PDA

View Full Version : Rice fumble was the turning point

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2011, 08:08 PM
That fumble by Ray Rice was the without a shadow of the doubt the game changer! Before that the Steelers were dead in the water and no emotion left. That fired up the defensive onslaught and the offense took over from there.

After we watched our 7-0 lead disintegrate and everything go south for rest of the half and into the 3rd quarter there was no bigger play that could have happened than that. Rice never fumbles, something like 400 attempts without a fumble! Woodley has a knack for recovering fumbles in big games like this. Great heads up play and just what we needed.

steelersbabex25
01-15-2011, 08:09 PM
Definitely. The first turnover to be followed by many for the Ravens, eventually led to their demise. All I have to say is, HAH. Can't wait to watch the post game shows.

nuclearchihuahuas
01-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Rice fumbling was definitely the turning point! If he hasn't fumbled in over 400 carries then maybe Brady will throw a critical pick tomorrow!

jd1000
01-15-2011, 08:16 PM
HELL YEAH GO STEELERS! :tt02:

JD from Utah

nuclearchihuahuas
01-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Cannot believe this post game interview by Flacco...what a baby..only 126 total yds of offense for the rats and he cannot give any credit to the Steelers for being better? Wow! What a total loser. where is JoeFlacco says hi now?

coach
01-15-2011, 08:24 PM
I don't disagree, but Steeelrs need to be congratulated for winning divison. If this game was played in Baltimore, think about how many things could have gone wrong. I choose to believe that winning the division was the real turning point; but I don't disagree with your point regarding today's game. I am just not willing to credit them with anything. When you go up 21=7 against the Steelers, and lose, your game plan sucked.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2011, 08:30 PM
Being on Twitter and FB all game long as well as here in the game day thread, when that Rice fumble happened everything turned around. Seeing this team make the greatest comeback in Steelers playoff history, I am proud to say I was watching it.

In a game like that turnovers were key, we all knew it. You just can't fumble in a situation where you are that close to putting it away with a good drive.

HUNT4SEVEN
01-15-2011, 08:42 PM
That and the @$$ rippin Tomlin gave them at half time

nuclearchihuahuas
01-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Ben was totaly class in the post game interview. He gave credit to the entire rats team and named Suggs and Flacco and gave them respect. Too bad they could not do the same. LOSERS!

steelersbabex25
01-15-2011, 08:46 PM
Ben was totaly class in the post game interview. He gave credit to the entire rats team and named Suggs and Flacco and gave them respect. Too bad they could not do the same. LOSERS!

What did Flacco say? I had to run out, didn't get the chance to watch.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2011, 08:49 PM
agree 100 percent....Ryan Clark was the heart of the team today and really was the hero of the game.......

steelersbabex25
01-15-2011, 08:52 PM
agree 100 percent....Ryan Clark was the heart of the team today and really was the hero of the game.......

Ryan Clark was SO awesome. Great coverage, crucial pick, forced fumble, and he was always where he was supposed to be. Mad props to him.

Farrior Fan
01-15-2011, 08:52 PM
the Renegade Gods did it

harpo
01-15-2011, 09:05 PM

Not true. I saw Suggs' interview on NFL Network and he gave a lot of credit to Ben, Hines and the entire team. He said they had no one to blame but themselves.