PDA

View Full Version : The Jets will have to prepare different to play against Ben...

Troyisabeast_43
01-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Then they did the last 2 weeks when they beat Manning and Brady because the styles of Ben compared to these two guys are completely and totally different. Ben will break containment and make plays on the run more times then not. That is something Tom Brady if you watched yesterday when they blitzed him didnot do one single time. As Ive said before I love the Steelers in this game and if they can get up early in this game and take the Jets run game with LT and Greene completely out of this game then there is no way that Sanchez beats us throwing the ball the entire game. I dont care if they do have Braylon and Holmes Sanchez is not good enough to beat the Steelers entirely by himself without having some kind of help from the run game or a defensive or special teams score...

JensK
01-17-2011, 10:29 AM
True, but I am scared of Bens total lack of blitz recognition. He cannot afford to hold on to the ball as long as against Ravens or it will cost us the game. The Jets defense is far to good for that kind of playing. He needs to be very aware, and get rid of that damn ball quickly. BA should help him out by giving them a solid dose of Mendenhall and short routes to begin with. Make the pressure back up some and tire them a little.

LarryNJ
01-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Yes, the Jets will have to prepare differently but there's no doubt that they will. They have a very good defense and are better coached than the Ravens. Rex was very humble in the postgame but him and his staff out coached the Pats, that alone is no small feat. We will have our hands full on Offense but should be fine on D. I like the Steelers too because I think Ben will make a couple big plays to win it. But we aren't going to move the ball up and down the field on them.

LatrobePA
01-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Invite the pressure in and delay hand the ball off to Mendy, he could have a big day..

Troyisabeast_43
01-17-2011, 10:39 AM
The Steelers offensive line the last game against the Jets played one of their better games of the season I thought and protected Ben very well. If he can have that kind of time to throw the ball this Sunday the Steelers will score and put up a lot of points against this Jets D. Their secondary other then Revis is not very good and can be thrown on and scored upon. If Ben has a good game and get solid protection and has time to throw the ball, and the defense plays like we all know it can there is no way I see the Steelers losing this game. The Jets and especially Sanchez need to play their best game of their careers if they expect to come in here and win and I just dont see it happening not against this Steelers defense at Heinz Field...

LarryNJ
01-17-2011, 10:42 AM
Invite the pressure in and delay hand the ball off to Mendy, he could have a big day..

Have we run that play at all this year? :) The Jets did a great job yesterday of getting pressure without blitzing and hiding the different defenses. If you can get pressure like they did without the blitz it makes for a much easier day. Keep in mind that this was against a very good O line. We are going to have to earn a trip to Dallas and I'm confident we will.

steelersbabex25
01-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Brady also goes down easy when he's pressured too. As soon as he's backed up against the wall, he just kinda seems to fall on his own. Ben is gonna try to get out of that obviously, and I doubt those linemen will be able to take him down easy.