PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan and his trash talk

LatrobePA
01-17-2011, 10:55 AM
"We won't lose this game, we lost the championship game last year and it won't happen again this year"

steelersbabex25
01-17-2011, 10:58 AM
We'll just have to see what he's saying at 10:00 Sunday night..

LatrobePA
01-17-2011, 11:02 AM
I hope like hell we shut this fatass up! It's been too much talking, but they've backed it up.

NE was their SB and I can see a let down!!

steelersbabex25
01-17-2011, 11:06 AM
I hope they keep talking. You know our guys (minus Hines Ward) like to just sit back and listen to what they say. Keep adding fuel to the fire. I bet they'll regret it just like the Ravens do now.

steelchamp204
01-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Ryan isnt gonna beat us twice this year guys, we have troy this game and sanchez will choke in this big game, he wasnt to impressive lastnight.

franchise3
01-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Ryan isnt gonna beat us twice this year guys, we have troy this game and sanchez will choke in this big game, he wasnt to impressive lastnight.

He was more impressive than Troy the night before.

LatrobePA
01-17-2011, 11:13 AM

LOL, very true! Heath being back for this one will be huge. Troy normally don't have back to back **** games. But keep in mind they used him mainly as a safety against the Rats (a non-tackling one)...

steelchamp204
01-17-2011, 11:15 AM

If you think troy is going to have a second week **** game then your crazy, I think troy will be more of a safety in this game two helping over the top which I dont really care if he does. I think we will get pressure with 4 guys to 5 and thats all we need, if Hood can do what he didn lastweek we will be ok. And another thing is about the game against the ravens. We didnt really rush pass Flacco giving him an opportunity to run at all.

SteelDad
01-17-2011, 11:47 AM
My guess is that statement is already posted in each locker at Heinz Field....

Troy takes things very personally when it comes to his play. I too have a hard time seeing him miss tackles like he did against the Rats.

Scorp
01-17-2011, 12:10 PM
How would you feel if the Jets do beat us? But we won't know that til Sunday night.

lloydfan4life
01-17-2011, 12:13 PM
The Steelers WILL NOT lose to the Jets twice in the same season. :markit:

Keep on :blah: :blah: :blah: Rex.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2011, 12:15 PM
He wasted no time in trash talking, not even 24 hours after the game yesterday. Let him talk, it's all he does. Playing in Pittsburgh in the post season ain't no easy task. Playing the regular season is one thing, playing for the Super Bowl, that's something else.

I can't stand Rex Ryan, he's such a douchebag. He talks as much as his players. Get over yourself man.

Scorp
01-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Steelers have way too much experience in the playoffs than the jets and know what's at stake. But i know, sometimes you can still get beat. Steelers won't get beat cause they want to cement their legacy and the jets are in their way to going to dallas. We'll see another defeated, humble rex afer the game.

TEEMONT
01-17-2011, 12:31 PM
wasnt ryan the DC for Balty when they last the AFCCG here two years ago?

jetsknicks1
01-17-2011, 12:54 PM
He wasted no time in trash talking, not even 24 hours after the game yesterday. Let him talk, it's all he does. Playing in Pittsburgh in the post season ain't no easy task. Playing the regular season is one thing, playing for the Super Bowl, that's something else.

I can't stand Rex Ryan, he's such a douchebag. He talks as much as his players. Get over yourself man.

He clearly does more than just talk, he's also a very good football coach. You're right, playing in Pittsburgh in the post season is no easy task, neither is playing in Indy & New England.

This will be yet another tough road game for the Jets but they are playing at a very high level right now & have a ton of confidence.

TEEMONT
01-17-2011, 01:12 PM
He clearly does more than just talk, he's also a very good football coach. You're right, playing in Pittsburgh in the post season is no easy task, neither is playing in Indy & New England.

This will be yet another tough road game for the Jets but they are playing at a very high level right now & have a ton of confidence.

Playin Pittsburgh after New England in the playoffs, for the Jets anyways, is like trying to get ur dick back up to **** soem avergae chick after you just nailed Brooklyn Decker 5 minutes ago.....

the jets blew their wad last night, I anticipate a good game, but the Steelers will end up winning by 10 or so.

LarryNJ
01-17-2011, 01:16 PM
You're right, playing in Pittsburgh in the post season is no easy task, neither is playing in Indy

hahahahaha..everyone wins in Indy in the playoffs.. except the Colts

steelersbabex25
01-17-2011, 01:23 PM

Here's what I don't get. If you're so positive that the Jets are going to win, then why do you need to talk about it every second of everyday? Get out there and show it on the field. No need to **** talk. What does that do? Adds fuel to the fire for the other team and makes you look like an idiot when you lose.

steelchamp204
01-17-2011, 01:28 PM
We are not losing to the jets, im telling you.

LatrobePA
01-17-2011, 01:28 PM
I hope we quietly go through the week, no barking. When Farrior said J E T S jets jets jets, I thought oh **** here we go!!

nuclearchihuahuas
01-17-2011, 01:31 PM
I hope we quietly go through the week, no barking. When Farrior said J E T S jets jets jets, I thought oh **** here we go!!

I'm with you, I hope the entire team has the where-with-all to hold their tongues until game time and then let it all out at once

75Steeler
01-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Let Ryan or anyone else talk smack. Thats what pumps up everyone for the game. The Steelers will win Sunday. Ben has much more experience in playoff and championship games than "Dirty Sanchez" :cope:

SteelCityKid5
01-17-2011, 01:40 PM
"Talk is just that, it's talk." - Mike Tomlin

Root4Stlrs
01-17-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm with you, I hope the entire team has the where-with-all to hold their tongues until game time and then let it all out at once

He wasn't trash talking. He just wanted to play at Heinz Field - that's why he made the comment, and it was pretty clear that was the reason. I heard Ryan Clark giving him grief during the week before the game. Clark said, if they beat Baltimore, it didn't matter to him who they played. Then he said James likes to play at home because the "old man" doesn't like to fly. Farrior also sent a Tweet to his followers before the game asking them to make most noise ever (he said something about his Tweet before the game and they showed on the Jumbotron) and then sent a Tweet afterward to Steeler Nation with a big thank you for being so great on Saturday night.

jetsknicks1
01-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Here's what I don't get. If you're so positive that the Jets are going to win, then why do you need to talk about it every second of everyday? Get out there and show it on the field. No need to **** talk. What does that do? Adds fuel to the fire for the other team and makes you look like an idiot when you lose.

That's just who they are. They're a very confident team and they truly believe that they can beat any team at any time. And they do get out there and show it on the field.

steelersbabex25
01-17-2011, 01:46 PM
That's just who they are. They're a very confident team and they truly believe that they can beat any team at any time. And they do get out there and show it on the field.

Listen, it's all fine and dandy that they beat the Colts and the Pats in back-to-back games. I'm not gonna lie, that's actually pretty impressive. But it's an entirely different story when you have to play the #1 defense in the league in their house. I would not be overly confident if I were the Jets.

LatrobePA
01-17-2011, 01:48 PM

You're right the Jets backed it up for two weeks now, the rest of the season they've been hit or miss, winning close games to **** teams...

We'll see, no doubt it'll be a good one. But Jets fan or not Ryan is a loud mouth fatass which needs to be MUTED!!

nuclearchihuahuas
01-17-2011, 01:52 PM

Just not our style, that's why its annoying. Let them talk, and come game time we will see if it helped or not.

--- Added 1/17/2011 at 12:52 PM ---

You're right the Jets backed it up for two weeks now, the rest of the season they've been hit or miss, winning close games to **** teams...

We'll see, no doubt it'll be a good one. But Jets fan or not Ryan is a loud mouth fatass which needs to be MUTED!!

While I agree in principle, Rex is loud and should be muted...I do have to admit he gave respect and credit to both the Colts and the Pats in his interview immediately following the game. He did not have to do that; he could have stood up there and blustered some more. Maybe Rex has reached the realization that he did step over the "class" line with the last two games and has decided to "toe" that line with what is likely to be his last game of the season.

LatrobePA
01-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Had the Pats or Colts beat them, you can bet his tone would of been much diffrent...

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2011, 02:35 PM
remember everyone, keep this thread kosher. It can get heated pretty quick given the circumstances. :redcool:

Holy crap Teemont, long time no see dude!!!

Goodfrom55
01-17-2011, 02:41 PM
NE was their SB and I can see a let down!!

Agree 100%. Jets played a perfect game vs Steelers last time and I can't see them doing that again coming off their "perfect" game against the Pats.

As long as the Steelers stay focused AND HUNGRY, the only team that can beat the Steelers is themselves.

jetsknicks1
01-17-2011, 03:11 PM

We won a close game against you guys.

steelersbabex25
01-17-2011, 03:16 PM

Is that all the evidence you need to support the fact that the Jets are going to win this game? I'm sorry, but this game is going to be completely different. Our defense is playing better, our young receivers have started to step up, and we have 2 of our most important players in the game that weren't playing back in December. I'm not being a homer here. I know I was not too sure that the Steelers would be able to take care of business against the Rats, but I'm feeling a whole lot better about the Jets.

jetsknicks1
01-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Just not our style, that's why its annoying. Let them talk, and come game time we will see if it helped or not.

--- Added 1/17/2011 at 12:52 PM ---

While I agree in principle, Rex is loud and should be muted...I do have to admit he gave respect and credit to both the Colts and the Pats in his interview immediately following the game. He did not have to do that; he could have stood up there and blustered some more. Maybe Rex has reached the realization that he did step over the "class" line with the last two games and has decided to "toe" that line with what is likely to be his last game of the season.

Do I sometimes wish that Rex would tone it down a bit? Yes, but he has always given other teams their due respect. Rex's talk surrounds his team & his confidence in them.
I get why it's annoying but this is a good football team.

LatrobePA
01-17-2011, 03:19 PM

Yes sir you did, congrats on the regular season victory minus two Steelers pro bowl starters...

Like I said it'll be a good game, but in the end only one team is going to the SB...:tt02:

chicagosteeler
01-17-2011, 03:23 PM
"We won't lose this game, we lost the championship game last year and it won't happen again this year"

Oh well, I guess we don't need to watch the game... I can catch up on my Office re-runs.

jetsknicks1
01-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Is that all the evidence you need to support the fact that the Jets are going to win this game? I'm sorry, but this game is going to be completely different. Our defense is playing better, our young receivers have started to step up, and we have 2 of our most important players in the game that weren't playing back in December. I'm not being a homer here. I know I was not too sure that the Steelers would be able to take care of business against the Rats, but I'm feeling a whole lot better about the Jets.

Not at all, I was mearly responding to a comment about the Jets winning close games against "****" teams, nor do I predict a win on Sunday (I never make predictions).
I'm not sure how different this game will be from the last, I'm expecting another tough, close, hard fought contest.

steelersbabex25
01-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Not at all, I was mearly responding to a comment about the Jets winning close games against "****" teams, nor do I predict a win on Sunday (I never make predictions).
I'm not sure how different this game will be from the last, I'm expecting another tough, close, hard fought contest.

Okay, okay, I got you. Still, if I were a Jets fan, I'd want Rex Ryan and Bart Scott to keep their mouths shut this time around. The Steelers aren't one to look past the trash talk. They'll listen to what's been said and use it on the field (like the Waterboy :grin1:) Although I know you'll keep insisting it gets the Jets fired up, and I'll keep insisting that it makes Rex Ryan look like an idiot.

jetsknicks1
01-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Okay, okay, I got you. Still, if I were a Jets fan, I'd want Rex Ryan and Bart Scott to keep their mouths shut this time around. The Steelers aren't one to look past the trash talk. They'll listen to what's been said and use it on the field (like the Waterboy :grin1:) Although I know you'll keep insisting it gets the Jets fired up, and I'll keep insisting that it makes Rex Ryan look like an idiot.

Yea, we're just not gonna agree on that. I don't think any teams really looks past the talk but I also don't think it plays much of a role on gameday.

TEEMONT
01-17-2011, 04:06 PM
remember everyone, keep this thread kosher. It can get heated pretty quick given the circumstances. :redcool:

Holy crap Teemont, long time no see dude!!!

yeah...lol...its been a busy year or so...

--- Added 1/17/2011 at 03:06 PM ---

and th epats blew you outta the water a few weeks ago....ur point?

franchise3
01-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Playin Pittsburgh after New England in the playoffs, for the Jets anyways, is like trying to get ur dick back up to **** soem avergae chick after you just nailed Brooklyn Decker 5 minutes ago.....

You didn't just call Steelers 'some average chick', did you?

Clevelandsux
01-17-2011, 05:04 PM
I wouldn't mind sending this big fat baffoon home with a loss. F-him. His dad was a jackass too. I wanna see bigfat Rex crying on his way to the foot buffett.

MattyVfromCT
01-17-2011, 05:04 PM

the jets blew their wad last night, I anticipate a good game, but the Steelers will end up winning by 10 or so.

LMFAO!

TEEMONT
01-17-2011, 05:06 PM
You didn't just call Steelers 'some average chick', did you?

in that metaphor...yes...I did.

The Steelers arent sexy like the Pats...ask the media...the Jets went all in this week...

franchise3
01-17-2011, 05:08 PM

Perhaps it makes you look like an idiot although he would then find an excuse for why they lost to soften it. BUT now that they have won two away games after trash talking everyone is praising him and making him look like the greatest coach of all time. That, along with 'that's who the Jets are', is the reason why Ryan does it.

jetsknicks1
01-17-2011, 09:21 PM
I wouldn't mind sending this big fat baffoon home with a loss. F-him. His dad was a jackass too. I wanna see bigfat Rex crying on his way to the foot buffett.

Baffoon? This is what kills me about other fan's opinions of Rex.
2nd year HC
2nd yr QB
Back to back winning seasons
Back to back playoff seasons
2 AFCCG apearences
24-13 record
.640 winning %

Don't let his talk cloud your judgement to the fact that he is a good coach.

--- Added 1/17/2011 at 08:21 PM ---

Perhaps it makes you look like an idiot although he would then find an excuse for why they lost to soften it. BUT now that they have won two away games after trash talking everyone is praising him and making him look like the greatest coach of all time. That, along with 'that's who the Jets are', is the reason why Ryan does it.

Rex does not make excuses when the Jets lose. Never has, never will.

DIESELMAN
01-18-2011, 07:57 AM
I have no problem with Ryan talking ****, at least so far he has backed it up. I'd rather hear **** talkin then see a lot of these stupid TD celebrations, aka Ochostinko, especially the putting on the HOF gold jacket, like he will ever go there. Also loved it when Cromartie called Brady an ******* LMFAO!!!

steelersbabex25
01-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Also loved it when Cromartie called Brady an ******* LMFAO!!!

That's not talking ****, Brady is actually an ******* :hehheh:

DIESELMAN
01-18-2011, 11:25 AM
That's not talking ****, Brady is actually an ******* :hehheh:

:yellowthumb: yeah no doubt!!

Roscoe
01-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Sh*t talk is great when you win, bad when you don't. One thing is for sure, Rex is a bufoon. Showing off your wife's vag and feet on the internet and wanting to watch her get wrecked by multiple men makes him a bufoon.

Steelers will win. The Jets won their Superbowl last Sunday.

steelersbabex25
01-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Sh*t talk is great when you win, bad when you don't. One thing is for sure, Rex is a bufoon. Showing off your wife's vag and feet on the internet and wanting to watch her get wrecked by multiple men makes him a bufoon.

Steelers will win. The Jets won their Superbowl last Sunday.

I hate the Patriots and their fans but I'm really starting to like you. :lol:

steelers4life66
01-18-2011, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsknicks1 http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?p=401539#post401539)

and the pats blew you outta the water a few weeks ago....ur point? _

:lol:

--- Added 1/18/2011 at 11:07 AM ---

I hate the Patriots and their fans but I'm really starting to like you. :lol:

I'll second that. :yellowthumb:

Moondog
01-18-2011, 12:40 PM
I don't mind Rex, that's just him, and he is a good defensive minded coach. Both defenses are good in this game but I think it will come down to the quarterback play and I feel a lot more comfortable with Ben. I have a feeling that Sanchez is going to have that "deer in the headlight look" when it's all over. Ben will get pressured, he'll get harassed, but let's face it...Ben is clutch. Sanchez will be forced to win the game and my money is on him wilting. Oh yeah, I think it's an advantage that the Steelers lost their regular season game against the Jets, it will keep them sharp and focused.

jetsknicks1
01-18-2011, 01:17 PM
I don't mind Rex, that's just him, and he is a good defensive minded coach. Both defenses are good in this game but I think it will come down to the quarterback play and I feel a lot more comfortable with Ben. I have a feeling that Sanchez is going to have that "deer in the headlight look" when it's all over. Ben will get pressured, he'll get harassed, but let's face it...Ben is clutch. Sanchez will be forced to win the game and my money is on him wilting. Oh yeah, I think it's an advantage that the Steelers lost their regular season game against the Jets, it will keep them sharp and focused.

I'm in no way comparing Mark to Ben but if you think he can't bring his team back in the 4th qtr then you haven't been watching him. He played well/brought his team back in the 4th qtr against Detroit, Cleveland, Huston & Pittsburgh. In the palyoffs he played very well at the end against both the Colts & the Patriots.
Mark is 4-1 in the playoffs in his very short career with all 5 games coming on the road. He's a young kid who still has a ways to go but I think you underestimate him.

JensK
01-18-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm in no way comparing Mark to Ben but if you think he can't bring his team back in the 4th qtr then you haven't been watching him. He played well/brought his team back in the 4th qtr against Detroit, Cleveland, Huston & Pittsburgh. In the palyoffs he played very well at the end against both the Colts & the Patriots.
Mark is 4-1 in the playoffs in his very short career with all 5 games coming on the road. He's a young kid who still has a ways to go but I think you underestimate him.

Mark Sanchez had the lowest completion percentage of ALL AFC QBs this year. As I've said somewhere else, I believe Sanchez can be good in a few years, but he just don't have what it takes to win a ballgame like Big Ben can. Not yet. He is just not accurate or mentally resistant enough yet. :imho:

steelersbabex25
01-18-2011, 01:55 PM

You know, a similiarity between the Lions, Browns, and Texans is that they all have a pretty horrible defense. The Colts and Pats also have defenses in the bottom half of the league. If Sanchez can do what he's done against a #1 defense, then I'll be impressed.

franchise3
01-18-2011, 02:58 PM
What does everyone think of this comment

Ryan said his respect for Tomlin stems from the 2007 season when the Steelers manhandled Baltimore, 38-7. In that game, Ryan said, Steelers fullback Carey Davis(notes) was talking trash with then-Ravens (and now Jets) linebacker Bart Scott. Tomlin heard it and sent Davis back into the game and ran an isolation play for him, setting up a physical, one-on-one confrontation with Scott.
“On the next play, Bart separated the kid’s shoulder,” Ryan said. “That’s one of my favorite stories.

“It told me a lot about Mike Tomlin, like, ‘You know what? OK, you’re running your mouth, go get him them.’ He’s kind of that kind of guy. He’s a man’s man and his team plays like that.”

Do you believe in this story? If so, how do you feel about MT's actions?

I just talked to one other Steelers fan who said that he doesn't think it is true but if it were that this is unaccpetable by our coach to put our player in harm's way knowing that he may get hit on purpose. I happen to share the opinion and I think it is true as I can see Tomlin doing something like this, not necessarily thinking that such tough injury may occur but still not being responsible for his position.

JensK
01-18-2011, 04:06 PM
I like it. Obviously, MT did not wish for Carey Davis to seperate his shoulder, but if you want to trashtalk you better damn back it up.

jetsknicks1
01-18-2011, 04:12 PM
You know, a similiarity between the Lions, Browns, and Texans is that they all have a pretty horrible defense. The Colts and Pats also have defenses in the bottom half of the league. If Sanchez can do what he's done against a #1 defense, then I'll be impressed.

That's true, but that same agrgument can be applied to your defense (which I do believe to be very good). 11 of your 16 games were played against teams that are in the bottom half of total offense (below #16) and 6 of those were against teams that ranked in the bottom 1/3 in the NFL.
My only point being that, what truly matters is whether or not a team's offense/defense can step up at the end of the game when they're needed the most, and I think that your D & our QB have shown that they can.

steelersbabex25
01-18-2011, 04:19 PM
That's true, but that same agrgument can be applied to your defense (which I do believe to be very good). 11 of your 16 games were played against teams that are in the bottom half of total offense (below #16) and 6 of those were against teams that ranked in the bottom 1/3 in the NFL.

Oh I know that. The difference is that I'm not claiming that they've consistantly been shutting out the Patriots and the Saints and the Packers. They haven't. I realize that. They've played a few weak teams this year. But they've also taken down teams with high powered offenses and teams with quarterbacks that are way better and way more experienced than Mark Sanchez.

bobbybelliv
01-19-2011, 01:00 AM
If you dazzle em with brilliance, baffle em with bull$hit, right Rex?

jetstream
01-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Sanchez' 123.07 QB rating wasnt impressive ?

--- Added 1/19/2011 at 10:24 AM ---

Let Ryan or anyone else talk smack. Thats what pumps up everyone for the game. The Steelers will win Sunday. Ben has much more experience in playoff and championship games than "Dirty Sanchez" :cope:

so did manning and brady

--- Added 1/19/2011 at 10:28 AM ---

thats pretty original.....a fat joke and a foot joke....wow

JensK
01-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Sanchez' 123.07 QB rating wasnt impressive ?

--- Added 1/19/2011 at 10:24 AM ---

so did manning and brady

--- Added 1/19/2011 at 10:28 AM ---

thats pretty original.....a fat joke and a foot joke....wow

1. Sanchez will have to have more than one good game to convince me that he is the real deal. As said before, Sanchez have sucked badly this year and even a hardcore Jets fan have to admit that.

2. Manning always suck in POs. Brady have sucked as well the last couple of years.

3. I agree, those jokes are quite tasteless, but you are writing on our forum :) I've been browsing ganggreen, and this place is a church compared to what they are calling Big Ben over there..

NHStlrfan
01-19-2011, 12:00 PM
3. I agree, those jokes are quite tasteless, but you are writing on our forum :) I've been browsing ganggreen, and this place is a church compared to what they are calling Big Ben over there..

Its easy to have class when you're a Steelers fan. It's also a lot easier when you've won in recent memory. Most likely there are less than 5% of those on the Jets sites who were alive when Joe Namath, a Pittsburgh area native, brought a title to NYC. Enjoy that mere fact that we are Steelers fans and Pittsburghers!

jetstream
01-19-2011, 12:01 PM
1. Sanchez will have to have more than one good game to convince me that he is the real deal. As said before, Sanchez have sucked badly this year and even a hardcore Jets fan have to admit that.

2. Manning always suck in POs. Brady have sucked as well the last couple of years.

As Jet fans...we go through this all the time. Many opposing fans go to Ganggreen and Jetinsider. Those are awful forums being run by tools. If you want some good intelligent football talk (of courese there are some homers)...go to the forum at nyjets.com

jetsknicks1
01-19-2011, 12:05 PM

I agree with what you say about gangreen. I don't go there because it's all stupid crap. I belong to the official Jet's forum at nyjets.com

I disagree with your thought that Sanchez has sucked this year. He's still a very young 2nd year QB who has progressed nicely from last season. His completion% needs to get better but he's thrown for more yards, more TDs & fewer picks than last season.

NHStlrfan
01-19-2011, 12:09 PM
I agree with what you say about gangreen. I don't go there because it's all stupid crap. I belong to the official Jet's forum at nyjets.com

I disagree with your thought that Sanchez has sucked this year. He's still a very young 2nd year QB who has progressed nicely from last season. His completion% needs to get better but he's thrown for more yards, more TDs & fewer picks than last season.

All true but he's not attained the level of take the team on your back and win it all yet. In Ben's first SB he was overwhelmed. It was a superior team that won that game and wasn't a case of a QB taking it on. In SB XLIII the MVP could have easily been Ben if not for Holmes making the catch. If that's Miller or Ward in the corner Ben is MVP. Mark may get there but he's still a work in progress.

JensK
01-19-2011, 12:20 PM

As you said, he don't complete enough passes which equals bad in my book. I guess it was a little harsh to state that he sucked, because I know he is only in his second year, and I've said somewhere else that I believe Sanchez have the tools to be a great QB with time, but he is not going to have a 127 passerrating game against Steelers.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Sanchez was impressive vs the Pats and his numbers overall are better in his post-season career.....I'm one of the biggest Sanchez haters around....lol But I give credit were credit is due....

But I heard that Sanchez only has completed around 4 passes longer then 9 yards in the play-offs......Is that right?.........If a team stops the Jets running game then Sanchez is cooked.........Jets did have success running the ball against the Steelers the last time but the Steelers D is a very proud unit...I wouldn't expect that type of success again this time around.....

StlersGuy
01-19-2011, 02:34 PM
http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/images/smilies/jetssuck.gif

jetsknicks1
01-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Sanchez was impressive vs the Pats and his numbers overall are better in his post-season career.....I'm one of the biggest Sanchez haters around....lol But I give credit were credit is due....

But I heard that Sanchez only has completed around 4 passes longer then 9 yards in the play-offs......Is that right?.........If a team stops the Jets running game then Sanchez is cooked.........Jets did have success running the ball against the Steelers the last time but the Steelers D is a very proud unit...I wouldn't expect that type of success again this time around.....

The 9 yard thing isn't entirely true but you're correct that he hasn't gone down field much. The battle at the LOS should be a good one. Your Dl doesn't want to give up 100yds to us again and our OL is also a proud group that expects to be able to run the ball whenever they want.

mwittman5
01-19-2011, 03:45 PM
just behind closed doors.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/ryan_uses_afc_trophy_to_motivate_2Gaptzy3e4oqqOsmM qGtjI

Jets coach Rex Ryan reached back Wednesday for the Super Bowl of motivational ploys.

"He put up a big picture of the AFC (Championship) trophy, he said, 'Guys, we're gonna do this, we're gonna win this, and this trophy's gonna be here forever,'" Matt Slauson said. "When you come back and bring your kids here, you'll be able to show them that, and say, 'I won that.'"

The auditorium caught fire.

"Oh, everybody was stoked," Slauson said. "And he also said, 'Next week, we come in, we'll be fitted for AFC rings, it'll be awesome,' and everybody was just stoked."

StlersGuy
01-19-2011, 03:49 PM
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7345/94965255.jpg

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

jetsknicks1
01-19-2011, 03:53 PM
just behind closed doors.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/ryan_uses_afc_trophy_to_motivate_2Gaptzy3e4oqqOsmM qGtjI

Jets coach Rex Ryan reached back Wednesday for the Super Bowl of motivational ploys.

"He put up a big picture of the AFC (Championship) trophy, he said, 'Guys, we're gonna do this, we're gonna win this, and this trophy's gonna be here forever,'" Matt Slauson said. "When you come back and bring your kids here, you'll be able to show them that, and say, 'I won that.'"

The auditorium caught fire.

"Oh, everybody was stoked," Slauson said. "And he also said, 'Next week, we come in, we'll be fitted for AFC rings, it'll be awesome,' and everybody was just stoked."

My God! Not confidence in his team? Not showing his team what they're playing for on Sunday?

This is a non story.

Goodfrom55
01-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Let em talk, who gives a rip? In the mean time, the Steelers will keep going about their business.

NHStlrfan
01-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Jets reserved parking

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/148/jetsparkingatprobowl.jpg

See you in Honolulu Rex! You look good coaching the AFC in the Pro Bowl. That job fits you just right!

LarryNJ
01-19-2011, 04:32 PM
3. I agree, those jokes are quite tasteless, but you are writing on our forum :)

:yellowthumb: We are fans and if we want to make jokes about feet or being fat, say they suck, say many of their fans are annoying as hell (which is true), ect ect...who gives a ****? This is our forum to do this. Hell if it was up to us they would have played this game Monday night and we would have moved onto talking about the SB or changes in the off season.

BTW: F that fat big mouth toe sucking ******* and all the fans from that **** hole city! :yesnod: Although I regularly have lots of fun there! ;)

Go 'Lers
01-19-2011, 04:54 PM
My God! Not confidence in his team? Not showing his team what they're playing for on Sunday?

This is a non story.
It's a story if we choose to put it on our board.

Disagree? Take it up with the complaint department ----> http://www.theganggreen.com/

jetsknicks1
01-19-2011, 05:00 PM
It's a story if we choose to put it on our board.

Disagree? Take it up with the complaint department ----> http://www.theganggreen.com/

Your board? Shoot, I have more posts than you.

Go 'Lers
01-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Your trophy is in the mail :hehheh:

I'm just messing with you

Even though others have broached this subject before, you are in a Steelers forum but more power to you. Dissenting opinion is welcome I supposed.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-19-2011, 08:02 PM

I believe the quote was "our" board, so why not trash talk alittle bit.

Rex Ryan is a loud mouthed arrogant ***, that's how he motivates his team. If that's how he wants to handle it, so be it. Personally I think he's a moron, but they have trashed talked twice against the Colts and Pats and won both games. Credit them for that feat. It will end here, you can count on that but it's going to be a great game.

jetsknicks1
01-19-2011, 08:33 PM
I believe the quote was "our" board, so why not trash talk alittle bit.

Rex Ryan is a loud mouthed arrogant ***, that's how he motivates his team. If that's how he wants to handle it, so be it. Personally I think he's a moron, but they have trashed talked twice against the Colts and Pats and won both games. Credit them for that feat. It will end here, you can count on that but it's going to be a great game.

2nd yr HC
2nd yr QB
back to back AFCCG apearences
24-13
.640 winning%

I keep putting these numbers up anytime somebody talks about Rex being "Overated", a "Bafoon" or a "Moron" and nobody ever responds to them. Pretty good accomplishments for a "Moron".

BlitzburghRockCity
01-19-2011, 08:45 PM
2nd yr HC
2nd yr QB
24-13
.640 winning%

I keep putting these numbers up anytime somebody talks about Rex being "Overated", a "Bafoon" or a "Moron" and nobody ever responds to them. Pretty good accomplishments for a "Moron".

I call him a moron because I don't like his attitude. A coach talking trash is inappropriate in my opinion. I think he's arrogant beyond all recognition. Nobody can argue that the Jets are a good team, back to back playoffs with a young QB is a great accomplishment. They do what they do very well. The offseason additions have paid off nicely so far for them.

You win and still be a moron.

jetsknicks1
01-19-2011, 08:53 PM
I call him a moron because I don't like his attitude. A coach talking trash is inappropriate in my opinion. I think he's arrogant beyond all recognition. Nobody can argue that the Jets are a good team, back to back playoffs with a young QB is a great accomplishment. They do what they do very well. The offseason additions have paid off nicely so far for them.

I understand why people don't like him, if he coached the Phins I'd probably hate him. Alot of people totally discount the fact that he's a good coach, simply because they don't like him.

StlersGuy
01-19-2011, 08:55 PM
I understand why people don't like him, if he coached the Phins I'd probably hate him. Alot of people totally discount the fact that he's a good coach, simply because they don't like him.

Good coach now that :lol:...

86WARD
01-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Where's the trash talk? lol...

StlersGuy
01-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Where's the trash talk? lol...

I think they are saying he is talking about feet :yesnod:

coach
01-19-2011, 09:56 PM
2nd yr HC
2nd yr QB
24-13
.640 winning%

If it is responses you want, people like Mike Francesa regularly respond to those things. You don't have to come to a Steeler forum for that. Last year was full of "special circumstances," even die hard Jets fans have to admit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-jdEb5zxL4&feature=related

In all seriousness, I don't mind Rex. I don't mind the Jets. Hell, I think most Jets and Steelers fans have a few things in common. We both hate the Cheatriots, we both love the fact that our teams beat hated division rivals to advance to this game and we both have probably heard enough feet jokes in the past few weeks to last us a lifetime.

I bet Rex is a little nervous, though, that if his team actually loses this game, reporters will only have one thing left to talk to him about. At least he has two things for the time being. No wonder things are so "personal" for him. :stirpot:

Steel Trap86
01-19-2011, 10:01 PM
lets just get back to football

jetsknicks1
01-19-2011, 10:10 PM
If it is responses you want, people like Mike Francesa regularly respond to those things. You don't have to come to a Steeler forum for that. Last year was full of "special circumstances," even die hard Jets fans have to admit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-jdEb5zxL4&feature=related

In all seriousness, I don't mind Rex. I don't mind the Jets. Hell, I think most Jets and Steelers fans have a few things in common. We both hate the Cheatriots, we both love the fact that our teams beat hated division rivals to advance to this game and we both have probably heard enough feet jokes in the past few weeks to last us a lifetime.

I bet Rex is a little nervous, though, that if his team actually loses this game, reporters will only have one thing left to talk to him about. At least he has two things for the time being. No wonder things are so "personal" for him. :stirpot:

Francesca is a toad. He's been bashing the Jets for years, a total Giant's homer.
I'm sure Rex is nervous but I don't think it has anything to do with the press. I'm guessin it has more to do with the fact that Pittsburgh is a very good team and he's a competitor.

Real Deal Steel
01-20-2011, 01:09 AM
When Holmes trys to make a big catch, Troy will step in front and that's all she wrote.

steelersbabex25
01-20-2011, 11:52 AM
When Holmes trys to make a big catch, Troy will step in front and that's all she wrote.

:lol: I could see Troy ":nono: Tone, we've seen that too many times"

JFE
01-20-2011, 06:08 PM
2nd yr HC
2nd yr QB
24-13
.640 winning%

You forgot to mention that all these games were played on the road.

LarryNJ
01-20-2011, 06:18 PM
You forgot to mention that all these games were played on the road.

Pretty good accomplishment and I'm glad you all are proud of that. Many of us call Cowher the same things and his resume is much more impressive. Same with Andy Reid, Marty Schottenheimer and some others. I guess if you're happy winning 2 playoff games every year that's great.

JFE
01-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Pretty good accomplishment and I'm glad you all are proud of that. Many of us call Cowher the same things and his resume is much more impressive. Same with Andy Reid, Marty Schottenheimer and some others. I guess if you're happy winning 2 playoff games every year that's great.

I think were looking at a possible SB run here. Its a game that will be that close. Could go either way. Cowher, although He doesnt have a crystal ball, picks the Jets.

LarryNJ
01-20-2011, 06:28 PM
I think were looking at a possible SB run here. Its a game that will be that close. Could go either way.

Absolutely...and that is the way a championship game should be. Cowher is more over rated than Rex.

jetsknicks1
01-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Absolutely...and that is the way a championship game should be. Cowher is more over rated than Rex.

It always amazes me when people call Rex overated. It's a sure sign of someone who pays no attention at all to how his team plays or the turn around he's provided this franchise in just 2 seasons.

JensK
01-20-2011, 06:46 PM
I think were looking at a possible SB run here. Its a game that will be that close. Could go either way. Cowher, although He doesnt have a crystal ball, picks the Jets.

Cowher always picks against Steelers... And as the season have proved, more often than not he is mistaken :)

--- Added 1/20/2011 at 05:46 PM ---

It always amazes me when people call Rex overated. It's a sure sign of someone who pays no attention at all to how his team plays or the turn around he's provided this franchise in just 2 seasons.

The thing is, look at the talent he have to work with... It is by far the most stacked team in NFL talent-wise. There is what? 9 first round picks on the Jets team. Any decent coach should be able to do something like Rex with that roster.

steelersbabex25
01-20-2011, 06:50 PM
The thing is, look at the talent he have to work with... It is by far the most stacked team in NFL talent-wise. There is what? 9 first round picks on the Jets team. Any decent coach should be able to do something like Rex with that roster.

True. It's the same reason why a lot of people weren't impressed with Tomlin after his first Superbowl win. He didn't create that team, it was given to him.

jetsknicks1
01-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Cowher always picks against Steelers... And as the season have proved, more often than not he is mistaken :)

--- Added 1/20/2011 at 05:46 PM ---

I think that totally minimizes what Rex has done. Using that logic, a team like the Lions should win every year considering the daft picks they've gotten. What about the Chargers or Redskins? Plenty of talent and big names but niether team even mad the playoffs.

JFE
01-20-2011, 08:10 PM
I think that totally minimizes what Rex has done. Using that logic, a team like the Lions should win every year considering the daft picks they've gotten. What about the Chargers or Redskins? Plenty of talent and big names but niether team even mad the playoffs.

Not to mention the Raiders.

jetstream
01-20-2011, 09:41 PM

and 2 years ago, Rex was one of the acquisitions

--- Added 1/20/2011 at 08:41 PM ---

Every coach you mention had years of experience. Rex is in his 2nd year. Marty could never win a big game. If you are going to throw those names up, put up there first 2 year stats with playoffs and compare

steelersbabex25
01-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Question for the 2 Jet fans above, not being sarcastic or anything, but are a lot of Steeler fans coming on to your forums and bitching about stuff that you say?

greennick
01-20-2011, 11:06 PM
Question for the 2 Jet fans above, not being sarcastic or anything, but are a lot of Steeler fans coming on to your forums and bitching about stuff that you say?

I just checked, and they sure are:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=63779

JFE
01-20-2011, 11:39 PM

We probably have about a half Dozen who are posting, Im not sure how many lurkers there are.

--- Added 1/20/2011 at 10:39 PM ---

This is a different forum than I am on.

JensK
01-21-2011, 03:58 AM

I disagree, as Draft pick does not equal great players even though they are drafted high. Jets have signed already proven players. I do agree that Rex have done a better job than Shanahan. Also, watch out for the Lions. They'll be a good team within not too many years.

jetstream
01-21-2011, 05:44 AM

It's not bitching...it's having a conversation. Why is it considered bitching if an opposing fan disagrees with you? Yes, there are a couple of Pitt fans on the official Jet forum giving ther OPINION and DISAGREEMENTS to the game....but it certainly isn'y bitching

--- Added 1/21/2011 at 04:41 AM ---

the above forum sucks and isn't the official forum

--- Added 1/21/2011 at 04:44 AM ---

I disagree, as Draft pick does not equal great players even though they are drafted high. Jets have signed already proven players. I do agree that Rex have done a better job than Shanahan. Also, watch out for the Lions. They'll be a good team within not too many years.

Not all of this is true. Yes the Jets, like every other NFL team draft high and acquire proven players that might have been a # 1 pick. But just look at the Skins and you will see that picking up proven players doesn't work unless you have a good coach who gets them to all be on the same page. The lions, if they get a good coach, will defly be a strong team

jetsknicks1
01-21-2011, 08:12 AM

We have a few on nyjets.com but I wouldn't say they're bitching, they just disagree with us. Same way the Jet fans here may disagree with some of you guys.

steelersbabex25
01-21-2011, 12:34 PM
It's not bitching...it's having a conversation. Why is it considered bitching if an opposing fan disagrees with you?

Woahh never said you were bitching. I said are Steeler fans coming on to your sites.

jetstream
01-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Woahh never said you were bitching. I said are Steeler fans coming on to your sites.

ok...forgive me for reading between the lines

LatrobePA
01-21-2011, 12:52 PM
ok...forgive me for reading between the lines

Classic joeflaccosayshi kinda thing!!

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

LarryNJ
01-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Classic joeflaccosayshi kinda thing!!

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

That's a low blow. I wouldn't insult these guys like that. They are 1000 times better than him.

steelersbabex25
01-21-2011, 01:35 PM
That's a low blow. I wouldn't insult these guys like that. They are 1000 times better than him.

:hehheh: I miss that guy..wait no I don't.

LatrobePA
01-21-2011, 01:47 PM

We'll see come Monday...Know what I mean!!!:yellowthumb: