PDA

View Full Version : It's all good in the Ziggy "Hood"

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2011, 09:23 PM
The last half of the season has been Hood's coming out party. Today, he turned it on like we have not seen this year yet. You cannot say enough about how improved this kid has been. He's learning every week and he's becoming an impact player. Looks like that pick we used on him last year might not have been the flop that K Train though it was. LOL!!!

nuclearchihuahuas
01-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Hood definitely came to play today! He stepped up like never before. I am now glad I recorded this game and will keep it forever!:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

HUNT4SEVEN
01-15-2011, 09:35 PM
ZIGGY earned sum respect today he's getting better, we have to remember that AS and BK were not stars either earlier in there careers, i hope he can build off of this and continue to grow GO STEELERS:tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2011, 09:48 PM
The light bulb has been going on for Ziggy Hood....Really he has played well the 2nd half of this season and played well today......

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2011, 09:50 PM
That light bulb couldn't have come on at a better time today. We needed everybody today and Hood was no exception. For him to play like this, you can't say enough of his dedication to improving his game. It gives me hope for our DL after guys like Aaron Smith retire.

steelersbabex25
01-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Aaron Smith who? :hehheh: Just kidding, I won't go that far.

LatrobePA
01-15-2011, 10:01 PM
The dude has turned it on in a big way!!

jd1000
01-15-2011, 10:03 PM
He has definitely come on. I think Ziggy needs to pass some pointers on to Chris K. Should have been flagged for two late hits and the last one he did get flagged for could have been costly. Coach T needs to get in his kitchen about that.

JD from Utah

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2011, 10:21 PM
The dude has turned it on in a big way!!

I'm so waiting for Ktrain to post in this thread! :lol:

J/K bro, I know you're all good Train!

In all seriousness though, the defensive line this year has been stellar overall, each guy has stepped up to make the plays.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2011, 10:57 PM
I wasn't the hugest fan of the Hood pick either but I was all for letting the guy prove me wrong.....Really I can't complain about the guy at all since I do see improvement from him......It took years for Aaron Smith and Brett Keisel to learn the 3-4.....Granted that Hood was a first round pick and Smith/Keisel were late round picks so expectations were higher for Hood at first.......But in my opinion Hood is becoming a solid 3-4 DE....Not Aaron Smith like but I feel he wasn't a wasted pick.......

steelchamp204
01-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Gj to ziggy and woodley, both stepped up and how amazing was it to watch that second half defense?

franchise3
01-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Maybe he is not a bust after all... Great job Ziggy!!!

K Train
01-16-2011, 12:18 AM
he absolutely played out of his mind....respect

steelersbabex25
01-16-2011, 12:32 AM

Mad respek :yellowthumb:

Phenomenal TJ
01-16-2011, 01:13 AM
Gettin' Ziggy Wid It had a nice little coming out party.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2011, 02:05 AM

crazy man.......But Hood has been looking solid.....Hey I'm not saying he will be great but he might just be figuring this 3-4 DE out......The Steelers need his youthful legs along that DL.....Not just for this year but in future years......

igor0190
01-16-2011, 02:08 AM

Gotta love seeing K-Train post this... I mean clearly there is potential in Ziggy and he's such a hard worker hopefully he comes around and becomes a FORCE!

:banana:

pimplydan
01-16-2011, 02:45 AM
I loved Ziggy from the get go!!! The highlights of him in college were amazing ,he was the defensive end with the relentless motor , never giving up on a play . He's the type of player the steelers look for ,one with HEART !

PIMP

JensK
01-16-2011, 09:26 AM

Considering putting this in my sig :lol:

no really, he played his best game ever. He is still not getting enough push on those 3 and short runs, but other than that he was great all game long.

coldrolled
01-16-2011, 09:55 AM

our defense has a 60 yard rushing average per game, #1 in the nfl, best ever, we hold the ravens to 35 yards rushing... and hood played most of the year... hello... hood has been playing fine all year...

silly... but we had 93 yards in penaltys and flacco had 91 yards passing.......

Troyisabeast_43
01-16-2011, 10:09 AM
Ziggy was huge in this game and was really an unsung hero in this game and a big reason on defense why the Steelers made all the huge defensive plays in the 2nd half to get back into and win the game...I think it's finally safe to say Ziggy is ready to step up to the plate and take over for Aaron Smith once he retires...Ziggy was an absolute beast last night...

Real Deal Steel
01-16-2011, 12:29 PM
The light bulb has been going on for Ziggy Hood....Really he has played well the 2nd half of this season and played well today......

Ziggy seems to have picked up that deep down determination that I see Woodley display. Hood is making us all happy we have him on the team now. Another great draft selection by YOUR Pittsburgh Steelers!!

Callax
01-16-2011, 12:33 PM
I'm glad to see that the light has come on and that when A S retires, we won't be hurtin on the DE position.

Phdboy2020
01-16-2011, 04:04 PM
I agree, he played his best game as a Steeler. I admit, I was critical of him when we drafted him with the 32nd pick considering we could have gotten guys like Pat Chung or Jarius Bryd to add depth to our secondary. Both those guys went in the early second round. I am proud to have Ziggy on my team, but I do hope he can continue to play at this level in the future. Kinda seems like he got his swagger back. Thats good b/c we r prolly goin to need it in the AFC Championship. Go Steelers!!!!

tburg68
01-16-2011, 11:11 PM
Evander seems to finally be improving and making an impact.

steelchamp204
01-16-2011, 11:23 PM
man no need to callout, we already have a thread on this.

K Train
01-17-2011, 01:43 PM
our defense has a 60 yard rushing average per game, #1 in the nfl, best ever, we hold the ravens to 35 yards rushing... and hood played most of the year... hello... hood has been playing fine all year...

silly... but we had 93 yards in penaltys and flacco had 91 yards passing.......

this is just wrong....he was not playing well all year, the rush d being legendary without smith was because of timmons and his top level play, hood was pretty terrible all year. no doubt about it though he was relentless and made a huge impact in the ravens game though

WindyCityShaker
01-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Huge game for the kid and just what I was hoping to see from him in terms of motivation, focus, execution, and heart. Obviously a lot of other players had huge games for us, JH, BR, too many to mention, but I was so impressed with Hood I felt he deserved an additional ironman vote.:helmet:

greennick
01-21-2011, 06:11 PM
He really is getting better:

The team finished the regular season 7-3 without Smith. Its top-ranked run defense gave up 63.8 yards per game with Smith and 62.1 with Hood, an amazing statistic because Smith is known as a peerless 3-4 run-stopping defensive end. Overall, the defense gave up 36 fewer yards per game with Hood.

"He's been getting better every week, but I thought the last game was his best game," Farrior said.

The 31-24 playoff win against the Baltimore Ravens Saturday.

"He was all over the place," Farrior said. "He played good fundamental football. He had to play that way for us to win."

Hood was a big part of a defensive effort that limited the Ravens to 126 yards, 28 in the second half. He sacked quarterback Joe Flacco on the Ravens' next-to-last play, forcing a fourth-and-18 that the Ravens failed to convert when wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh dropped Flacco's pass. It was the third consecutive game in which Hood had a sack.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11021/1119481-66.stm

Good to see Hood's play being recognised...

Goodfrom55
01-21-2011, 06:35 PM
COuld it be that our little Ziggy is growing up? He picked a great time to do it.