PDA

View Full Version : Steel Hurtin': Mike Wallace: Key Factor Against The Baltimore Ravens

Phenomenal TJ
01-13-2011, 01:43 AM
Mike Wallace, as I've said countless times before is soon to find himself among the league's best wide receivers. He's not far off, especially with his ridiculous yards per reception average of 21. The thing that makes it so special, is that he's putting up that high average with 60 catches on the year, and he never caught a pass long than 56 yards.

Whereas, with most high average's per reception, you're going to see one, if not a few long bombs of 70+ yards. But, with Mike Wallace, there is legitimate receptions of 20-40 yards on a regular basis. So, many of those, in fact, that he, along with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger managed to break a Steelers record set by two Hall Of Famers, by connecting eight times for scores of at least 40 yards.

<More (http://steelhurtin.com/2011/01/13/mike-wallace-key-factor-for-pittsburgh-steelers-against-baltimore-ravens/)>

SteelCityKid5
01-13-2011, 12:31 PM
I am be no means a homer but I do feel that Wallace for some reason is gonna get behind Ladarius Webb in this game. He's gotten past him before but the ball has been either short or too long. Webb had a nice break up in the first meeting but I dont think he'll be able to keep Wallace contained in this one. Look for Wallace to have at least one deep ball possibly for a TD.

roosterray
01-13-2011, 12:36 PM
This is the one matchup he needs to start showing excellence. Holmes seemed to always have a 100yds and a TD vs the Ravens.

Its time to get to the next level. It took Holmes 3 yrs to be dominant. Wallace is almost there in 2.

HUNT4SEVEN
01-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Remember that Ben was out this year for 4 games, so him and Wallace didn't get to gel together during OTA's and preseason like they should have, now Ben has seemed to have his rhythm back and him and Wallace will do great things in the playoffs this year, and will be probably the most dangerous combo next year in the NFL...

DIESELMAN
01-13-2011, 12:53 PM
I am be no means a homer but I do feel that Wallace for some reason is gonna get behind Ladarius Webb in this game. He's gotten past him before but the ball has been either short or too long. Webb had a nice break up in the first meeting but I dont think he'll be able to keep Wallace contained in this one. Look for Wallace to have at least one deep ball possibly for a TD.

If it's the breakup in the end zone your talking about, Webb had to fly to get in that play. Before he tore his ACL last season, Webb was running a 4.3 40. He's not the greatest CB but he is getting better and is very low key. In the 2 games against Balt this season, Wallace has 7 catches for 100 yards and 0 TD's, he is definitely due.