PDA

View Full Version : That was championship caliber defense right there!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Check out these stats ladies and gentlemen, for the second half.

Ravens had 28 total yds of offense in the 2nd half. 3 Sacks, 1 INT, 1 Fumble. The run was totally shut down. The secondary completely took out Bouldin and Mason from the equation. Heap made some yards but we expected he would.

When you come up big like that, and unleash Blitzburgh Hell the sky is the limit! Thank you Coach Dad for bringing the heat and letting the team loose against the Ravens in a game like this. Renegade was in full swing. The defense was feeding off the crowd. Flacco crumbled under the pressure and they had no chance.

The defense took Bouldin completely out of the game and Mason was a non factor too. Mission accomplished.

nuclearchihuahuas
01-15-2011, 08:22 PM
OH HELL YEA! The defense was totally on in the second half! The offense stepped up too! I cannot believe how they pulled it together after that epic failure in the 1st half. I am so proud of this team, I could bust!:clap::clap::clap::clap::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt 02:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2011, 08:25 PM
I couldn't be more proud either, to see this team down so bad and seemingly on the ropes and then to respond like they did. You just can't have it unfold any better than that. Harrison was a monster today with 3 sacks. Wood and Ziggy were everywhere today! Eason stepped up, and Ike Taylor was monster today.

Clark was money, Farrior was leading the charge. This was a total team effort and everyone on that field made atleast 1 big play to help win the game.

nuclearchihuahuas
01-15-2011, 08:27 PM
And the best part is Harbaugh is whining in the post game interview! He gave us credit but it is just killing him. Love it!

HUNT4SEVEN
01-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Yes it was way to step up to the plate Defense we still have to fire BA because with him as our OC we won't beat the Cheaters playing like this...

jd1000
01-15-2011, 08:38 PM
BlitzburghRock you are my Godfather and I couldnt agree with you more. :yellowthumb:

JD from Utah

coach
01-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Yes it was way to step up to the plate Defense we still have to fire BA because with him as our OC we won't beat the Cheaters playing like this...

:yellowthumb: Yup. He again showed no adaptability. Had we not hit that bomb, in Q4, I can only imaginr the chatter in here.

Why can't we throw a short pass? I am beyond stunned.

steelersbabex25
01-15-2011, 09:00 PM
First half no, second half defense is the reason we won the game, obviously.

I said the one thing they needed to do most in this game to win was to contain Rice. And they did it 100%. Rice's longest rush/reception was what? Like 9 yards?

Speeed
01-15-2011, 09:02 PM
The Ravens still have not given up a single TD in the 3rd quarter - they gave up two!

Scorp
01-15-2011, 09:03 PM
That was championship caliber defense right there!

When do we get to say that about the offense?

harpo
01-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Rice's longest rush/reception was what? Like 9 yards?

I think that touchdown run was 12 yards, if i'm not mistaken.

steelersbabex25
01-15-2011, 09:12 PM
I think that touchdown run was 12 yards, if i'm not mistaken.

Yeah I guess so. Either way, 12 yards would have been by far his longest rush, and he only did it once. So take that Rice :bigfinger:

harpo
01-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Yeah I guess so. Either way, 12 yards would have been by far his longest rush, and he only did it once. So take that Rice :bigfinger:

Well said... :lol:

Scorp
01-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Ray rice fumbling after 405 carries. That was sweet.

Phenomenal TJ
01-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Anyone else think that Suggs was about to burst into tears in his post-game? Made my night.

I absolutely loved seeing Hood and and Timmons jack Flacco up too. And Boldin's -2 yards was lolworthy.

steelersbabex25
01-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Anyone else think that Suggs was about to burst into tears in his post-game? Made my night.

I absolutely loved seeing Hood and and Timmons jack Flacco up too. And Boldin's -2 yards was lolworthy.

He should after all that trash talk. He looks like a damn fool.

Long Island Steel
01-15-2011, 09:56 PM
2nd half defense was as good as it gets....with an assist to Boldin ;)