PDA

View Full Version : Ravens vs. Steelers: 5 Reasons Why Baltimore Couldn't Win in Pittsburgh

coach
01-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Todd McGregor writes a good article on why ravens lost. The officiating was bad for both teams, but Ravens must look within.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/574155-ravens-vs-steelers-5-reasons-why-baltimore-couldnt-win-in-pittsburgh

steelersbabex25
01-16-2011, 12:17 PM
Agree with #1. The Ravens didn't even ATTEMPT to run the ball. I said it in the game thread, once the defense starts to shut down their passing. they're done for. They know they can't run, all they have is their big name receivers + Ray Rice and Heap. And they couldn't do squat with the pass after we started getting so much pressure.

Agree with #2. Joe Flacco isn't on Ben's level, but we all know that already.

#3. I didn't really notice their special teams being too horrible? I noticed we only started beyond our own 30 maybe one or two times. Our special teams was pretty awesome though, I was :dance:

Agree completely with #4. The Steelers were awesome on third down. When you thought they couldn't do it, when you thought there was no chance in hell, they somehow pulled it out of their asses and got it done.

#5. I obviously agree with. After the Rice fumble, Flacco seemed to have left the field and we saw Chocko come in, as we all expected. When the QB panics, everyone else starts to panic, which is exactly what we witnessed happen to a seemingly unbeatable Ravens team.