PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polamalu is named AFC Defensive POY by NFL 101

harpo
01-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Polamalu named AFC Defensive Player of the Year (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11013/1117778-100.stm)

LatrobePA
01-14-2011, 01:47 PM
WOW even missing some time, that's impressive!!

Goodfrom55
01-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Well, hopefully it's only the start of his season accolades and awards - a Super Bowl MVP would be great as well.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Congrats to Troy, after the last couple years of missing so many games with injuries it's great to see him back on the field making such an impact. There is no doubt he is deserving of this award!!!

steelchamp204
01-14-2011, 02:48 PM
he should be the nfl defensive poy

LarryNJ
01-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Congrats Troy well deserved...I also agree with the others on that list.

steelersbabex25
01-14-2011, 04:33 PM
That's so awesome! I thought there was no way because of the time that he's missed.

HUNT4SEVEN
01-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Congrats Troy...:clap:

coach
01-14-2011, 08:58 PM
News report out of Pittsburgh carried by S A P:

Troy, accepting his award, said, "I would like to thank Roger for this recognition, but I couldn't have done it without all my teammates, especially James Harrison, who was beasting it all year." Goddell winced as he heard this. Troy went on to say that "the Ravens got away with a couple this year when we played in Baltimore and hopefully if the refs are going flag guys like James, they should at least pretend to be objective and throw a few against the Rats." Gooddell, not ashamed in the least, boldly said that "the refs do their best, Troy" (tongue in cheek) and slinked away just in time to put a sizeable bet down on his favorite team, the Ratbirds, before heading out to dinner with Harbaugh to discuss what his pre-game comments about the commissioner's and the league's stance on player safety should be tommorrow on national television. The over/under was 3 (number of BS calls the refs were going to make in the game). Gooddell played the over. :cursin:

Phenomenal TJ
01-15-2011, 06:14 AM
Good to see him win this one. Hopefully he comes away with the DPOTY award as well. Perhaps a Super Bowl MVP as well.

EDIT: Blog'd.

The NFL 101 Awards are given out at the end of every NFL regular season by a voting committee that consists of (you guessed it) 101 writers and broadcasters that specialize in the NFL.

This year, Pittsburgh Steelers’ star strong safety Troy Polamalu was name the AFC Defensive Player Of The Year, while the Green Bay Packers’ Clay Matthews took home the award for the NFC.

Polamalu has proven once more that he is one of the most electrifying game changers in the NFL this season, most notably stopping a Baltimore Raven’s potential scoring drive that would have sealed the game by sacking quarterback, Joe Flacco, and forcing a fumble that was recovered by outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley. The ensuing drive was, of course, capped off by a touchdown reception by running back Isaac Redman.

<More (http://steelhurtin.com/2011/01/15/pittsburgh-steelers-troy-polamalu-named-101-afc-defensive-player-of-the-year/)>

Prosdo
01-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Way to go Troy. Good for him.

K Train
01-15-2011, 12:31 PM
its not the AP award, so its not the real one