably come back, the team would be stupid to not bring him back because of his special teams greatness.

I would look for them to try and sign Starks to a new deal as well. Nate is a big one that I would think they'll give a bit of a raise too and bring back

House of Steel
12-28-2006, 09:36 AM
Starks, Washington, and Davenport needs to stay aboard on our roster.

Harrison is another player I would like to see stay. Logan might go, but it would be wise to keep him as a backup on the depth chart. Sean Morey has got to stay, he was a star on the special teams despite the awful bad season they've had. Stanley, Warren, Bailey, Brooks are goners. Chad Brown as much I wouldn't mind seeing him come back for the Steelers might retire I don't know.

Steelerlyn
12-28-2006, 09:39 AM
The incentives they spent on winning the super bowl are huge. It may come back to bite them, then again maybe it is a good problem to have. Ben himself got $500,00. for winning the Superbowl.

Steelx
12-28-2006, 09:41 AM
The incentives they spent on winning the super bowl are huge. It may come back to bite them, then again maybe it is a good problem to have. Ben himself got $500,00. for winning the Superbowl.

I am not sure how much incentives count towards you salary cap though :dunno:

House of Steel
12-28-2006, 09:42 AM
I thought Cedrick Wilson's contract didn't expire til next season? 4 year deal wasn't it? His play this year totally went to the drain I swear. Holmes, Washington, Ward will be the three starters for sure next season. Reid should slide in at number 4, but damn he better stay healthy for next season and become our next Randle El on the return side of the ball. His injury hurts more than we all thought.

Steelerlyn
12-28-2006, 10:10 AM
I am not sure how much incentives count towards you salary cap though :dunno:

I think they count 100% but I am at work and doi not have time to find out?

steelcurtain09
12-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Incentive Bonuses

Contracts can have incentive bonuses. These come in two important types: "Likely to be earned," and "Not likely to be earned." If you give Payton Manning a $1M bonus for being selected to the Pro Bowl, then this money will be considered "likely to be earned," as Payton is always selected to go to the pro bowl. Such bonus money counts against this year's cap starting right at the start of the year, even though the pro bowl voting isn't until well into the season.

On the other hand, if you had a clause in Payton's contract that gave him a $1M bonus for personally rushing for 10 or more TDs, this would be considered "Not likely to be earned," as Payton simply doesn't take off with the ball much. He rushes for perhaps a couple TDs a year. This money does not count against this year's cap. If you wind up paying this money, it counts against next year's cap. Whether a bonus is likely to be earned or not is decided by league lawyers, not by your team. However, there are rules and guidelines so that it's pretty easy to structure a payment such that it is or is not likely, depending on your need.
http://football.calsci.com/SalaryCap2.html

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2006, 05:14 PM
With Chad Browns bad knee injury he'll likely retire I would think. Arnold Harrison showed alot of upside when he played before he got hurt. Logan is a good ST guy and good vet to have around who would come pretty cheap.

The rooney's have done a good job of locking up most of our key players for a long time. They really need to get Troy locked since he is coming into his last year of his current deal, but other than that we can really focus on the draft with most of our money. I don't know our exact cap situation off the top of my head but we do have a fair amount of money to play with last I checked. If there's one thing the team is good at, it's managing the cap.

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Mike Logan mulling retirement

BlitzburghRockCity
12-29-2006, 05:15 PM
Mike's had a good career and he's gotten to spend most of it in Pittsburgh, atleast his best years. It wouldnt surprise me if he retires, or maybe comes back for 1 more year depending on how the coaching thing turns out.

DIESELMAN
12-29-2006, 07:36 PM
I could sworn cedric wilson's contract was up after this year as well :scratch:

Wilson signed a four-year contract with the Steelers worth $8 million, which includes a $2 million signing bonus. This contract was signed on or around March 8, 2005 as reported by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.