PDA

View Full Version : limas sweed?

xxxsteelernation
01-16-2011, 05:03 PM
it seems like everyone has for got that sweed and dixon are on IR. i have..lol also heard that sweed has been working with the jug machine and is really excelling on his catch to drop ratio. we all know sweed has the size and speed, it was always his reliability. if he too has vastly improved. where would we use him?

Phenomenal TJ
01-16-2011, 05:08 PM
He apparently started fresh at the start of the pre-season and was doing quite well. I'd be willing to give him another chance.

Troyisabeast_43
01-16-2011, 05:09 PM
With Hines Ward possibly retiring if the Steelers win the Super Bowl this year still having a guy like Sweed on the roster with a lot of talent is still not a bad thing at all. However,with the way Sanders and Browns have performed this season Sweed had better step his game up another level next season when he returns if he hopes to have any chance to make this roster...

cmerrifield
01-16-2011, 05:15 PM
I still believe in Sweed. His problem was never routes or blocking it was just catching the ball, which he had no trouble doing in Texas. I think this will be a breakout year for him.

Farrior Fan
01-16-2011, 05:30 PM
I have always defended Sweed, the dropsies are in his head. I think he was getting past it this preseason and then got hurt. I really doubt he makes the team now, we are flat out stacked at WR now.

steelersbabex25
01-16-2011, 05:31 PM
If he can get rid of those butterfingers I have no doubt that he can be great. Wallace, Brown, Sanders, and Sweed? Wow.

xxxsteelernation
01-16-2011, 05:39 PM
i think sweed can use his blocking ability to open up himself more to get open so there is not as extensive of pressure as there was. it seems like that is what ward does to get open so much cause he blocks so well and no one wants to get blocked by ward. as eddy reed..lol

steeldoc
01-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Sorry, I think he's done. Apart from that great hit on that Raven during the AFC Championship game, he has choked at every oportunity. Bet he's related to Flacco.

JensK
01-16-2011, 05:52 PM
He could be the best 4th WR in the league if he starts to catch balls. The talent is there, and from what I hear, the work ethic is there as well. I am still a believer, but he needs to be given a chance, meaning he is not the kind of player who'll come in, make one splash play and then sit again. He needs to get some extensive work.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2011, 07:07 PM
He'll get his chance to prove himself again next camp. He's got stiff competition though, it should be fun to watch. Tomlin will put them all against each other in camp and see who wants it more. It's a nice problem to have with all these WR's available to us. With Hines in the twilight of his career, you can't have too many go to guys.

airbrake 1
01-16-2011, 07:14 PM
damn, i thought i was the last sweed holdout...it would be beautiful if he could reach his potential, it would definetly make the steelers that much better...it would be hard for any team to cover all our recievers and still be able to stop mendenhall....mike williams was out of football for two seasons and came back and had a good year let's hope sweed follows that same path...go steelers...go jets (arrgh, i hate saying that)

Callax
01-16-2011, 08:56 PM
He'll get the chance to come to camp and prove himself, If he has put in the time and got his head on straight, he'll be a Steelere next year. a #3 or #4 WR, maybe I know he'll not be a #1, since that will be Wallace and a ProBowl appearance next season.

steelchamp204
01-16-2011, 09:33 PM
I would love to see sweed play again, I am really pulling for the guy to do well, all I think of Sweed is the "catch that neverwas against baltimore". All he needs is a game over 85 yards receiving a td and contributing in the run blocking game. Im really pulling for the guy though. I cant wait to see him next season. If he can do what he did at texas he will be our number 3 receiver but not right away, down the stretch.

CoachC
01-16-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm a Sweed believer! I love the guy! I watched him have troubles in his first 2 seasons at UT before blowing it up! I can't wait to see him back!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Last Sweed hold out Airbrake......There is many Sweed supporters on this site and I remain one of them......Sweed has the talent and bringing him back to compete really isn't an issue.....He is still on his rookie contract and the risk is still low.......If he continues to struggle in training camp/pre-season then you cut him.....But if the light bulb goes off for him and he gains confidence then the sky is the limit for Sweed.....

Wallace, Sanders, Brown, and a confident Limas Sweed would be scary for the rest of the NFL.....Sweed has something the other WR's don't have and this height which could be huge in the red zone.....

igor0190
01-17-2011, 01:22 AM
:plus1: Guys got talent, has had a lot of bad luck with injury. If he really is working hard, then I wouldnt be surprised to see him make the team.

Real Deal Steel
01-17-2011, 01:32 AM
I don't see Sweed getting a chance now with the emergence of Brown and Sanders. I'd like to move Sweed for a 4th round pick.

Dean Denton
01-17-2011, 04:40 AM
I'm pulling for Sweed. Add him to Wallace, Sanders and Brown, (if Ward hangs it up) and the Steelers have a great group of WR's...

greg1964
01-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Limas Sweed.......yeah that guy: The Steelers typical keep 5 or 6 WR on the roster: Wallace, Sanders, Brown are locks for next year. Ward is also a lock if he doesn't retire which he said he would do if the Steelers win the Super Bowl. So that leaves 1 possible two spots open.

Limas Sweed: second round pick who has had a back case of drops:
Arnaz Battle: 8 year vet how is a special team player for the Black and Gold:
Antwaan Randle El: 9 year vet that was passed by two rookies on the depth chart this year. Love him as a person, but he know longer is a special team player and this year is 5th as a WR.
Tyler Grisham: I like this guy, but unless someone gets hurt if he makes the team, he would be the 4th or 5th WR.

If Ward come back: Sweed could beat out El, Battle and Grisham with the stiffest battle coming from Battle because of special teams

If Ward retires: Sweed and Battle could make the team with the biggest battle coming from Grisham

Goodfrom55
01-17-2011, 09:36 AM
He was a 2nd round pick and with the possible exodus of Hines in another year or so, one more chance bar none. Hines will not retire until he gets 1000 receptions.

LatrobePA
01-17-2011, 09:48 AM
IMO this team is stacked at WR...

jpele
01-17-2011, 10:00 AM
Ike on one side Sweed on the other great set of corners. I wonder if the coaching staff ever gave it any thought ?

steelchamp204
01-17-2011, 11:15 AM
Ike on one side Sweed on the other great set of corners. I wonder if the coaching staff ever gave it any thought ?

No way.