PDA

View Full Version : Biggest key matchup jets vs. steelers.

steelchamp204
01-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Im going to go with Pouncey vs. Ellis. Ellis had a hell of a game tonight against probably the best oline in the league, or atleast top 5. I think pouncey will be fine against ellis but this is my big matchup of the jets vs. steelers game.Plus if pouncey can control him he should have some sort of running game.

Pouncey vs. Ellis

other opinions can chim in.

nuclearchihuahuas
01-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Wallace, Sanders and Brown vs Cromartie and Revis. Their defense looked outstanding tonight...that zone to man defense was really tight and Brady couldn't find a way around it.

LatrobePA
01-16-2011, 09:32 PM
BA vs RR

CoachC
01-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Our receivers vs. Jets DB's... This one will decide the game...

steelchamp204
01-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Wallace, Sanders and Brown vs Cromartie and Revis. Their defense looked outstanding tonight...that zone to man defense was really tight and Brady couldn't find a way around it.

Revis will probably be on wallace, Cromartie? I think he will go with Sanders or Brown? Its gonna be up to Hines to have a big game. But the way Ben buys time in the pocket and the young guys know where to go. That will be a key factor. So what is the injury report on no show scott?

steelersbabex25
01-16-2011, 09:37 PM
Our receivers vs. Jets DB's... This one will decide the game...

I concur.

Steel Trap86
01-16-2011, 09:38 PM
It is most definitely Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Ward vs. Jets secondary

But the o-line has to have a big game as well because the Jets have a sick pass rush. But unlike that pussy Brady, if Ben takes a few hits, and he will, he won't curl up like a little baby and bitch and moan to the refs about flags.

steelchamp204
01-16-2011, 09:43 PM
I think we have alot of film on the jets defense, seems like the miss alot of tackles sometime, but I just have a gut feeling we will get Heath involved in the passing game alot. and maybe some more screens this game. I dont think we ran on slant against bmore yesterday did we? If we did I missed them :(

Troyisabeast_43
01-16-2011, 09:54 PM
The o-line held up great the last game against the Jets, and the Steelers receivers in particular Emmanuel Sanders had a big day against the Jets secondary. I definitely think they can do this again, and as long as they dont throw the ball on Revis's side too many times I think the other Jets cornerbacks are not very good and the Steelers with all the weapons at receiver they have can spread them out and exploit them. Jets only scored 1 offensive TD in that last game and got points off special teams and their defense with the safety. One offensive TD in this game next Sunday by Sanchez and the Jets will not be enough in my opinion to beat the Steelers. The Jets cannot count on the Steelers giving up another kick return for a TD,and giving up a TD on defense or a safety for that matter and still expect to win this game because it will not happen...

scott0326
01-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Like others have said, its definitely our WR's against the Jets defensive backs.

Goodfrom55
01-16-2011, 11:45 PM

While I agree, Welker, Branch, Woodhead and the TE's are not Wallace, Ward, Sanders, Heath. Jets will have a much harder time covering Steeler WR's then they did the Pats pedestrian group.

franchise3
01-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Edwards vs. Gay if BMac is not playing.

Phenomenal TJ
01-16-2011, 11:53 PM
Timmons/Keller will be a big one too.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-16-2011, 11:59 PM
It's on the defense... if they can make them one dimensional where they have to count on Sanchez it will be the difference

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Look for Heath to have a field day.

Real Deal Steel
01-17-2011, 12:39 AM
If we feature Sanders and Brown, we can destroy the Jets secondary.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Special teams clearly............Brad Smith returned one to the house on the opening kick-off the last time.......The Jets special teams vs the Steelers is the key matchup that can either win or lose the game for the Steelers.......Just not limiting returns for TDs but overall field position.....I don't expect a ton of points to be scored Sunday.....But I didn't think 55 would be scored in Steelers/Ravens......lol

Real Deal Steel
01-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Edwards vs. Gay if BMac is not playing.

This is the match up I worry about. As much as I"d like to have Troy shaded towards Edwards, you know Holmes is looking to light us up.

This is a good lesson to learn. You don't trade talented players to teams in your conference.

steelchamp204
01-17-2011, 12:44 AM
Special teams clearly............Brad Smith returned one to the house on the opening kick-off the last time.......The Jets special teams vs the Steelers is the key matchup that can either win or lose the game for the Steelers.......Just not limiting returns for TDs but overall field position.....I don't expect a ton of points to be scored Sunday.....But I didn't think 55 would be scored in Steelers/Ravens......lol

I hope after yesterday the ST put in extra work this week in coverage, we were poor on st coverage.

JensK
01-17-2011, 05:18 AM
To me its Mike Tomlin vs. Rex Ryan. Ryan just proved that he is one of the best coaches in the league, and Tomlin needs to put together an amazing gameplan to beat him.

Phenomenal TJ
01-17-2011, 05:52 AM
The OLB's need to set the edge better than they did the last time we played, I'll be LIVID if we get played on a bootleg-like play again

coldrolled
01-17-2011, 09:28 AM
It's on the defense... if they can make them one dimensional where they have to count on Sanchez it will be the difference

Sanchez running for his life will be the difference. We cracked his shoulder the last time.
He will remember. Keep him in shock and we win...

I think belechick was wishing yesterday he had a QB that could run. the coverage left a lot of grass open in front of brady. but brady is a camel and couldnt take it on his own. Vick would have had 200 yards yesterday playing for brady.

SteelDad
01-17-2011, 10:19 AM
I would have to say our DB's on their WR's. Ike knows Santonio pretty well, but Holmes will get his catches. Gotta limit the YAC. I really think we can limit Edwards, but Cotchery and Keller worry me especially if we aren't getting pressure. My gut feeling is LeBeau will play it fairly conservative in the first half and bring more heat later. All that depends on our offensive production of course.

LatrobePA
01-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Treat Dirty like VY earlier in the year! Pressure the **** out of him!!

roosterray
01-17-2011, 10:51 AM

There is a difference that I believe our receivers have Speed.

Plus the patriot and Colt defenses are not that good.:tt02:

LatrobePA
01-17-2011, 11:00 AM
NE found out what you get from raw young rookies last night. On both sides of the ball!

coldrolled
01-17-2011, 11:45 AM
To me its Mike Tomlin vs. Rex Ryan. Ryan just proved that he is one of the best coaches in the league, and Tomlin needs to put together an amazing gameplan to beat him.

His brother left the Browns this weekend to DC the Cowboys...

Nice to see him leave the AFCN... :cope:

steelersbabex25
01-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Treat Dirty like VY earlier in the year! Pressure the **** out of him!!

This too. He isn't a veteran player. Once he feels the pressure, he's going to start making stupid decisions like we saw yesterday in the Pats game. He had a few wide open receivers but because of the pressure he didn't hit them. Getting pressure on the quarterback is always a must, be right now its a 100%, needs to happen.