PDA

View Full Version : Where does this playoff game rank for you?

Scorp
01-15-2011, 11:03 PM
Where does this playoff game rank on your list? Steelers down by 14 at the half. They score 2 tds in less than a minute in the 2nd half and outscore ravens 24-3, i believe, in the 2nd half.

steelersbabex25
01-15-2011, 11:04 PM
Honestly, all playoff games are so high on my list that it's difficult to rank. The Steelers always make them pretty interesting. I would put it pretty high up there in the last decade though.

steelchamp204
01-15-2011, 11:08 PM
second to the sb in 08, but a tie with the other ravens game in the afc chapionship.

airbrake 1
01-15-2011, 11:33 PM
I've personally been to at least 15 playoff games... and i can attest this win was at the top of the list for me personally...there was a real dismal attitude at halftime...i headed for the john and screamed this freakin game is far from over people let's get it together...heads up people we are winning this mother-fer...i been to 2 winning afc championships and this win today tops both...just the coming back from 14 down at half to the ravens is special...i had more fun at this game than any other game i have ever attended:tt02:

franchise3
01-15-2011, 11:39 PM
I don't, pretty high up. Ben's pass to Brown and the AMAZING catch have to be up there for a single play too. Had we not gotten 1st down there....

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2011, 11:40 PM
QUOTE=airbrake 1;400618]I've personally been to at least 15 playoff games... and i can attest this win was at the top of the list for me personally...there was a real dismal attitude at halftime...i headed for the john and screamed this freakin game is far from over people let's get it together...heads up people we are winning this mother-fer...i been to 2 winning afc championships and this win today tops both...just the coming back from 14 down at half to the ravens is special...i had more fun at this game than any other game i have ever attended:tt02:[/QUOTE]

Its never over with this defense and QB..........I can't rank play-off games over a Super Bowls for me.......So Super Bowl XL and Super Bowl XLIII are my favorite post-season games......

But as far as just other post-season games this one is up there.....

1. 2008 AFC title game vs Ravens

2. 2005 Divisional round vs the Colts

3. 2002 Wild Card round vs the Browns

4. 2010 Divisional round vs the Ravens

5. 1995 AFC title game vs the Colts

airbrake 1
01-15-2011, 11:45 PM
i'm just talking about games i attended...i've never personally attended a super bowl (yet)...needless to say this was a special win for me today...my all time favorite post season win that i ever witnessed with my own eyes

steelersbabex25
01-15-2011, 11:48 PM
i'm just talking about games i attended...i've never personally attended a super bowl (yet)...needless to say this was a special win for me today...my all time favorite post season win that i ever witnessed with my own eyes

I am so jealous. I know that game was awesome. Hell, I could practically feel the stands shaking 200 miles away.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2011, 11:49 PM
I would say this game for me anyways, ranks near or at the top of the list. The Steelers overcame alot in Indy on their way to Super Bowl XL. Bettis' fumble, Vanderjact missing that long FG, is a big one for me. The comeback in this game though, being down by 14 with no momentum whatsoever, it's hard to beat that's for sure.

steelchamp204
01-15-2011, 11:53 PM

How were the ratbird fans there? prob *******s and dickwads, hope they regreted going to the game/

airbrake 1
01-16-2011, 12:06 AM
I am so jealous. I know that game was awesome. Hell, I could practically feel the stands shaking 200 miles away.

i'm still numb even now that i'm home...and that's not even from the alcohol that that i drank...i have never seen a crowd leaving a steelers game where everyone was just buzzing with emotion like this...everyone was just looking at each other saying can you believe that this just happened...i'll never forget this day as long as i live even if it would all come crumbling down next week...it was just electric after this game.. really something special, i hope everyone on here can experience something like this sometime...bring on whom ever can take us on.... i would perfer the jets because that would give us one more home game...go steelers:cope:

--- Added 1/15/2011 at 10:06 PM ---

How were the ratbird fans there? prob *******s and dickwads, hope they regreted going to the game/

actually they were pretty decent...we ran into a bunch crossing the clemente bridge, one knucklehead with his head dyed purple ...they were pretty cordial...i can't say how the rest were but those around me were pretty quiet (and there were quite a few ratturd fans in attendence today), even when they were up at halftime...i guess they knew it wouldn't last:tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2011, 12:11 AM

Sorry misunderstood your post........I never attended a post-season game yet....I have been to Three Rivers Stadium and Heinz Field for Steelers game but it was regular season.....I'm hoping no lock-out next year and the Steelers reach the Super Bowl next year since the Super Bowl is in Indy....I only live 3 hours from Indy......Plan on to save some money to buy a ticket....I don't need an hotel room....lol

Would love to see the Steelers Super Bowl live.....

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-16-2011, 12:15 AM
the best playoff run was in 2005 all of those games are at the top as they were all hard fought and could easily have gone the other way. that is 3 at the top and now i'll definitely put this one in there. at the half i thought we were finished for sure. at the end of the 3rd qtr. i felt we were going to pull off the win in ot. pleased as hell for this hair raiser.