PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts from Heinz Field today

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2006, 09:51 PM
The wife and I left home at 7am this morning and got to Pittsburgh by 1015. We hit almost no traffic on the way in so that was great.

We found a spot to park and then headed over to the Stadium. I got my face painted (pics to come later). I called ktrain and 32 but we kept playing phone tag so we never got a chance to hook up unfortunately.

Attendance for the game was 63,000 + if I remember right with tons of terrible towels and Steelers santa hats as far as the eye could see. Game temps were 31 degrees but the sun came out just before half time so that felt real good, we munched on some hotdogs and beer and generally had a good together being at Heinz on Christmast eve. Except for the game....

Ben was awful today, totally off and just plain out of synce with his WR's. The OL wasnt giving him any protection and Willie had less than 30 yds rushing. Ben was the leading rusher as a matter of fact, with most of it coming a long 20 yd clutch scramble. The Steeler Nation was in full force and screaming our brains out to help the defense. Even with the 3 turnovers we caused on defense the offense really did nothing at all with any consistency. The fumble that Willie did in the redzone in the 3rd quarter when we were driving, down 21-7 was the killer. yes it was a fumble although at first glance and even after the game we all thought that was sure to be overturned. Craig Wolfley was talking on the post game show of how he thought it was a fumble till he saw a great still shot by a camera man close by, who showed him that Willie's knee was literally 2 inches off the ground when the ball came loose.

That personal foul on Porter was bullshit ! Jailbait Jamal grabbed his facemask while they were down and taunted him, yet Joey got flagged for the PS.

Ben was overthrowing and wide throwing his wide outs all day long, it was just plain bad. The defense kept us in it until that fumble and by then it was too late. We had MANY opportunities to get back into this game especially at half time and into the the 2nd half, but missed opportunities and turnovers killed us again.

Troy was terrible today, he burnt twice for TD's and missed several tackles. The Ratbirds went after him all day long, and with him just getting back from injury he was not himself. McFadden was awesome today, Deshea played well too. Ike had a few pass defenses but it wasnt enough.

I was a wonderful day in Pittsburgh and we were happy to be a part of it no matter what the outcome, but suffice it to say this has really dampened my holiday mood !!!!

I took about 50 pictures that I'll post up probably sometime tomorrow night...

House of Steel
12-24-2006, 10:45 PM
You poor guy. You been through hell today. I must say at least you got to go to the most beautiful city in the country and absorb the smell of Steelers Football and the sites. I am jealous, but boy, that game was pathetic and depressing. I am sorry buddy. I wish things went much better. I ran into a Ratbird fan at a Burger Place and booed her *** out. She said, WHAT THE HELL? I said, you see what I am wearing? She said, yeah Squeelers ****. I said, Listen here you Ray Ray Lover, We are going to kill your boys. Unforunately, she got the best of me looking at the score when I got home. ME AND MY BIG *** MOUTH.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2006, 10:46 PM
Hey dude, let me tell ya..the Nation was screaming and riding the ratbird fans cases all day long! We let them know this our damn house ! Calling them everything and every name in the book, and your's truely was right up with the loudest letting them know their dumb purple asses weren't welcome here !

MRS Steelerfan
12-24-2006, 10:48 PM
Hey dude, let me tell ya..the Nation was screaming and riding the ratbird fans cases all day long! We let them know this our damn house ! Calling them everything and every name in the book, and your's truely was right up with the loudest letting them know their dumb purple asses weren't welcome here !

:bigthumb:

House of Steel
12-24-2006, 10:51 PM
ALRIGHT BUDDY!!! That is the spirit!!! Let me tell you, I would of done my fair share of cussing their asses out and seeing how big they really think they are. I am telling you now Purple is for Pussies and GayBastards. LMAO. Trust me, someday I will tell it to a Ratbird fan's face. They are so damn ugly jerseys and all. I wish I could of rant that bitch some more at that Burger Joint. That damn lowlife Ray Ray Pussy lover. I am pissed at Baltimore.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2006, 11:00 PM
Real men don't wear purple !!! Gay Ray !! Cleveland Ratbirds!! and several other obsenities that I can't mention in the open forums were being screamed all day long !

AZ_Steeler
12-26-2006, 01:35 PM
So you didn't get the big SA Member picture out in front of the stadium? The important thing is you had a good time and made it home safely... which is sounds like you did both :)

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Yeah we had a good time, it was worth it no matter what the outcome. I wish we could have gotten the picture but we just couldnt all find each other. Next year we'll make sure we set it up well in advance. We're going to have a SA draft tailgate in April so that should be a good chance to get a bunch of us together.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Top Gun I would like to come out for the draft party and hell yes some us should plan to attend a game at Heinz Field next year. Man I had a crazy weekend anyway. I left Friday and drove to PA to my visit family out there and attended the game Sunday. I should have given you my brothers cell number also since my cell died.lol

I was sitting in section 116 row B so I did get to yell some not so pleasent things to Ray Lewis before the game when he came close by to where I was sitting.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2006, 08:00 PM
That's awesome ! We were screaming "Ray Lewis blows dogs for quarters" and everybody in my section was laughing their asses off ! :lol:

We'll post up a thread probably some time closer to the draft so we can work out the details. We'll bring some coolers and our mini grill and have a big ole tailgate !

Captcoolhand
12-26-2006, 09:23 PM
:lol: :cool: