PDA

View Full Version : Heinz Red Zone in Baltimore?

jackhammer1
01-11-2011, 11:44 AM
After Christmas I was in Baltimore and had on the radio broadcast of the Ratbird game and to my surprise when they got inside the 20 it became the "HEINZ RED ZONE" for the Ravens. Well that just really pissed me off, I just thought that was exclusive to the Steelers, you know, Heinz field and all. I guess not. Every commercial break had an add for Heinz Ketchup- official ketchup of the Baltimore Ravens.... WTF! Nothing is sacred anymore. :banging:

roosterray
01-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Just like everything else, copy our management, copy our philosophy, mimick our defense, then the go out and get flacco and Cam Cameron to mimick our offense, then copy the heinz red zone. They just want to be US so bad they copy us. They have done nothing original. :) Advantage Steelers 6-1 :)

MDSteel15
01-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Next thing you know they will try and bring in a Rooney to help them out!!! :eek1:

DIESELMAN
01-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. They can duplicate but never be original.

steelersbabex25
01-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Well they already came up with their very own "terrible towel." Why not?

jackhammer1
01-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Heinz will really make out on Sunday, either team that gets inside the 20 it will be "THE HEINZ RED ZONE" Lets just hope it is the "STEELER HEINZ RED ZONE" and not the "PURPLE DOUCHE RED ZONE".

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Heinz Field is going to make deals with any team that they can get one struck with. They own the naming rights to the Heinz Field of course but that doesn't lock them into the only sports deal they can have. Heinz products are a national brand so it doesn't surprise me that other teams use them as their official this and that.

I agree it does have a bad ring to it though.

Stlrs4Life
01-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Heinz owns the rights to the name. They do it in Indy also.

jackhammer1
01-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Still pisses me off though.:evilshake:

steeldoc
01-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Yes they copy everything, it's why they are pretty good. Those lavender towels are so bush league. They do have cheerleaders and fireworks for player introductions, and we don't. I'm so proud to see that the Rooneys keep the pre game stuff pretty simple...it's about the game. But Balto. is pretty ghetto so the fluff crap that they do here is appreciated by most of these mutant fans.