PDA

View Full Version : Anyone as nervous as me?

steelchamp204
01-14-2011, 04:02 PM
I really dont feel confident going into this game at all, In playoffs past I felt really good about these games, but this game against bmore I dont have a good feeling. I hope we win but I think our secondary will fail us. Please someone give me some reassuring lol.

Raleigh Steel
01-14-2011, 04:05 PM
2 words:

ben roethlisberger

Root4Stlrs
01-14-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm always nervous but I think we're going to win.

LatrobePA
01-14-2011, 04:15 PM
I got a feeling (good one)....

Starting game week I look for signs all week leading up to game day.

Today at work we got in some parts, I looked at the slip, they came from Pittsburgh! You can't make this **** up!!

Steel Trap86
Maybe it's because I haven't seen the Steelers play in 2 weeks and the Ravens just won a game, but I'm a little nervous too. I don't know why either because they didn't look that great against the Chiefs. It was more KC folding up then the Ravens dominating, but these match ups always bring out the beast in both teams and I know the Ravens are gonna bring everything they got into this one to try and avenge that loss a couple years ago. Our main focus needs to be protecting Ben because the more time he gets, the more we'll stay on track. As for Flacco he needs to get thrown off his game right away. If we win the toss there's no doubt in my mind we'll defer it and put the defense out there. A 3 and out right away is what we need with constant pressure on Flacco. That Oher vs. Harrison match up is going to be a key one and Pouncey needs to keep Ngata the **** out of Ben's face whenever he is lined up against him.

Troyisabeast_43
The Ravens I believe will need to play an absolutely perfect football game I feel to win this game tomorrow and advance. I think all things being equal the Steelers have the better defense,and the better QB in Ben Roethlisberger and if both of those things show up and play like they are capable of playing the Steelers will win. I had a bad feeling as well about this game early in the week but as the week went on I got a better feeling about things I really believe the Steelers will get it done tomorrow and send the Ratbirds packing...

LarryNJ
01-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Don't worry your nerves are Fear, and what exactly is FEAR?

False
Evidence
Appears
Real

You are reading and watching too many things. Suggs and the Ravens and their BS trash talk. Writers and analyst looking for a story. It's all not real.

What is real is we have a better team, better organization, better coaches, much better fans, a better city and we will win. Sit back drink some beer and enjoy the ride!

TampaSteelGirl
01-14-2011, 04:29 PM
I"ve been so nervous all week and today is worse!!! I can't watch any NFL network, look at any NFL.com,ESPN nothing....only Profootballtalk.com to hear the embarrassing chatter of the other teams.....

I can't keep my mind on my work and I"m a bit sick to my stomach BUT I do have a good feeling about this game!!!!:tt02::tt02::tt02:

SteelCityKid5
01-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Everyone is nervous.. I think if you werent you dont care that much... hence the site Steeleraddicts.. Im nervous as well but I mean its not going to be an easy road to the Super Bowl and I knew that going in.. Just gotta hope every thing goes well for the Stees..

LarryNJ
01-14-2011, 04:44 PM
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1517/believem.jpg

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2011, 04:54 PM
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1517/believem.jpg

Well said Larry! :hail:

I'm always nervous for the playoffs, no matter who we face. Am I particularly nervous because it's the Ravens? No. It's not like we never play them so there's a ton to have to try and game plan around. It's 1 on 1, win your battle, don't give up the big play, but don't be afraid to be great.

bensshoes
01-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Nerveous? Hell no! after all the rest and preperation and the absolute beat down of the Clowns 2 weeks ago i'm not so foolish as too say this games in the bag. Its gonna be a great game Ben is poised to explode and Wallace will deliver the news "Touchdown Steelers" come on people HERE WE GO!

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-14-2011, 05:23 PM
I was really nervous earlier in the week, but my fear of losing has disappeared and I'm ready to exterminate these rats!

--- Added 1/14/2011 at 03:23 PM ---

Don't worry your nerves are Fear, and what exactly is FEAR?

False
Evidence
Appears
Real

You are reading and watching too many things. Suggs and the Ravens and their BS trash talk. Writers and analyst looking for a story. It's all not real.

What is real is we have a better team, better organization, better coaches, much better fans, a better city and we will win. Sit back drink some beer and enjoy the ride!

Best explanation I've heard.

steelersbabex25
01-14-2011, 05:31 PM
2 words:

ben roethlisberger

2 more words: Raven killer.

I'm always nervous for big games, but it's not because I don't think they're gonna win. It's because I'm SO FREAKIN PUMPED!

Big T
01-14-2011, 05:52 PM
It's just the fact that this could be the last steelers game for 7 months :(

Goodfrom55
01-14-2011, 06:02 PM
There is an eerie calm about me regarding this game for a few reasons.

1 - Ben owns the Ravens like Brady owns the Steelers (sorry but true)
2 - Ravens struggle defending the pass - lot of teams put up ginormous numbers against them (Houston, Buffalo, Atlanta).
3 - I honestly believe the Ravens defense, to a point is overrated. If the Steelers O-Line can play like they did vs Cleveland, Carolina, Cincy and the Jets (last 4 games of the season), line protected Ben very well. If they can keep the Ravens to 3 sacks or less and keep Ben upright, I believe the Steelers will win by 10 or more.

I also believe the young guns (Sanders, Wallace, and Brown) will give them Ravens fits. And then you throw in old man Ward for the gritty yards. . .Oh, and then therte's Heath Miller. Ravens have a lot to prepare for, more so than the Steelers vs the Ravens O.

If I'm the Steelers, I come out throwing early, trying to tire out Ngata, Gregg, etc. on the D-Line. With some success, that will open up the running lanes for Mendy and company.

Low scoring game favors the ravens - shootout favors the Steelers.

steelchamp204
01-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Is Carr out tommorow? because if he is then that is a huge injury for the ravens.

mwittman5
01-14-2011, 06:48 PM
heres something very re-assuring:
I'm one of the most nervous guys around, usually get nervous before every playoff game and am a nervous wreck during games, but for some reason I'm not nervous at all!

scott0326
01-14-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm nervous, but also excited at the same time, I really cant explain it..

LatrobePA
01-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Is Carr out tommorow? because if he is then that is a huge injury for the ravens.

He'll suit up but won't be near 100%. Their center is also nursing a knee, that one could be huge...

nuclearchihuahuas
01-14-2011, 07:11 PM
I admit I was a bit tentative about this game early in the week. However, after a week of listening to "analysts" praise Flacco, crown Boldin, and Deify Lewis...I am now just pissed (please pardon my direct use of language for illustrative purposes). Nervous? No, not any more; I hope Heinz field is running with purple bloody streaks by half time.

Now, feel better? I do, thanks! I needed that! :tt02:

steelchamp204
01-14-2011, 07:28 PM
I admit I was a bit tentative about this game early in the week. However, after a week of listening to "analysts" praise Flacco, crown Boldin, and Deify Lewis...I am now just pissed (please pardon my direct use of language for illustrative purposes). Nervous? No, not any more; I hope Heinz field is running with purple bloody streaks by half time.

Now, feel better? I do, thanks! I needed that! :tt02:

I cant stand the ****ing ratbirds, not 1 ****ing bit. I hope we win this **** and by 14 points or more, all I know is if we play conservative, its gonna be a close one, Arians needs to open up the playbook from play1. Our cb's better be ready tommorow and the lb's better keepy an eye out for ray rice. But im pretty sure they were watching film on th ravens before the KC game.

mwittman5
01-14-2011, 07:32 PM
I'm tired of hearing about the ravens all week and how they clobbered the chiefs. big freakn deal! the chiefs won the afc west, worst division in the AFC and maybe all of football. Boldin is being made to be the best WR in football by the "experts" and ray rice made to be some combo of adrian peterson and chris johnson by the media. All these "weapons" they have. Big freakn deal we have ben, wallace, mendenhall, miller, and sanders on offense.

Can't wait to beat those dirty ravens and see them whine full of excuses :helmet:

Goodfrom55
01-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Steelers LB's need to be aware (and I'm sure they are) that when Rice catches the ball out in the check down area, he almost always cuts back into the field of play against pursuit. Thisis where he gets his big yardage because everyone overpursues him to the outside and it leaes the middle wide open. Same thing applies to running plays. Very few of his gains were straight ahead runs; he is notorious for cutting back against the grain.

--- Added 1/14/2011 at 06:03 PM ---

damn, sure could have used spellcheck.

LatrobePA
01-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Steelers LB's need to be aware (and I'm sure they are) that when Rice catches the ball out in the check down area, he almost always cuts back into the field of play against pursuit. Thisis where he gets his big yardage because everyone overpursues him to the outside and it leaes the middle wide open. Same thing applies to running plays. Very few of his gains were straight ahead runs; he is notorious for cutting back against the grain.

--- Added 1/14/2011 at 06:03 PM ---

damn, sure could have used spellcheck.

Our OC should also know that they will play 20 yards off Wallace, set up the quick out until they start playing bump...

SteelDad
01-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Yes, since Sunday.

MattyVfromCT
01-14-2011, 10:33 PM
I really dont feel confident going into this game at all, In playoffs past I felt really good about these games, but this game against bmore I dont have a good feeling. I hope we win but I think our secondary will fail us. Please someone give me some reassuring lol.

from the raiders game thru week 17 we had the number 1 pass d in the league. lebeau changed our coverage schemes after the pats embarrassed us and right after that pats game we had the 29th ranked pass d. our league best pass d down the stretch brought our season ranking up to 12th. we'll be fine. pressure flacco and he folds like a lawn chair.

btw im nervous as hell too but im always nervous as hell for every game lol

LatrobePA
01-14-2011, 11:02 PM
Sh!t Cramps R US come game day!!

pimplydan
01-14-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm nervous too.

I tape all steeler games and this week I watched the two games vs Ravens this year . They beat us the first time and Polamalu saved the game the second time around . They almost beat us twice .

They play us real tough . Now they have that revenge factor that kicks in . Just try to imagine how much the ratbirds would love to sent us home on heinz field tomorrow .

For them it is a superbowl . We haven't played for 2 weeks and our last opponents were the Browns and the Panthers .

We can't let them throw the first punch which will get the crowd factor out . We have to kick their ..............asses from the start . Hit Flacco early and hard , get a pick6 or recover a fumble which leads to a touchdown . PIMP

fdsannie
01-15-2011, 12:36 AM
I am nervous too. My stomach is in knots. Until the game starts and I see how the Steelers come out of the gate. I hope that they come out and just dominate from the start. But please could they not make this game a barn burner! :crossfingers:

Go Steelers!

steeldoc
01-15-2011, 12:40 AM
I used to be a mess before big games, and uptight before regular season games. Now, I just stay real real busy on game days and wait until a few minutes before game time before turning on the tube. The pre game stuff is just all garbage anyway. How many hard luck rag to riches stories can one endure having been a steeler fan for over 30 years? I just wanna see the game, not the pre game drama.

chisteeler
01-15-2011, 01:29 AM
I said weeks ago that I was nervous about the ravens. Now that we are actually playing them, it just solidifies my concern. Why? Because of the law of averages. The Steelers have had their number for so long, and now I worry that our luck has run out. However, I pray that our dominance has not! Execution and penalty free football is what I pray for to advance. I do like the fact that the team has not been talking crap all week, but has taken the coarse of letting their play on the field do the talking.
I just hope that their focus is strong and determined!

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-15-2011, 04:24 AM
Calm down everyone. This team is going to perform surgery on the **** birds with dirty hack saws and rusty screw drivers . Believe.

LarryNJ
01-15-2011, 05:17 AM
Hmmm...it's 4:15 am..and I'm wide awake...I Love the Playoffs! :)

nuclearchihuahuas
01-15-2011, 09:58 AM
Calm down everyone. This team is going to perform surgery on the **** birds with dirty hack saws and rusty screw drivers . Believe.

OOOH! Fabulous graphic description! GO STEELERS!!! :tt02::tt02::tt02:

Prosdo
01-15-2011, 12:09 PM
I wouldn't say nervous, but certainly anxious. I feel like a little kid on Christmas waiting for this game!

Speeed
01-15-2011, 12:43 PM

Awesome! Let's hope. Now if we can just manage to poison more of their players . . .

On a more serious note:

I think overall we are better team. The X-factors are Ben and Troy. You never know what in the Hell Ben is capable of (or how he will do it). When we reflect upon a Steelers game, big plays Ben makes usually stand out. Sure, others do too, but usually he is that conversation.

As for Flacco, he rarely stands out as a reason for a win after a game. I still think he is a talented play maker, but just does not have that natural ability. And that is what scares me; collectively, the Ravens play solid. Where as we typically have many a roller coaster ride among defense and offense. As a result, the Ravens always keep the game close. Heap and Rice scare are real threat. I feel our weaknesses are screens and short-wide-out passes. That is where Heap and Rice excel. I am sure our D knows that.

I think both teams are going to come out looking to make big plays. My prediction is the Steelers by 12,357 points.

SteelDad
01-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Hmmm...it's 4:15 am..and I'm wide awake...I Love the Playoffs! :)

Ummm, Larry? If I had those lovely beer maidens I wouldn't be sleeping either!