PDA

View Full Version : The defense has no excuse

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2006, 09:54 PM
NOT GETTING ANY SACKS TODAY. The ratbirds had a makeshift offensive line in the game and they did their job to keep McNair upright all day long. NOT 1 single sack all day. Porter should have had a field day today with that rookie OT in front of him.

We got some pressure on him and knocked him down several times but he made clutch plays again and again... :cursin:

House of Steel
12-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Our defense was very soft today. NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER. Terrible way to end the season at home for sure. :cursin: :cursin:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2006, 10:40 PM
We should have had atleast 4 or 5 sacks today but once again McNair made plays and our guys couldnt tackle.

House of Steel
12-24-2006, 10:46 PM
That is why McNair always owned us even in Tennessee and Houston as the Oilers. DAMN I HATE THAT GUY!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2006, 10:47 PM
I think his record against us is like 11-4 or some ****, the guy is a killer. Every time we knocked him down he was up throwing it the next play.

Steelersfan
12-25-2006, 08:37 AM
I've always hated playing him. He just seems to have our number. You'd think the coaching staff could find something that rattles him after as many times as we've played him.

House of Steel
12-25-2006, 09:40 AM
That the problem, the coaching staff is stuck on stupid everytime we play him. I know the forumla that would rattle his rearend and wishing he never crossed their number. Pass Rush, Pass Rush, Pass Rush. Chase the man out of the pocket as fast as you can. Point Attack and I guarantee you it will cause many turnovers. Also, the secondary has to be on their feet constantly, you can't flinch on this guy, or he will beat you everytime. Simple as that. I should coach the Steelers for goodness sakes. You would never see my team ever play or ever see my act like I wouldn't give a damn about the organization or the team playing. HELL NO!!! They will see a pissed off David Saurer on that sideline if they **** up on the field when I told them how to do it. You think Cowher was bad in his days, you haven't seen me. I would love to get into coaching.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-25-2006, 11:42 AM
The problem is our pass rush was a just a half second too late every single time. We knocked him down, pushed him around, chased him out of the pocket but the guy is cool under pressure and avoided the sack every time.

SteelCityMan786
12-25-2006, 09:20 PM
ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-25-2006, 10:45 PM
Yea I agree the pass rush sucked. But the defense kept the Steelers in the game most of the game by forcing turn overs. The offense sucked yesterday and with the offense not being able to do anything the whole day and then the offense turning the ball over in the 2nd half thats why the Steelers lost.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2006, 12:10 AM
:iagree: For everything the defense gave up on sunday they did make enough plays to keep us alive but Ben was so off the mark yesterday and running game was so bad that nothing worked with any consistency.

House of Steel
12-26-2006, 12:11 AM
Sums up how the whole season went, didn't it Matt?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Yes indeed that says it all. What plagued us in the first half of the season, ultimately became our downfall at the end. :evilshake:

TampaSteelGirl
12-26-2006, 10:36 AM
OMG! Just getting back on here...That game was awful!! Where was the D??? Troy got burned bad 2 times...He may be rusty from not playing but holy crap! Where was Joey and Keisel??? No one showed up!! I was really disappointed with this game..We made them look better than they were...They didn't play that good, we just played that bad!!! :scratch:

AZ_Steeler
12-26-2006, 01:53 PM
What is with the defense... they only show up to play the sorry teams and try and pad their shutouts! :cursin: For the defense to take that step to greatness they need to show up for 16 weeks, every week!! We all know they can do it, but it's really like the pick and choose, IMO.