PDA

View Full Version : The Field

steelcurtain09
12-25-2006, 02:14 AM
i want somethin to bitch bout but all the other topics bout the game have been covered

i can say it simply

the field looks HORRIBLE!!!!!!

i could barely see the center logo at all

it gets torn up so much and just needs to be replaced

GET FIELDTURF AT HEINZ FIELD!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-25-2006, 02:31 AM
reference the pic of the field that I took today, and it was 10x worse by the end of the game.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p309/topguncreations/Heinz%20Field%2012-24-06/100_0883.jpg

steelcurtain09
12-25-2006, 08:06 AM
it was 10x worse halfway through the first quarter when i turned on the game

Captcoolhand
12-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Looks Bad, but what can you do when you let 10 different schools use your field:banging: :2cents:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Yeah it was so torn up players had started slipping before the first half was over, by the end of the game, the emblem in the middle was nearly gone..

AZ_Steeler
12-26-2006, 01:39 PM
looks good to me!! :D It had all the makings of a mudder game with the exception of no rain!

Even though field turf doesn't get torn up I still like the natural grass just because it adds an extra element to the game. They didn't have field turf back in the day, so it takes away from the whole nostalgic part of football if you ask me!

Steelersfan
12-26-2006, 11:37 PM
I would like it better if we didn't have a speed type RB.....lol That takes him out of his game with a torn up field.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2006, 11:57 PM
As much as I like natural grass...being in the northeast just isn't condusive to natural surfaces. Weather is too crazy, and the field is used way too much.

Hey as long as it's not astro turf anymore, Im still happy !

Captcoolhand
12-27-2006, 12:27 AM
I would like it better if we didn't have a speed type RB.....lol That takes him out of his game with a torn up field.
Don't worry:yesnod: :scratch: Wth wisdom, we all know that Parker is not the Back for this team.

Steelerlyn
12-27-2006, 05:19 AM
The field has looked terrible ever since it came into being. New England had the same problem and they installed that material that looks and feels like grass, Ford Field also has it and it always looks good. I can not understand why the Steelers' turf not only looks horrible but also is dangerous to the players. Seems like someone would do something about it but I am sure it is all about money. The first time Parker said, "I can not run on that turf as well as I know I can." Someone would do something.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2006, 06:17 AM
The Rooneys can easily afford field turf but they refuse to do it. They resod Heinz Field atleast twice a year, and it's most definately not cheap to do so. Everybody else has jumped on the field turf bandwagon but we're still playing on a crappy field in a beautiful stadium !

Friday133
12-27-2006, 08:08 AM
i dunno i kinda like the fact we have a throwback field. i like the grass, but something does need done for it to look better. denver has the same field we do, and it looks a helluva lot better.