PDA

View Full Version : AFC Championship: Steelers vs ?

Scorp
01-15-2011, 09:02 PM
No matter who they end up facing. May it be the Jets or the Patriots the Steelers can and must not play like they did against either of these teams. Well, play like they did in the 1st half anyway.

Steelers lost to both of these teams and redemption in the AFC Championship game would be just as sweet as going to the Super Bowl. I feel they will have to step up their game and be ready.

steelersbabex25
01-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Pats. No doubt.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Unless the Jets play the game of their lives, there is no question it's going to be the Pats. All I can say is, thank goodness we have an extra day to rest after this one.

Scorp
01-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Steelers offense need to step up and keep Ben up. They can't always leave it on the shoulders of the defense. Overall, it was a great game and a great team effort.

harpo
01-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Aaron Smith should be back for this game, right?

jd1000
01-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Will probably be the Pats. Look, Brady is due for a bad game and while I wouldn't mind if it was tomorrow - he is due and soon. But it seems that whoever wins the AFC will be the favorite for the SuperBowl. One of the two (Atlanta and Green Bay) will be gone after tonight and I don't see the Bears or the Seahawks beating us. Atlanta would be the most problematic.

But first we gotta get there. Go Steelers!!!!

JD from Utah

Scorp
01-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Will probably be the Pats. Look, Brady is due for a bad game and while I wouldn't mind if it was tomorrow - he is due and soon. But it seems that whoever wins the AFC will be the favorite for the SuperBowl. One of the two (Atlanta and Green Bay) will be gone after tonight and I don't see the Bears or the Seahawks beating us. Atlanta would be the most problematic.

But first we gotta get there. Go Steelers!!!!

JD from Utah

His young guys will get outplayed by the Steelers. They will crumble like poorly made cookies. And Brady is always saying he takes good care of his boys (O-line). He feeds them whatever they want. Maybe he'll give them some nasty crap that will have them fold in the 2nd or 3rd qrtr in the Championship game.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2011, 09:22 PM
I know one thing, playing in Foxboro is hard. There is no question. It gets LOUD in there. You want to be at home, in the cozy confines of Heinz. That being said, the us against the world mentality is nothing to sneeze at, if we have to go there and win then that's what we gotta do!

steelersbabex25
01-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Aaron Smith should be back for this game, right?

Doubtful.

Scorp
01-15-2011, 09:26 PM
I know one thing, playing in Foxboro is hard. There is no question. It gets LOUD in there. You want to be at home, in the cozy confines of Heinz. That being said, the us against the world mentality is nothing to sneeze at, if we have to go there and win then that's what we gotta do!

It's our time BRC. It's Stiller time. :cope:

Farrior Fan
01-15-2011, 09:32 PM
J E T S Lets go Jets

Here is why they can win: They beat the Pats early in the year. The Pats peaked too early

Scorp
01-15-2011, 09:34 PM
J E T S Lets go Jets

Here is why they can win: They beat the Pats early in the year. The Pats peaked too early

They seem to always do that. We need to get that punk *** brady monkey off our back. It will be a much, much sweeter victory.

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Part of me wants to play at home vs the jets because it more likely we'll win. But part of me wants to shut up the Pats on thier field.

Phenomenal TJ
01-15-2011, 09:56 PM
We're going to be heading to New England more than likely. Not unfamiliar AFC Championship game territory, but we don't fair all that well in those situations. So, it's time to re-write history. We win a Super Bowl this year, and we've got a second Steelers dynasty.

Scorp
01-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Either way i hope Brady has a bad day. Tomorrow or in the Championship game.

Phenomenal TJ
01-15-2011, 10:01 PM
I hope he has bad days on both of them. ;)

Scorp
01-15-2011, 10:04 PM
A horrible, never ending nightmare in the Championship game.

Phenomenal TJ
01-16-2011, 12:21 AM
I do agree though, the competitor in me wants to play the Pats, because they're playing better football than the Jets, and to quote Ric Flair - 'To be the man, you've got to beat the man.'

Farrior Fan
01-16-2011, 01:25 AM
Every preseason we all dream of one thing - winning the SB. We have a great chance of beating the Jets at home....not so much in Foxboro. I'm gonna be cheering as hard for the Jets tomorrow as I was for the Steelers today. I could care less about redemption, revenge, etc. Just get another ring, that would tie us with NE since 2000 - revenge enough for me.

Steel Trap86
01-16-2011, 01:43 AM
I really don't see how we could be playing anybody else, but New England next weekend. The Jets might hang around, but in the end they will drop this game by at least 10 points.

T4V
01-16-2011, 02:29 AM
Hoping for a Pats-Steelers matchup. Brady/Roethlisberger, the 2 best post season QBs in the game today, and 2 of the greatest all-time.

Dean Denton
01-16-2011, 04:43 AM
It has to be the Pats. Deep down we all want it, and we want the Steelers to go into their house and beat their asses. The Steelers are due, and at some point the Steelers have to win this game. If not, it just takes away from the other 2 Sb in my eyes. The Steelers can only win if the Pats are out. This needs to change.

MattyVfromCT
01-16-2011, 07:00 AM
It has to be the Pats. Deep down we all want it, and we want the Steelers to go into their house and beat their asses. The Steelers are due, and at some point the Steelers have to win this game. If not, it just takes away from the other 2 Sb in my eyes. The Steelers can only win if the Pats are out. This needs to change.

COSIGNED ON EVERYTHING BROTHER! and not only are we due to beat them, the pats are long overdue for a bad game. they've played perfect football since early november and are due for a hiccup. and not to make excuses but the pats didnt start to pull away against us in november until keisel, timmons and ward came out of that game. we were still in that game after the first half despite how bad we played. we already had problems getting a good pass rush without smith but when keisel came out on top of harrison not being 100 % due to his back spasms we really started to fall apart. then throw in the turnovers we had and reed's missed chip shot. i think we can move the ball on their defense. their d gives up a lot of yards. and ben has developed a much better chemistry with sanders and brown than he had back on november 14th. and of course the biggest difference from then to now is how much better our secondary has played after that game. NOBODY in the media is picking up on it. NOBODY. that article on behind the steel curtain has the numbers to prove it and it amazes me that nobody in the media is talking about how our secondary is DRASTICALLY better. and it makes me smile too because nobody sees it coming. you know damn well if new england wins today (and i bet they will seeing as how much the jets ran their mouths and how much better they are than the jets anyways) they will be a huge favorite in the points spread which im hoping is a good 10-15+ points. i want to be huge underdogs because we all know how our boys play so much better in the underdog role. i hope nobody gives us a chance in hell just like when we played indy in the 05 divisional round

steelercowgirl
01-16-2011, 08:12 AM
I am inclined to agree with yall that it may be the Pats..
But as we all all & i have learned thru the years 'On any day a good team can lose & a bad one can win'..lolif it is the pats Our fellas Beter get their 'mind set' on pats aint gonna be push overs.. LOk at the game last nite,,BUT those other ol farts here like me will recall that past history of the Boys they were/are a 'Great 2nd half/ team':yellowthumb: will just wanted to post while drinkin coffee