PDA

View Full Version : Foote accepts, likes situation

Scorp
01-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Larry Foote anticipated returning to the playoffs when he returned to the Steelers after one season with the Detroit Lions, but he did not plan to play so little.

A starting inside linebacker for five seasons with the Steelers and then one more in Detroit in 2009, Foote did not start a game in 2010 because both Lawrence Timmons and James Farrior stayed healthy and did not miss a game.

And that was OK by Foote.

"They told me coming in it was more long-term. Would I wish Farrior's play dropped off and he'd be gone? No. I wish I had more playing time, but those guys are playing too good."

As a sub for both, Foote had 23 solo tackles, 27 total and one sack. After last season when he became a free agent, he visited Washington and Arizona and also had interest from the New York Giants before he signed a three-year contract with the Steelers.

"I knew coming back that our chance of going to the playoffs was high."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11013/1117585-66.stm#ixzz1Ax0BznKJ

Root4Stlrs
01-13-2011, 08:40 PM
For what it's worth, I have had the opportunity to meet him twice and talk with him. I have to say he is one of the nicest, most down to earth players on the Steelers (at least of the ones I have been lucky enough to meet in person). I was very impressed with his kindness and his general pleasant demeanor. (In that regard he and LaMarr Woodley were a contrast to some of the other players around him who were there.)

HUNT4SEVEN
01-14-2011, 09:16 AM
I knew coming back that our chance of going to the playoffs was high." I hope the other FA's understand this as well:yesnod:

As a sub for both, Foote had 23 solo tackles, 27 total and one sack. After last season when he became a free agent, he visited Washington and Arizona and also had interest from the New York Giants before he signed a three-year contract with the Steelers. He played better coming off the bench giving Farrior and Timmons a breather, i don't like him but it was a good FA signing...

Larry Foote anticipated returning to the playoffs when he returned to the Steelers after one season with the Detroit Lions. U think?:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Foote has always been one of my favorites. He plays with intensity and is definitely a team first player. Listening to a recent interview with him he talked about how happy he was to come back after his 1 yr in Detroit. Larry may not be one of the best Steeler LB's of all time but he certainly deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as each of them. Besides, there's no Steeler that has had a better sack dance than Foote! (Except maybe Porter with "the boot")

MDSteel15
01-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Foote has always been one of my favorites. He plays with intensity and is definitely a team first player. Listening to a recent interview with him he talked about how happy he was to come back after his 1 yr in Detroit. Larry may not be one of the best Steeler LB's of all time but he certainly deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as each of them. Besides, there's no Steeler that has had a better sack dance than Foote! (Except maybe Porter with "the boot")

:plus1: :bunny: