PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Greene

SteelDad
01-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Just throwing this out there to give us one other item to chew on besides the Jets....

With the Godfather being in his 70's, who knows how much longer he'll continue to be DC. Choice is certainly his, he has earned it. With Greene's success in Pittsburgh as a player and his solid coaching of linebackers in Green Bay, is he a fit to one day replace LeBeau? Greene has done an amazing job with not only Clay Matthews, but he has coached up those 'backers big time due to all of their injuries.

Just curious....

harpo
01-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Keith Butler is more than likely LeBeau's replacement. Look at the job Butler has done over the years grooming Steeler LBs. No other LBs coach in the league is better. It's not even close.

SteelJunkie
01-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Ya I would even say its Butler. He even turned down DC positions to stay in this system. I believe he will get the job and continue to run Dick LeBeau's system.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Butler is the odds on favorite when Coach Dad retires. I'd love to have Greene as a full time assistant.

SteelCityKid5
01-17-2011, 04:26 PM
I cross my fingers its Butler.

steeldoc
01-17-2011, 05:30 PM
It's Butler's job..but it was nice to see Greene making an impact as a coach. Did you notice Darren Perry on the sidelines, member of Cowhers first draft who started as a rookie?

SteelDad
01-17-2011, 06:00 PM
It's Butler's job..but it was nice to see Greene making an impact as a coach. Did you notice Darren Perry on the sidelines, member of Cowhers first draft who started as a rookie?

I did. Loved the way Perry played football!

I am in agreement with all you regarding Butler, my only concern is that will he get some offers elsewhere? I'm actually surprised that he hasn't at this point.

Rampage
01-17-2011, 06:09 PM
I did. Loved the way Perry played football!

I am in agreement with all you regarding Butler, my only concern is that will he get some offers elsewhere? I'm actually surprised that he hasn't at this point.

He has received offers from other teams. If I am not mistaken, I believe he was offered the Houston defensive coordinator position.

I definitely think it will be Butler in the Steelers DC role eventually. Hopefully he has absorbed enough from Lebeau and has enough ingenuity of his own to keep this team strong and fresh.

steelchamp204
01-17-2011, 06:29 PM
I would love to sign rod woodson to be the cb;s coach. thatd be nice.

Dee Mca
01-17-2011, 07:40 PM
I thought Butler was already told the job was his when pop's decided he was done.

nuclearchihuahuas
01-17-2011, 08:51 PM
Butler is the odds on favorite when Coach Dad retires. I'd love to have Greene as a full time assistant.

This!:yellowthumb:

Scorp
01-17-2011, 10:54 PM
I thought Butler was already told the job was his when pop's decided he was done.

Maybe it's all been decided and we just don't know about it. :thinking:

Phenomenal TJ
01-18-2011, 05:59 AM
Yeah, it's Butler's job, but maybe Greene would want to be OUR LB coach. ;)

greg1964
01-18-2011, 08:57 AM
It's Butlers job when D.L. calls it quits, (in ten years) But I would love for Kevin Green to then become our LB coach.