01-12-2011, 02:30 PM
i posted this on another post but im adding to it so i'll do it here:

both 08 and 10:
12-4 record
#2 seed with a first round bye
beat cleveland in week 17 and put up 41 points on the clowns in those games
we got smacked around by the #1 seed in the regular season
the media all gushed over those #1 seeds (titans, pats) while overlooking us
we lost a game wearing our throwbacks (giants in 08, pats in 10)
both of those teams played in super bowl 42
we went into our week 17 games allowing 223 points
big ben threw 17 td's duri
oh and add troy with 7 picks on the year while ed reed had one more
we played the rats 3 times in both seasons
we lost to the defending champions in week 8 of both 08 and 10 (giants, saints)
both of those defending champs were one and done in the playoffs the following year
we had 3 pro bowlers in both 08 and 10 harrison and polamalu from both 08 and 10

any more? lol.

i just have a feeling about this season. call me superstitious but all of these similarities are very eery. i really like our chances, especially after lebeau changed our coverage schemes following the pats debacle. we went from 29th in pass d to 12, #1 in the nfl from the raiders game thru seasons closing. keep your fingers crossed steeler nation. :crossfingers:

steelersbabex25
01-12-2011, 03:51 PM
You can add "won the Superbowl" to that list...:knockonwood:

MattyVfromCT
01-12-2011, 03:57 PM
You can add "won the Superbowl" to that list...:knockonwood:

sure hoping for it lol. but seriously i really love our chances as i keep saying lol. we have a very talented team, championship experience AND HARDLY ANYBODY IS TALKING ABOUT US. many fans and media personalities are writing us off for the same reasons they wrote us off in 2008 for. let them keep talking about new england. new england has been playing perfect football since mid november. they've had 1 turnover in 2 months. they are long overdue for a hiccup and in the playoffs where you only play good teams (well except the seahawks) mistakes will happen

steelersbabex25
01-12-2011, 04:03 PM
sure hoping for it lol. but seriously i really love our chances as i keep saying lol. we have a very talented team, championship experience AND HARDLY ANYBODY IS TALKING ABOUT US. many fans and media personalities are writing us off for the same reasons they wrote us off in 2008 for. let them keep talking about new england. new england has been playing perfect football since mid november. they've had 1 turnover in 2 months. they are long overdue for a hiccup and in the playoffs where you only play good teams (well except the seahawks) mistakes will happen

I think we were more talked about in 2008 just because of the insane defense. I mean don't get me wrong, our defense now is really good. But back in 08 it was unreal, and people definitely took notice of that.

MattyVfromCT
01-13-2011, 05:41 PM
i almost forgot, daniel sepulveda being injured during both 08 and 10

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-13-2011, 05:45 PM
I feel the same way. I love our chances. Just gonna keep praying that we get #7:tt02:

btw, Matt, u makin a Ttc vid this week???

Scorp
01-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Well, we swept the ravens in 08 and lost once to them this season, but it still makes alot of sense.

Root4Stlrs
01-13-2011, 09:33 PM
i posted this on another post but im adding to it so i'll do it here:

both 08 and 10:
12-4 record
#2 seed with a first round bye
beat cleveland in week 17 and put up 41 points on the clowns in those games
we got smacked around by the #1 seed in the regular season
the media all gushed over those #1 seeds (titans, pats) while overlooking us
we lost a game wearing our throwbacks (giants in 08, pats in 10)
both of those teams played in super bowl 42
we went into our week 17 games allowing 223 points
big ben threw 17 td's duri
oh and add troy with 7 picks on the year while ed reed had one more
we played the rats 3 times in both seasons
we lost to the defending champions in week 8 of both 08 and 10 (giants, saints)
both of those defending champs were one and done in the playoffs the following year
we had 3 pro bowlers in both 08 and 10 harrison and polamalu from both 08 and 10

any more? lol.

i just have a feeling about this season. call me superstitious but all of these similarities are very eery. i really like our chances, especially after lebeau changed our coverage schemes following the pats debacle. we went from 20th in pass d to 12, #1 in the nfl from the raiders game thru seasons closing. keep your fingers crossed steeler nation. :crossfingers:

I'm almost afraid to say it but I have had these feelings since the beginning of the season. I predicted 3-1 w/o Ben and 11-5 overall so I was off by one (won both these bets with my husband-he still has to pay up). But then a couple of games after Ben came back changed to 12-4. Another guy who is at our tailgate - both of us said 12-4 - and everyone else laughed at us. Thought we were just being big homers. I'm only saying this, not to brag about how I predicted anything, but just b/c I've had a good feeling about this season from the beginning and wanted to say I hope I'm not out in left field. I just can't believe we're playing the Ravens again - I am sick of them.

MattyVfromCT
01-16-2011, 09:53 PM
and now we can ALSO add to the list, the number one seed who embarresed us during the regular season, who were favorites to win the conference (titans in 08, pats in 10) going one and done in the playoffs losing at home. im telling u guys all these omens kepp your fingers crossed im feeling it! 7th heaven baby! :crossfingers:

steelersbabex25
01-16-2011, 09:55 PM
We can also add beat the Ravens in the playoffs..not in the same round, but still.

Troyisabeast_43
01-16-2011, 09:59 PM
You can also add to the list that we played the 6 seed in the AFC Championship game in 08 in the Ravens as the 2 seed which is what we are doing as well next week seeing that the Jets are the 6 seed this year and the Steelers are the 2 seed. Plus, Rex Ryan was the defensive coordinator for the Ravens in that game in 08 and that was the last game he coached the Ravens before taking the Jets job the following week.

CoachC
01-16-2011, 10:33 PM
I thought this season had a lot of similarities, but I never thought it was that many! Good call!

MattyVfromCT
01-17-2011, 12:24 AM
You can also add to the list that we played the 6 seed in the AFC Championship game in 08 in the Ravens as the 2 seed which is what we are doing as well next week seeing that the Jets are the 6 seed this year and the Steelers are the 2 seed. Plus, Rex Ryan was the defensive coordinator for the Ravens in that game in 08 and that was the last game he coached the Ravens before taking the Jets job the following week.

it's freaky all of these omens plus the 7 and 11 factors :crossfingers:

Scorp
01-17-2011, 03:05 AM
Last time Patriots were knocked out of the divisional round the Steelers ended up going to and winning the Super Bowl. How about that?

MattyVfromCT
01-17-2011, 07:10 AM
Last time Patriots were knocked out of the divisional round the Steelers ended up going to and winning the Super Bowl. How about that?

i'm feeling it man! 7th heaven is coming! :crossfingers:

LarryNJ
01-17-2011, 07:30 AM
As a head coach Mike Tomlin wins the SB every other year.

(won both these bets with my husband-he still has to pay up).

What was the bet? And why hasn't the tight wad paid up? :lol:

steelchamp204
01-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Hye matty what happened to your vid on youtue talking aboiut the ravens in ur car. You need to send it to ravensredzone punk *** bitches lol