PDA

View Full Version : Is this Mike Tomlin's team?

TheFizzman
01-17-2011, 12:48 PM
I have said since we got in the playoffs but MT deserves to be Coach of the year for all the off field issues with number 7 and able to enforce a winning atmosphere during that 4 game situation. Now we are in the AFC Championship game. Can we agree now that this Mike Tomlin's team? He may not be as loud mouth and jaw jerking on the sideline as Cowher, but i like his style and it seems to be successful . Reminds me of my soccer coach from high school who always told us he was not there to motivate us cause if we were not motivated from within before the game, then we had already lost the game. I feel like he is there to keep the lid on the team and let his defensive supermind in Lebeau and assclown run the same reverse option play Arians do their thing.

:cope:

LarryNJ
01-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Actually it's Rooney's team. But Mike has run it for 4 years now and has been very successful.

SteelDad
01-17-2011, 12:57 PM
This is indeed Tomlin's team which could be a good thing or a negative thing. I thought he took a great approach being down at half Saturday night, but there have been other times this season involving clock manangement especially that has left a lot to be desired. The other negative 'could' be Bruce Arians. There are many of us that would like to show him the door, but if we go on to #7 it'll be a tough sell. If we don't, I think it's time to part ways and this is ultmiately going to fall on Tomlin. So ya, this is his team, but I think this week will go a long way towards determining just how much of this team he really has.

--- Added 1/17/2011 at 10:57 AM ---

Actually it's Rooney's team. But Mike has run it for 4 years now and has been very successful.

For some reason, every time you post, I get really thirsty for a blonde.....:yesnod:

LarryNJ
01-17-2011, 01:00 PM
So ya, this is his team, but I think this week will go a long way towards determining just how much of this team he really has.

It's all about 2 more W's! He can be great if he gets them or he can just be known as another Cowher, Reid, Schottenheimer, ect.

SteelDad
01-17-2011, 01:24 PM
It's all about 2 more W's! He can be great if he gets them or he can just be known as another Cowher, Reid, Schottenheimer, ect.

Would have to agree....

andyg1984
01-17-2011, 01:26 PM
i don't mean to start this, but it is not all his team by any means.. he needs more time to add some of his own guys

steeldoc
01-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Common, this is Tomlin's team. Do you see Steelers throwing each under the bus as the Ravens do in the press regularly here in Baltimore? No way. His best qualities is that his ego is in check, and he feels no need to fill us all in on what's happening on a daily basis. He benches, and rotates as he wants, and could care less how we feel about it. He's the coach, is clearly not in a popularity contest, and has the respect of his team.

SteelCityKid5
01-17-2011, 02:36 PM
In years... 3 AFC North titles...2 AFC champ games.... 1 SB (so far)

Pouncey, Timmons, Woodley, Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Redman, Mendenhall, Suisham, Sepulveda, starting James Harrison at OLB... and he needs to add more impact players? This is Tomlins team no matter who came before him... I still stand by this guy.. It took him 2 years to do what Cowher did in 15

LatrobePA
01-17-2011, 02:37 PM

Pouncey, Timmons, Woodley, Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Redman, Mendenhall, Suisham, Sepulveda, starting James Harrison at OLB... yep youre right this is by no means Tomlins team............

:cope::tt02::cope:

HELL YEA! Have some of that!!!

LarryNJ
01-17-2011, 02:42 PM

Pouncey, Timmons, Woodley, Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Redman, Mendenhall, Suisham, Sepulveda, starting James Harrison at OLB... and he needs to add more impact players? This is Tomlins team no matter who came before him... I still stand by this guy.. It took him 2 years to do what Cowher did in 15

:cope::tt02::cope:

HELL YEA! Have some of that!!!
:plus1::plus1::plus1:

Root4Stlrs
01-17-2011, 02:43 PM

:plus1:

steelersbabex25
01-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Once he fires BA we'll talk :stirpot:

SteelCityKid5
01-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Once he fires BA we'll talk :stirpot:

You do realize that since we made it this far again with BA that thats a bigger pipe dream than it already was?

steelersbabex25
01-17-2011, 02:53 PM
You do realize that since we made it this far again with BA that thats a bigger pipe dream than it already was?

I do. That's why I said "once he fires BA we'll talk"

SteelJunkie
01-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Well that might be out of his hands if the Rooney's don't re-sign him.

LatrobePA
01-17-2011, 05:32 PM
BA will be back...

Rampage
01-17-2011, 05:56 PM
At the beginning of the game versus the Ravens I would not have said this was his team. The only thing I could think of was yet another deer caught in the headlights game for this offense, just like when they play the Patriots. The defense was doing the job, but the offense was not. That changed at halftime, talk about a tale of two halves. The defense came out mean (Harrison and Clark played some hard football) and the offense began to capitalize. What could have been a complete disaster ended up becoming one of the better comebacks this team has had in recent history. I tell you what, to have been a fly on the wall during that halftime speech would have been interesting.

coldrolled
01-17-2011, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=LatrobePA;401579]BA will be back...[/QUOTE

The Cowboys signed the Browns DC Ryan

The Dolphins signed the Browns OC Daboll

Why wouldnt they want Arians? A Winner... No Contract.. Hes ready to travel with no extra financial burdens...

CoachC
01-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Mikey T is a tremendous Coach! I love the guy! This is his team and they love to play for him! He's a winner!

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-17-2011, 08:28 PM
tomlin is real and definitely has cred in da burgh and through out the nation. i feel it is all his baby now. he is a methods coach not a reactionary like that ******* ryan. personally it makes for some real heart stopping football watchin. like nothin i seen before.