PDA

View Full Version : Bill Cowher's last home game..........

Friday133
12-24-2006, 03:59 PM
god was it awful. great way to go out bill. don't let the door hit ya in the *** on the way out.

Steelersfan
12-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Awful doesn't even describe it!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2006, 09:38 PM
I'd don't hold BC responsible for this game as much as I do Ben. He was completely off today in every way shape and form. Sure some of the play calling was up for debate as always but overall we had a good game plan, the players just didnt execute it.

Bill won't wait long to make a decision at the end of year.

House of Steel
12-24-2006, 10:48 PM
If this was his last hurrah, you got to tell me this is the worse way to end your career on a buttkicking note. He has got to come back and win the Super Bowl one more time.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Listening to the post game radio shows on the way home from what Tunch and Wolf had to say from recent chats and interviews..BC has made up his mind and he won't take long to announce his decision after the season is over.

SteelersWoman
12-25-2006, 01:26 AM
I was shocked. Just shocked that the guys came out and played with about as much enthusiasm as they had during the earlier part of the season. We played the Ravens with about as much enthusiasm as the Bengals did against the Colts last week.

Steelersfan
12-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Listening to the post game radio shows on the way home from what Tunch and Wolf had to say from recent chats and interviews..BC has made up his mind and he won't take long to announce his decision after the season is over.

I would say that means he is retiring.

House of Steel
12-25-2006, 09:37 AM
Time for Russ Grimm or Kevin Whisenhunt to take over. Boy, what an offseason this is going to be, I guess the Steelers may just start to clean the house out. I am beginning to wish that Joey Porter take his thug *** out of Pittsburgh, He is all talk, no action lately, getting embrassing.

Captcoolhand
12-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Well there goes next season if BC retires:scratch: The Team will have to learn a whole new format than what they are use to with BC, IMO :2cents:

SteelCityMan786
12-25-2006, 09:21 PM
The WHOLE team is responsible for it. Teams win games, not individuals.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-25-2006, 10:21 PM
IF and I still say IF he retires, then Whiz or Grimm will be the front runners so the change may not be as bad or prolonged as it would be if we go with a new coach and whole new staff

TampaSteelGirl
12-26-2006, 10:49 AM
I just can't imagine that he could actually allow himself to go out like this!!! It's not like we have an awful team..we have so much potential..we are just playing bad...he needs to come back and rebound from this year and next year...We'll have it together with a HEALTHY QB and the rest of the Steeler boys ready to go!!!! :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2006, 10:55 AM
Im really still thinking he's going to play out this current contract and then retire or atleast reevaluate his position then. If he says he's not burnt out, still has passion,and loves coaching his players, then you'd think he'd want atleast 1 more shot...but after this season, there's so many times he just didnt seem into it so we'll see.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-26-2006, 11:27 AM
I think its time for a change I honestly I don't want Grimm or Whiz as a head coach. Especially Whiz. I thought all year his game plans have been horrilbe and his play calling and gameplan was terrible again this past Sunday.

SteelCityMan786
12-26-2006, 11:33 AM
I think Cowher will come back and try to go out with a winning season whether it's in the Super Bowl or not.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Cowher has as much if not more of a hand in the play calling and game plan than Whiz does. BC can override a play that Whiz calls at anytime. He's done it in the past and I'd bet any money he's done it this year too.

This team thrives on a players coach, a guy that can relate to them. Whiz is that guy, and I think Russ is too. I wouldnt mind seeing either one of them, if only to give them a shot and see how they do running the team on their own. We've only had 2 coaches in the last 30+ years so the Rooney's will take careful consideration in finding a new one if that situation arises.

Now Im not saying some new fresh blood wouldnt be a good thing for this team, but it very well could, but I'd honestly look for Dan Rooney to seriously consider promoting from within before anything else.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Cowher has as much if not more of a hand in the play calling and game plan than Whiz does. BC can override a play that Whiz calls at anytime. He's done it in the past and I'd bet any money he's done it this year too.

This team thrives on a players coach, a guy that can relate to them. Whiz is that guy, and I think Russ is too. I wouldnt mind seeing either one of them, if only to give them a shot and see how they do running the team on their own. We've only had 2 coaches in the last 30+ years so the Rooney's will take careful consideration in finding a new one if that situation arises.

Now Im not saying some new fresh blood wouldnt be a good thing for this team, but it very well could, but I'd honestly look for Dan Rooney to seriously consider promoting from within before anything else.

But the Rooney's struck gold when they didn't hire within the last time. I think its time for Bill Cowher to go but overall his career has been very good. So thats why I'm not so sure that the Rooney's will promote within. I would prefer to get a great offensive mind to be head coach. Sean Payton would have been nice but he is the Saints head coach.

I don't think Whiz is all that great. His schemes and gameplans have been predictable. True Cowher can override him in play calling. But I'm sure Whiz has alot of say in the gameplan and the offensive schemes.

AZ_Steeler
12-26-2006, 02:05 PM
Well there goes next season if BC retires:scratch: The Team will have to learn a whole new format than what they are use to with BC, IMO :2cents:

Hopefully, IF Cowher does retire, the Rooney's will just hire from within so there are many changes that the Steelers will have to endure. I don't think I could take another season like this one :bigthumb:

BengalBrian
12-26-2006, 02:26 PM
So noone knows anything yet? The last I heard a few weeks ago, cohwer was upset that he wasnt offered a contract extension yet.. Is that even true?

A Steelers team without BC.. That will be weird

TampaSteelGirl
12-26-2006, 02:28 PM
So noone knows anything yet? The last I heard a few weeks ago, cohwer was upset that he wasnt offered a contract extension yet.. Is that even true?

A Steelers team without BC.. That will be weird

I haven't heard myself...but I definately agree without Cowher...it's totally weird...I"d miss him alot!

Captcoolhand
12-26-2006, 03:29 PM
IF and I still say IF he retires, then Whiz or Grimm will be the front runners so the change may not be as bad or prolonged as it would be if we go with a new coach and whole new staff
I agree but when has the owners really gone out and hired within????:scratch: Even Dan was reluctant to answer comments yesterday about the future and they were asking about Hartings.
And how did Colon Play? I couldn't watch the game.
Hartings is gone, I just hope that Phillips has Learn enough to battle for the starting spot come next Training camp, because I don't think Okobe is not the answer:2cents: