PDA

View Full Version : Eerie similarities

TEEMONT
01-17-2011, 01:15 PM
between this incarnation of the Jets and the '05 Steelers.

2nd year 1st rd QB who is expected to not lose games (but has had a solid playoffs so far)

old RB sharing time with a young guy in the backfield....

Randle El-type player in Brad Smith....

a linebacker who runs his mouth non-stop....

6 seed on the road to everyone....

coldrolled
01-17-2011, 01:19 PM
We just blitz blitz and blitz some more....

sanchez will be shaking..... we shut down the run and blitz some more.

steeldoc
01-17-2011, 01:51 PM
This will be closer than we think. Although raw, Sanchez has the ability to make plays, and Schottenheimer has been calling good games for him. Their D is good, very good, and better disciplined than the Ravens D. The Steelers could lose this one if they play flat. Hopefully, they explode, and it's over early, with Sanchez battered and bruised. :cope:

coldrolled
01-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Schottenheimer has been calling good games for him

Funny, all weekend you here about all the great play calls by the OC's....

I can't recall any hype for arians this weekend or during the regular season games...

hopefully we are not resigning him.... you would think some team would be shopping him since he has been in AFCC and a Superbowl.

mwittman5
01-17-2011, 02:00 PM
the Jets may have gave away their gameplan on D because they said they tried something new disguising their coverages, not blitzing, and having the corners solo on the sides.

SteelDad
01-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Funny, all weekend you here about all the great play calls by the OC's....

I can't recall any hype for arians this weekend or during the regular season games...

hopefully we are not resigning him.... you would think some team would be shopping him since he has been in AFCC and a Superbowl.

The next game (or two) will go a long way in determining the fate of one Mr. Bruce Arians.

K Train
01-17-2011, 02:34 PM
eerie similarities between the 2010 steelers and the 2008 steelers too

LatrobePA
01-17-2011, 02:54 PM

2nd year 1st rd QB who is expected to not lose games (but has had a solid playoffs so far)

I was thinking the same thing. I can also hear Troy saying "wouldn't it be a great story" from America's game...

But that won't happen!!

Goodfrom55
01-17-2011, 03:56 PM
In order the the Jets to beat the Steelers - AGAIN, they will have to play a perfect game - AGAIN. I just don't see it happening. Not going to be a pushover game, but as long as the Steelers don't beat themselves, they win.

jetsknicks1
01-17-2011, 04:33 PM

That's a good point, this Jets team is alot like the Steelers team of '05. I think the biggest similarity is between Ben & Mark. They both like to get out of the pocket and that's where they seem to play at their best.
I really hope the Brad Smith can go next Sunday, he's a big part of both our offense & ST.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-17-2011, 07:54 PM
eerie similarities between the 2010 steelers and the 2008 steelers too

There is a ton of similarities between 2008 and 2010 its crazy....But teemont makes a great point to.......Just more to think about...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2011, 08:25 PM
As if there isn't enough to think about for this game already. You don't get a chance for the Super Bowl every year, it's do or die. The Jets are going to be super tough, they will pull out all the stops. We will be ready too, if there any team that is battle tested from this year, it's us.