PDA

View Full Version : Jets pull the upset, headed to Heinz Field

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Get ready Steeler nation, the improbable has happened as the Jets upset the Patriots in Foxboro and are headed to Pittsburgh for the right to go to the Super Bowl! Couldn't have have asked for anything more than this? The huge win to send the Ravens home, and extra day of rest, and now we get to play at home!

Stairway to Seven is alive and well, but now it goes through the Steel City!!

JensK
01-16-2011, 07:35 PM
This will be one tough tough game! Almost as tough as the Ravens game. I do like that Sanchez has been horrible throughout the season tho. No doubt about it, we have a bigger chance winning against Jets than against Patriots, no matter where the games are played.

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Similarities to 08. We have home field throughout on our way to the superbowl. This time we'll have Troy. Let's do this.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2011, 07:38 PM
I love this matchup, it's going to be a dog fight no question. The Steelers haven't forgotten the way they lost to the Jets. You can bet they'll be trash talking this week again. Let them talk, we dispatched the Ravens, now Jets you're up next!

SteelJunkie
01-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Well we got what we wanted another game at home.

SteelCityKid5
01-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Payback baby

steelersbabex25
Revis banged up, Scott banged up..just saying.

JensK
I love this matchup, it's going to be a dog fight no question. The Steelers haven't forgotten the way they lost to the Jets. You can bet they'll be trash talking this week again. Let them talk, we dispatched the Ravens, now Jets you're up next!

Steelers have only lost to a team in the regular season and the playoffs once in the franchise history, and that was against Jaguars in 07.

Prosdo
I'm amped up for this game! It can't get here fast enough!

North Steel
Hey Brady like I told Baltimore go **** yourself you smelly *** bitch.:nono:no SB for you!.the road to the SB goes thru NE yeah right!

steelersbabex25
Payback baby

You know it! They haven't seen the last of the Steelers..

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Paybacks indeed! You come to Heinz Field and beat us in the regular season, you won't do it again!!!!

steelersbabex25
01-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Paybacks indeed! You come to Heinz Field and beat us in the regular season, you won't do it again!!!!

See: Ravens

coach
01-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Now the talkin heads will say how they knew it would be us all along after ball-washin Brady ad infinitum.

After I hear them saying he might be best of all time, I wonder how far his stock drops after this upset at home to a rival division oponnent to a second year QB who still struggles each game to perform.

Looks good on him.

steelersbabex25
01-16-2011, 07:52 PM
After I hear them saying he might be best of all time, I wonder how far his stock drops after this upset at home to a rival division oponnent to a second year QB who still struggles each game to perform.

Looks good on him.

I love seeing a frowny bitchy Brady. I would love to be in that Pats locker room and watch him throw a hissy fit about how he was perfect and everyone else ****ed up.

nuclearchihuahuas
01-16-2011, 07:53 PM

This is the best outcome we could have hope for. I do not believe the jets will beat us twice at home. :tt02::tt02::tt02:

Nolrog
01-16-2011, 07:54 PM
I live about 20 minutes from the Jets training facility (seriously). I'm gonna have to hear them yap all week long. Ugh. I hate that crap. FAN (local sports radio station) is going to be Jet fans all week "we beat the Steelers once, we'll kick the snot out of them this time."

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Both of these teams matchup great together, it's going to be fun to watch. Heinz Field will have to be just as loud and crazy as yesterday. The 12th man will be HUGE in this game. Only this time, can we try and not start out being down 21-7 by halftime..lol

steelersbabex25
01-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Both of these teams matchup great together, it's going to be fun to watch. Heinz Field will have to be just as loud and crazy as yesterday. The 12th man will be HUGE in this game. Only this time, can we try and not start out being down 21-7 by halftime..lol

I would like that..for my healths sake.

coldrolled
01-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Like it should be a top 5 defense beat a 27th ranked defense...

I believe ... go steelers.

steeldoc
01-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Unbelievable. Agree with the above and will add that Ravens fans are feeling even sicker after this Jets upset. They would of had a home game had they won. But they didn't, they choked, and the Steelers have the opportunity to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.:clap:

SteelCurtainYinzer
01-16-2011, 08:24 PM
When was the last time the Steelers lost two home games to the same team? Has it ever happened? I thought maybe the Patriots but I can't remember...

CoachC
01-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Wow, crazy game, I did not expect that at all!!!!! But I'm so pumped now! Let's Go! Can't wait until Sunday!

nuclearchihuahuas
01-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Any one listening to the post game on NFL network? Sounds like they are already crowning the Jets...damn, that's a hard on to hear. They are convinced that the Jets can take out the Steelers because they have defeated Manning and Brady...they keep saying Big Ben is next. :evilshake:

CoachC
01-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Let 'em say that... I am listening to it as well, that's fine with me... our D is a little bit more potent then the Patsies and the Colts... we'll see! Can't wait!

steelersbabex25
01-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Any one listening to the post game on NFL network? Sounds like they are already crowning the Jets...damn, that's a hard on to hear. They are convinced that the Jets can take out the Steelers because they have defeated Manning and Brady...they keep saying Big Ben is next. :evilshake:

Interesting, cause those same people also were crowning the Ravens and the Pats a week ago. Let them keep being wrong.

acero
01-16-2011, 08:40 PM
nfl network loves brady and sinces he lost they think that the jets can win it all, thats ok, now we have to listen to the annoying rex ryan for a whole week

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO !!!!

Steel Trap86
01-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Never listen to anything any NFL analyst says, especially the NFL.com guys. (Micheal Lombardi etc.) All they do is stroke the teams that win week to week. Nobody ever gave the Seahawks a chance to beat the Saints and then when they did it was those same guys that said the Seahawks now had a chance to beat the Bears. Same story with the Jets now

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-16-2011, 08:56 PM
the pos ravings and t bradley in the turlet already and now a nemesis, the creeps from new jersey called the new york jets. we owe you one dog. we be goin to the super bowl. never a season like this one. never ever. i seen a lot of em.

North Steel
01-16-2011, 08:57 PM
The more **** these guys talk the better,more fuel to the fire,burn baby burn.:reddevil:

SteelJunkie
01-16-2011, 09:59 PM
1. The road to the Super Bowl now goes through Pittsburgh. The Steelers caught a break Sunday night with the Jets' upset win against the New England Patriots. Pittsburgh, the AFC's No. 2 seed, will play host to the conference title game for the second time in three years. The Steelers said Saturday night that they were confident regardless of the opponent. But playing at home in the postseason is always a preference, and the Patriots and quarterback Tom Brady have had Pittsburgh's number in recent years.

2. Don't forget the Jets beat Pittsburgh too. While the Steelers avoided a trip to New England, the team with the best record in the regular season, they will face a Jets team that went into Heinz Field on Dec. 19 and handed Pittsburgh a 22-17 defeat. New York outplayed Pittsburgh in Week 15, particularly on special teams. The Steelers also were without Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu, who missed the game with a calf/Achilles injury.

3. There are tons of AFC North connections in this game. This will be a big week for Jets receiver Santonio Holmes, whom Pittsburgh traded this offseason to New York. Holmes will make his second trip to Pittsburgh this season, but this time a ticket to Super Bowl XLV is at stake. Jets coach Rex Ryan, linebacker Bart Scott and defensive lineman Trevor Pryce are among those who joined New York from the Baltimore Ravens' organization. Receiver Braylon Edwards was acquired in a trade with the Cleveland Browns, and the Browns traded their No. 5 overall pick to the Jets in 2009 to allow New York to draft quarterback Mark Sanchez. Jets safety Brodney Pool also played five seasons in Cleveland.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/35993/quick-take-jets-at-steelers

CoachC
01-16-2011, 10:02 PM
The last time we played the game swung back and forth on the hinges of a few key plays...

1. Kick Return TD = 7 points
2. Safety = 2 points

Those plays lost us the game, not to mention the fact that we still put ourselves in the position to win at the end! and we didn't have Troy or Heath!

I can't wait for this game!

Goodfrom55
01-16-2011, 10:43 PM
lets also hope for a little Jets Pats hangover. Won't be a easy game, but at least its a home game.

SteelDad
01-16-2011, 10:54 PM
1. Must clean up special teams
2. No Turnovers!
3. Continue to score 7 and not settle for 3. (Good job of this lately)
4. Get after Sanchez early
5. Stay aggressive bruce!

jd1000
01-16-2011, 11:12 PM
You know...I kind of hope the Jets talk smack this week. I hope even more that we don't respond. I think that team thrives on the back and forth. Sneers should be met with silence. Taunts should be met with icy stares. We ain't a bunch of brie eating wipe sippin' Patriot fans. The Steelers should meet words with action.

God I can't wait. I gotta go make my beer run for this game tomorrow.

JD from Utah

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Rex was very quiet and actually gave up respect before our game back in Dec......I'm sure Braylon Edwards will run his mouth since he hates us from his days in Cleveland........Wouldn't be shocked if Holmes said a few things about sticking it to us since the Steelers traded him.......But I doubt Rex and the Jets overall talk much this week.....I'm also very pumped and didn't want the Steelers to travel to New England......I think the Steelers can beat the Pats but the history proves Brady/Belichick have our number.......I'm pumped the Steelers get an AFC title game in Pittsburgh......

Real Deal Steel
01-16-2011, 11:38 PM

The biggest thing in our favor is that we all ready lost to the Jets so we will be super motivated and we will be familiar with what they do.

We must take away the run because the last time we played them, they ran on us. We must force Sanchez into 3rd and 8's. The Jets have been winning because they've been able to run the ball. Stoping the Run and getting a lead on them is the key to this game.

igor0190
01-16-2011, 11:54 PM
The biggest thing in our favor is that we all ready lost to the Jets so we will be super motivated and we will be familiar with what they do.

We must take away the run because the last time we played them, they ran on us. We must force Sanchez into 3rd and 8's. The Jets have been winning because they've been able to run the ball. Stoping the Run and getting a lead on them is the key to this game.

I love the fact that Sanchez hasn't seen Polamalu out there... They will think some of the things that worked last game will work again. WRONG!

pimplydan
01-17-2011, 12:17 AM
I think the stars in the sky are placed well for the steeler to go back to the Superbowl .
We missed out on the chance to take it to the Pats on their turf but heck,I can live with that.
We play at home , that's huge !

We own one to the Jets , with no thought we would have beat them with either Troy or Heath in the lineup .

SteelrFan
01-17-2011, 12:40 AM

I love it when they all crown the other team, it seems like there are a certain few who are always against the Steelers. That's good motivation.
Let the haters keep hating and let the Steelers Keep Winning all the way to SB#7.
:yellowthumb:

Scorp
01-17-2011, 01:57 AM
We will ruin the jets chances of going to the Super Bowl. I said Brady will have a bad day today or in the championship game. Guess it was today.

Moondog
01-17-2011, 02:06 AM
Sanchez will look like Flacco did...he's gonna choke and **** the bed. The crowd will be absolutely playoff caliber berserk. Heinz field and the Steelers will be a totally different animal for the Jets this time around. I can not wait. The Jets will bring their swagger, but so will the Steelers...and then some.

steelspikes
01-17-2011, 02:36 AM
nothin' sweeter than seeing Tommi boy getting hit in his spiderman suit. Steelers will beat Jets with Troy & Heath both in lineup this time.

Dean Denton
01-17-2011, 03:37 AM
Paybacks indeed! You come to Heinz Field and beat us in the regular season, you won't do it again!!!! I agree, I think the Steelers are going to beat the hell out of them. The Jags caught this team sleeping in 07, and not having Aaron Smith hurt big time. Plus, that Steelers team wasn't ready for the playoffs. Not this time. Troy and Heath are both playing and I would be shocked if the Jets won this game. Steelers all the way....F@*$ you Brady...

Roscoe
01-17-2011, 04:45 AM
Pats fan here. I know there is no love lost between Pats and Steelers....but I ama HUGE Steelers fan this week and going forward the rest of this season. Beat the snot out of those mouthy Jets, would yah please.

steelersbabex25
01-17-2011, 11:26 AM
Pats fan here. I know there is no love lost between Pats and Steelers....but I ama HUGE Steelers fan this week and going forward the rest of this season. Beat the snot out of those mouthy Jets, would yah please.

We love having people on our side :yellowthumb: We would love to beat the **** out of the Jets, so we'll see what we can do for ya :lol:

Scorp
01-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Monday, January 17, 2011
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

James Farrior picked a winner.

"I'm rooting for the Jets," the Steelers defensive captain said, and that is who he and his teammates will get, and at home to boot.

By virtue of their 28-21 upset victory Sunday of the New England Patriots, the New York Jets will play the Steelers in Heinz Field at 6:30 p.m. Sunday in the AFC championship game.

"We love to play at home," Steelers tight end Matt Spaeth said.

Had the top-seeded Patriots won, the Steelers, the No. 2 playoff seed, would have gone to New England. Instead, they will play their second AFC title game in three years at Heinz Field.

"It'll be nice to have home-field advantage, but it's even greater that we're playing next week," linebacker LaMarr Woodley said.

It is the second time in three seasons the No. 1 seed lost to send the AFC championship game to Pittsburgh. It also occurred when Baltimore upset Tennessee in the 2008 playoffs.

The winner Sunday will advance to the Super Bowl Feb. 6 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

The Jets entered the playoffs as the lowest seed, No. 6, and are trying to follow the Steelers' path in the 2005 season in which they became the first team in history to win three playoff games on the road and then the Super Bowl.

The Jets had never won a game in Pittsburgh until Dec. 19, when they beat the Steelers, 22-17.

"We played the Jets the last time it was close and probably a game we thought we should have had," Mr. Spaeth said. "We get them at home and we're looking forward to it, to kind of right our wrongs from the last time we played them."

In that game, the Steelers led, 17-10, in the third quarter until New York scored three times -- a Mark Sanchez bootleg 7-yard touchdown run, a field goal and a safety.

Linebacker James Harrison blamed himself for allowing the quarterback's touchdown run that tied it. Mr. Harrison went for the fake inside when he should have stayed his ground on the outside.

"That's another situation where it was a play here, a play there," Mr. Harrison said of the game's closeness. "We gave up a touchdown down there on fourth-and-1, that was a mis-execution on me. I played it as I thought they were going to do it but I didn't play it as my responsibility told me and he scooted out and got a touchdown."

The Steelers' 31-24 comeback victory Saturday against Baltimore put them in their 15th conference championship game, more than any team since the 1970 NFL merger. Dallas has appeared in 14. The Steelers reached their first title game in 1972, when they lost at Three Rivers Stadium, 21-17, to the unbeaten Miami Dolphins, who went on to win Super Bowl VII.

This is the Steelers' fifth AFC championship game in the past 10 seasons. They previously appeared two seasons ago when they beat Baltimore and proceeded to win their sixth Super Bowl. The Steelers have won seven of their previous 14 championship games and each of their past two. They are 1-2 in championship games at Heinz Field, losing to the New England Patriots after the 2001 and 2004 seasons.

The Steelers want to even the score, both in title games at Heinz Field and with the Jets this season.

"We're very excited to be going back to the AFC championship game but it's all for naught if we can't take care of it," defensive end Brett Keisel said.

What might be the difference in the outcome with the Jets this time?

"Because it has to be, plain and simple," safety Ryan Clark said. "We have to do a better job. No. 43's back, too."

That would be Troy Polamalu, the Steelers' superstar strong safety who missed games against the Jets and Carolina with an Achilles-related injury. He has played in the past two games.

The Steelers outgained the Jets in that game, 378 yards to 276, but New York's Brad Smith returned the opening kickoff 97 yards for a touchdown.

"I'm sure we're going to take some things from it," Mr. Keisel said of the loss a month ago to the Jets. "Hopefully we learn from the mistakes we made that got us beat, to correct them and not make them again."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11017/1118583-66.stm#ixzz1BJeXGPuK

steelersbabex25
01-17-2011, 03:31 PM
duyiI48rtno

I hope the Jets are ready for some of this on Sunday..

Just gives you the chills doesn't it?

pimplydan
01-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Nice ,,,,,,love to be there . Like to see more of these

Steel Trap86
01-17-2011, 04:30 PM

Ya they will, but it won't be for you or your team :yellowthumb:

jetsknicks1
01-17-2011, 04:39 PM
duyiI48rtno

I hope the Jets are ready for some of this on Sunday..

Just gives you the chills doesn't it?

There's no doubt that your crowd will be crazy loud & involved on Sunday but it's not like we haven't been there before.

Cincinatti, San Deago(sp), Indy, Indy again & New England.

steelersbabex25
01-17-2011, 04:42 PM
There's no doubt that your crowd will be crazy loud & involved on Sunday but it's not like we haven't been there before.

This is probably the homer in me, but Heinz field I'm willing to bet will be a lot crazier than it was in the regular season, and crazier than any other away game that the Jets have played at.

jetsknicks1
01-17-2011, 04:44 PM
This is probably the homer in me, but Heinz field I'm willing to bet will be a lot crazier than it was in the regular season, and crazier than any other away game that the Jets have played at.

Could be. I gotta say it'll be tough to top the Superdome. We went to the Jets\'s game there last season and that had to be the loudest place I'd ever been in.

DIESELMAN
01-17-2011, 04:45 PM

Actually, you haven't. AFCCG in Pittsburgh gets a hell of a lot louder then anything the Jets have ever heard or ever will hear!!

Scorp
01-17-2011, 09:48 PM
What the hell is up with all this homer ****? I'm going to take homer and kick his donut eating *** out of here.

OK, i have this to ask. Has there ever been a playoff team to ever defeat three past super bowl winners and go on to win the big game themselves? Damn, it's a tad bit scary but these Jets sure could knock us right out to. What are your thoughts?

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-17-2011, 10:45 PM
What the hell is up with all this homer ****? I'm going to take homer and kick his donut eating *** out of here.

OK, i have this to ask. Has there ever been a playoff team to ever defeat three past super bowl winners and go on to win the big game themselves? Damn, it's a tad bit scary but these Jets sure could knock us right out to. What are your thoughts?

Ur reading too much into trends. Just relax and get pumped for this game!

Real Deal Steel
01-17-2011, 11:05 PM

This is the last home game of the year, we might as well go hog wild and really give the guys the homefield advantage they deserve!

STEELER EMPIRE....

LET'S MAKE IT SO LOUD FOR THE JETS THAT SANCHEZ WON'T BE ABLE HERE HIS CENTER FART MUCH LESS ANYTHING ELSE!!!!!!!

LatrobePA
01-17-2011, 11:05 PM
The place will be rocking and with our two starters back so will this team!

StlersGuy
01-19-2011, 02:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMdqLPMHycQ