PDA

View Full Version : You have to play till the whistle (Fumble/TD in 1st quarter)

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Was that about the weirdest play you ever saw? Triplett runs to see where the ball is, no whistle is blown and everybody is standing around. No whistle blew and the ball is just laying there. Granted 21 players on the field thought the play was over, but it bit us in the rear end because we made the cardinal mistake. Cory Redding was the only one who was thinking that time.

You can't stop playing till you hear a whistle. That one really vaulted the Ravens into a frenzy for the rest of the half. The crowd was stunned, complete silence after that.

steelersbabex25
01-15-2011, 09:04 PM
The only thing I can really say about that is :cursin:

If there was a c'mon man segment for the playoffs, this has got to be #1. Actually, this has got to be #1 for the entire year. The biggest :duh: I've ever seen.

Scorp
01-15-2011, 09:05 PM
WTF were they thinking? Just standing around like bumps on a log. Oh well, the game is over. Steelers win.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Wolf, Tunch, and Joe are talking about it right now on cooler talk. You can't blame this one on Foster alone for not jumping on it, but as an OL you have to be aware when a ball in on the ground u jump on it. 10 other Steelers had the chance to grab it too.

You can bet they won't make that mistake again!

Scorp
01-15-2011, 09:08 PM
They better not. I don't think they will. That is a once in a lifetime mistake.

steelersbabex25
01-15-2011, 09:10 PM
It's like Wallace not waiting for the Heath block. It can only happen once, and then you learn.

LatrobePA
01-15-2011, 09:11 PM
It's funny how this is the first thing you learn in pee wee football but it almost cost our pro team the game...Oh well, we f'n won, holysh!t we won!! lol

Scorp
01-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Even pros make costly mistakes. But they learn from it and capitalize. Hey Latrobe? We won man!!!!!

jd1000
01-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Yep...but I noticed later on in the game when there was a loose ball after the whistle how our guys jumped on it. Lesson learned and most importantly...game over and won. We won't see that mistake again for a very long time.

JD from Utah:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2011, 09:36 PM
It's like Wallace not waiting for the Heath block. It can only happen once, and then you learn.

Then Heath whiffed on the block anyways. Either way he was done, damn dude is so fast he can't wait for blockers! LOL

All I could of when that TD happened was, we can't let the season end like this. Somebody has to make a play somewhere!

MattyVfromCT
01-15-2011, 09:40 PM
honestly there isnt one play i can ever remember that pissed me off more than that one. that could have very well cost us the game

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Was that about the weirdest play you ever saw? Triplett runs to see where the ball is, no whistle is blown and everybody is standing around. No whistle blew and the ball is just laying there. Granted 21 players on the field thought the play was over, but it bit us in the rear end because we made the cardinal mistake. Cory Redding was the only one who was thinking that time.

You can't stop playing till you hear a whistle. That one really vaulted the Ravens into a frenzy for the rest of the half. The crowd was stunned, complete silence after that.

the refs knew it and were having fun with it in there head for sure. just imagine if you were the ref and watched this unfold before your eyes. you probably couldn't believe what you were seeing. i know i couldn't.

Phenomenal TJ
01-15-2011, 09:54 PM
That was the most ridiculous play of the year.

franchise3
01-15-2011, 10:05 PM

Except he did it against the Jets

--- Added 1/15/2011 at 09:05 PM ---

But didn't you guys think it was fumble as soon as it happened? I knew it right away but I thought there must have been a whistle since everyone stopped. I was expecting the red flag from Ravens challenging an incomplete pass call... Unbelievable.

Phenomenal TJ
01-16-2011, 12:20 AM
Yeah, I figured there was a whistle when everyone stopped.

DanRooney
01-16-2011, 03:06 AM
Wallace played a pretty ****** game today. Even Dookie scores on end around with that much space. He also went down pretty easily on his other receptions.

Bucsfan4ever
01-16-2011, 08:18 AM
Sure fooled me! I didn't realize it was a fumble and a live ball. Crazy play but glad it didn't matter in the end!

Real Deal Steel
01-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Even though we won, we must PLAY UNTIL THE WHISTLE BLOWS going forward.

We can't afford to have that happen and expect to win next week.

steelersbabex25
01-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Looking back at it, it's kind of funny, just cause we won. I don't know about everyone else, but after that happened it was just like a wow moment. Like the football gods really don't want us to win this game. Maybe they just wanted us to get our asses in gear for the second half :lol: