PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' X Factors Against The Ravens?

Phenomenal TJ
01-13-2011, 12:34 AM
Basically, what I'm asking is who are 1-3 players that you think will make the difference against the Ravens?

Personally, I'm picking Mike Wallace and Maurkice Pouncey.

Big T
01-13-2011, 12:42 AM
Roethlisberger, James Harrison (the way Hali dicked on Oher last week)

steelchamp204
01-13-2011, 01:34 AM
Im going to go off the map here, I think Sanders will have a huge game, and Ike. God I hope im right lol

--- Added 1/12/2011 at 11:34 PM ---

Roethlisberger, James Harrison (the way Hali dicked on Oher last week)

Only if Lebeua will start doing his overload blitz, well he doesnt have to on oher, but it would make the pass rush that much deadlier. the kid will literally **** himself baby.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2011, 02:21 AM
Well Troy P. is always an X-Factor when he is 100 percent healthy and on top of his game......But that is to easy so I'm going to go with Lawrence Timmons......He has the speed and the coverage to stick with Heap in coverage and can spy Rice.....Which the Chiefs had no answers for both Heap/Rice.......

bobbybelliv
01-13-2011, 02:21 AM
Troy (of course), Ben and Suisham

cmerrifield
01-13-2011, 08:04 AM
J. Scott, if he can protect Ben's blind side from the pass rush. He seemed to improve the last couple games of the season, lets just hope all this rest helps him too.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2011, 09:32 AM
I think Troy Polamalu is of course going to have a big impact, but yeah he's too easy to mention. I'll say Suisham, because we know these games are always tight and there's atleast a few FG's per team in each game. Given the strength of the defenses there's liable to be atleast one time per team where they'll have to make a decision on a long FG try or a punt.

Heath should be an X factor in the game, we know he's only ever going to get his 3-5 catches per game. If they could use him for 6-8 catches per game he'd be money every time.

The other not so obvious guy I think we could look for to have a big game is Redman. You know there are going to be a lot of short yardage situations, and him being able to convert is going to be key. He may not get 100 yds rushing every week but those 3rd and shorts or goal to go situations inside the 5 are where he shines.

SteelCityKid5
01-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Suisham and Big Ben

WindyCityShaker
01-13-2011, 12:26 PM
I guess I really look at the definition of "X-Factor" differently. To me an X-Factor is yes a game-changer, but someone who isn't a typically normal producer. These teams are so very closely balanced special teams are going to be HUGE. Therefore I nominate Sushi, Kapinos, and Brown busting out a big return or two.

If I have to pick just difference makers alone, typical productivity then I pick Ben, Troy, and you heard it here first Flacco, I have a feeling this kid is going to be huge for us.

SteelDad
01-13-2011, 02:25 PM
There are obvious X-factors every game and some that are not pegged as such each week. I really think Wallace is going to get loose a couple of times and I also think Timmons is going to make a huge play or two.

LatrobePA
01-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Sanders, Holmes used to kill the Rats with the quick slants.

Brown, 1 return for a TD or 1st and goal is enough to win the game.

Of course Wallace stretching the field!!

K Train
01-13-2011, 02:32 PM
lets take a second and reflect on woodley disappointing season.

now lets take a second and reflect on woodleys postseason dominance. at least 2 sacks in each of 4 career playoff games

LatrobePA
01-13-2011, 03:34 PM

now lets take a second and reflect on woodleys postseason dominance. at least 2 sacks in each of 4 career playoff games

Yes sir, he has been looked over and could be huge expecially if they're cracking Harrison.

steelchamp204
01-13-2011, 03:42 PM

Hopefully he shows up on saturday which i think he will, I think with suggs talking all this trash, its gonna motivate woodley to show who the best ol on the field will be. We already know harrrison is gonna destroy Oher. Just need woodley to drive into flacco and not around, because as we saw from the KC game, flacco will run if he has to. we have to keep him in the pocket and not let him get outside of our olb.

steelersbabex25
01-13-2011, 04:01 PM
On Woodley's facebook he seems pretty determined to give someone a beatdown on Saturday.

Troyisabeast_43
01-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Im going to predict that either Sanders or Brown return a kickoff or a punt for a TD in this game at some point and time...Just remember where you heard it first...

Steel Trap86
01-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Im going to predict that either Sanders or Brown return a kickoff or a punt for a TD in this game at some point and time...Just remember where you heard it first...

that would be huge :crossfingers:

HUNT4SEVEN
01-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Troy, Wallace, Sanders, and Woodley, J.Scott is the wild card if he can atleast contain Sluggs a little we will be alright:tt02: But i really expect Troy, Wallace, Sanders and Wood to step up big time Saturday...:tt02::tt02:

LatrobePA
01-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Karma will bite Suggs, he'll slip coming out of the tunnel on a Terrible Towel and twist his ankle! So my other will be the power of the TT!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Karma will bite Suggs, he'll slip coming out of the tunnel on a Terrible Towel and twist his ankle! So my other will be the power of the TT!!

The towel has proved it's worth time and time again in pressure situations, if there anything that could be an extra it's definitely the Terrible Towel. Cope would be proud indeed!