PDA

View Full Version : Who was the real hero of this game?

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-15-2011, 09:35 PM
mendy? ben? clark? i still can't believe we pulled this off.

nuclearchihuahuas
01-15-2011, 09:38 PM
all of the above...total team win

jd1000
01-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Agree partially....gotta give it to the D.

JD from Utah

StlersGuy
01-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Our D...

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

Speeed
01-15-2011, 09:44 PM
mendy? ben? clark? i still can't believe we pulled this off.

I think it was a total team effort. That bodes well for the Super Bowl. They all stepped up!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Ryan Clark and its not close.......His strip fumble on Rice was the turning point of the game......Then his INT..........Both turn overs led to Steelers TDs........James Harrison would be 2nd.........

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-15-2011, 09:52 PM
how about MT his self? He kicked the teams *** during halftime i'd bet.

Scorp
01-15-2011, 09:53 PM
TEAM. TEAM. TEAM.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Ryan Clark and its not close.......His strip fumble on Rice was the turning point of the game......Then his INT..........Both turn overs led to Steelers TDs........James Harrison would be 2nd.........

I couldn't agree more bro, if Clark doesn't strip that and then come up with the INT we don't win this game. Big players come up big in big games. Hines Ward made clutch catches, Heath made clutch catches, Ben delivered the ball on the mark to Brown to seal the win. Harrison with the sacks, Hood with the big pressures, Mendy with 2 hard TD runs. Many choices but Clark is a big one.

steelersbabex25
01-15-2011, 09:55 PM
The D played completely lights out in the second half. And in the first half the only reason the Ravens put up 21 was because of turnovers. But I have to agree, Ryan Clark is my DPOG.

On the offense, it's hard to pick. I want to say Ben, but really it shouldn't go to him. He did what he needed to do, but he had a lot of bad throws and missed players, although I do realize he was hindered by the BA handcuffs. My OPOG would probably be Mendy or Sanders..I'm not really sure.

Farrior Fan
01-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Sushi...awesome tackle

mcfly06
The whole team we came together at the right time..

steelersbabex25
Sushi...awesome tackle

And missed field goal...?

Farrior Fan
01-15-2011, 10:16 PM
I was kidding with the sushi comment...but it was a nice tackle

scott0326
01-15-2011, 10:19 PM
The whole defense.. along with an assist to Ben. Both were equally important to winning and it was a huge team effort.

steelersbabex25
01-15-2011, 10:25 PM
I was kidding with the sushi comment...but it was a nice tackle

Oh :hehheh: I was gonna say, what are you smokin? It was an awesome tackle for a kicker though, I'll give him that.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2011, 10:50 PM
I couldn't agree more bro, if Clark doesn't strip that and then come up with the INT we don't win this game. Big players come up big in big games. Hines Ward made clutch catches, Heath made clutch catches, Ben delivered the ball on the mark to Brown to seal the win. Harrison with the sacks, Hood with the big pressures, Mendy with 2 hard TD runs. Many choices but Clark is a big one.

We all were talking X-Factors before the game well Ryan Clark was the X-Factor today.......Ward, Ben, Miller, Brown, Sanders, Harrison, Woodley, Ike, Hood all made plays but Ryan Clark was that heart that kept the team together and his big plays brought the team back from the depths of defeat.......I swear Clark looked like 43 today with the big plays....lol

steelersbabex25
01-15-2011, 10:54 PM
We all were talking X-Factors before the game well Ryan Clark was the X-Factor today.......Ward, Ben, Miller, Brown, Sanders, Harrison, Woodley, Ike, Hood all made plays but Ryan Clark was that heart that kept the team together and his big plays brought the team back from the depths of defeat.......I swear Clark looked like 43 today with the big plays....lol

Speaking of 43..I never saw him except for when he was whiffing on tackles.

franchise3
01-15-2011, 10:57 PM

Exactly my thoughts

Phenomenal TJ
01-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Clark was playing the Polamalu role today.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2011, 11:02 PM
Speaking of 43..I never saw him except for when he was whiffing on tackles.

Yea Troy was off today for sure..........I'm usually very critical of Troy since I always expect greatness......But I'm cutting him some slack with his ankle and maybe being somewhat rusty.......I hope the Jets pull off the miracle tomorrow.......But if it ends up the Steelers going to New England the entire team from Ben to Troy must avoid the mistakes and slow start of today....That type of start won't cut it against the Pats in New England.....

steelchamp204
01-15-2011, 11:06 PM
I gotta go off the limb here. Ima go with Brown, being a rookie and asking him to come through on that huge catch was CLUTCH. But its him and clark

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Brown made the play of the year so far no doubt when you factor in it was huge in the Steelers advancing......Clark was just the heart and soul of the team today.........James Harrison was a man possessed today as well........But Clarks plays turned the game around.....

steelchamp204
01-15-2011, 11:22 PM
Brown made the play of the year so far no doubt when you factor in it was huge in the Steelers advancing......Clark was just the heart and soul of the team today.........James Harrison was a man possessed today as well........But Clarks plays turned the game around.....

Cant argue here, hopefully if they play the pats they play like they did in the second half.

K Train
01-16-2011, 12:29 AM
its nice that troy plays one of the worst games of his career and everyone else plays out of their minds

steelersbabex25
01-16-2011, 12:31 AM
its nice that troy plays one of the worst games of his career and everyone else plays out of their minds

Everyone else had to play out of their minds to pick up the insane amount of slack that Troy left out there.

steeldoc
01-16-2011, 12:33 AM
Clark, Ben and Tomlin for keeping it all together when it looked grim at the half. Harbaby will whine just like his team for weeks. Tomlin has this team under his thumb. It was fitting that Housh dropped that last pass...all he did was whine all year about not getting touches, meanwhile our freaking 6th round pick makes the catch of his career to send the Ravens home.

JensK
01-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Im thinking Mike Tomlin. one of the best turnarounds i've seen be a team for quite some time!

Also, Ike Taylor had one of his best days ever.

steelerjames
01-16-2011, 09:50 AM
:imho: BROWN MADE THE KEY PLAY OF THE GAME:clap::clap:

Troyisabeast_43
01-16-2011, 10:15 AM
You can definitely say Brown and Clark but Im still going to stick with Ben Roethlisberger. There is no other QB in this league that has the guts to throw that ball deep like that to a rookie receiver on 3rd and 19 with the game on the line...Ben just has a knack for greatness and he always seems to find a way when the chips are down to come through and he did it once again in a huge way last night...Just another chapter added to the legend of number #7...This guy is truly a special special player...

jpele
01-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Clark certainly stood out, Harrison had 3 sacks 2 passes defensed and how bout Ziggy a sack a qb hit and was third on the team in tackles.

On the other side of the ball Ben was Ben, Ward had 2 important catches and then we have our 2 rookie receivers who were outstanding. Let's not forget BA as much as I dislike him,he didn't kill us with the play calling. ( Probably because Ben took over when it mattered )

Just too hard fore me to choose one player.

Nolrog
01-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Bruce Arians, for his efforts to keep time on the clock by throwing the ball (incomplete) instead of running time off the clock and making Baltimore use their TOs. Great effort there.

#sarcasm

Prosdo
01-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Hands down its Ryan Clark. He had a huge game. 2 crucial turnovers that changed the momentum to our favor.

SteelDad
01-16-2011, 11:47 AM
In my book, it was the crowd and the adjusments by LeBeau.

Stlrs4Life
01-16-2011, 11:48 AM

Exactly, momentum shifted right there.

DIESELMAN
01-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Total team effort, especially by our defense. Great game!!!

Real Deal Steel
01-16-2011, 12:09 PM
The defense was great the majority of the game. The turnovers by the offense is what gave the Ravens the points they got. If you look at the total yards by the Ravens offense for the game, they did absolutely nothing!!

Ravens offense never really showed up. And the supposed "difference maker" in Aquan Boldin never showed up. The secondary really put a freakin blanket on the Wide recievers. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

pimplydan
01-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Yes ,the legend of 7 , Clark ,Mendy , Tomlin , Brown ,
The chips fell like the chips had to fall , we are talking about a TEAM of champions . We saw the display of a championship team doing whatever it takes to win a big game . Now we have 2 more to go . Sit back and enjoy .
I have the roar of the engine that plays at heinz field in my head right now ,I'm ready for the next one .
You here me?

Real Deal Steel
01-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Bruce Arians, for his efforts to keep time on the clock by throwing the ball (incomplete) instead of running time off the clock and making Baltimore use their TOs. Great effort there.

#sarcasm

We continue to win in spite of Arians. He's a complete idiot. I want us to bring back a fullback int he offense next season. With Wallace, Brown, Sanders and Miller, we have enough weapons around Ben that should allow us to have a fullback to open some serious holes for Mendy.

--- Added 1/16/2011 at 10:12 AM ---

Clark certainly stood out, Harrison had 3 sacks 2 passes defensed and how bout Ziggy a sack a qb hit and was third on the team in tackles.

On the other side of the ball Ben was Ben, Ward had 2 important catches and then we have our 2 rookie receivers who were outstanding. Let's not forget BA as much as I dislike him,he didn't kill us with the play calling. ( Probably because Ben took over when it mattered )

Just too hard fore me to choose one player.

You have to say Clark was the one. Clark brought us back from the brink. Clark showed the whole Steeler nation that there is ANOTHER safety on this team too. :yesnod:

Clevelandsux
01-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Antonio Brown is the hero. Sweet catch. But the defense played a whale of a game.

steelersbabex25
01-16-2011, 01:38 PM

#sarcasm

And I have to say that the choice to throw the ball on first and goal with 2 minutes left on the clock was just pure genius. One of the best play calls from him that I've seen all season.

And by best I mean worst. And by genius I mean absolute dumbass.