PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if the Ravens will...

Troyisabeast_43
01-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Cry and whine like they did a few years back about playing the Steelers under the lights in primetime at Heinz Field and blame it on that if they lose this game. Let's face it even though this game is at 430 on Saturday the majority of this game will be played in the dark and under the lights at Heinz Field. And we all know from the past that the Ravens never beat the Steelers in primetime at Heinz Field and put a protest into the league after the Steelers won the Super Bowl in 2008 to not have anymore primetime games at Heinz Field. I wonder if they will blame it on this or protest once again when they go home on Saturday night a loser once again...

steelersbabex25
01-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Cry and whine like they did a few years back about playing the Steelers under the lights in primetime at Heinz Field and blame it on that if they lose this game. Let's face it even though this game is at 430 on Saturday the majority of this game will be played in the dark and under the lights at Heinz Field. And we all know from the past that the Ravens never beat the Steelers in primetime at Heinz Field and put a protest into the league after the Steelers won the Super Bowl in 2008 to not have anymore primetime games at Heinz Field. I wonder if they will blame it on this or protest once again when they go home on Saturday night a loser once again...

Well maybe they should have worked a little harder to beat the Steelers in their second meeting.

SteelCityKid5
01-10-2011, 11:00 PM
There is no home field advantage at Heinz Field. Not counting 08 AFC championship game... the Steelers record hasnt been good in big games at Heinz... That worries me

LatrobePA
01-10-2011, 11:02 PM
There is no home field advantage at Heinz Field. Not counting 08 AFC championship game... the Steelers record hasnt been good in big games at Heinz... That worries me

Lets hope this is the year they change that...Would be sweet to pull this one off and have the Jets win coming back here for the right to go to the SB...

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2011, 11:23 PM
The fact that this is the Ravens should give all the Steeler Nation a warm fuzzy feeling inside. We know these guys, there's no fooling each other, you go out and punch each other in the mouth until the final whistle. You outlast then at all costs and make the plays necessary to get the job done.

If the Ravens lose in Pittsburgh, they won't take the loss gracefully and with class. They will complain and pass the buck on anything or anybody they can. They always do and always will.

Real Deal Steel
01-11-2011, 01:07 AM

No..let's be specific. Our record at home in AFC championship games hasn't been good.

steelersbabex25
01-11-2011, 06:54 AM
No home field advantage? Please. This isn't a regular season game against the Jets or the Saints. This is a divisional playoff game with arguably our most hated rival. Crowd noise will come into play 100/100 times.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Being at home is HUGE advantage for us. Ratbird stadium gets very loud, the design of the complex funnels down the noise onto the field so it's harder to hear. Being in Pittsburgh, it gets loud of course and the towels are going crazy, but the main thing is the crowd will be on our side. That means when we need to hear, we can hear, especially in the red zone.

steelchamp204
01-11-2011, 09:46 AM
I wish our field was enclosed all the way around instead of habing that open end of the field, Yea Heinz field gets loud but just imagin if we would close the one end up, its not like them seat wont sell. lol

jpele
01-11-2011, 11:37 AM
I wish our field was enclosed all the way around instead of habing that open end of the field, Yea Heinz field gets loud but just imagin if we would close the one end up, its not like them seat wont sell. lol

I agree, the noise level is no where near TRS. That was a great place to watch a game

steeldoc
01-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Yes they will whine...lets see, not enough prime time games, short week because of the prime time game, the NFL hates the Ravens, how come the Steelers have so many prime time games, the refs stole the game, bla bla bla. I've heard it all here living in Baltimore. They just can't believe the size of the Steeler Nation and wonder foolishly why we won't change and wear lavender. Just an immature group of fans. The local media is just as bad, very defensive, and seldom do they write anything of substance. Just ask a Raven fan why Art Model had to move the Browns, then ask them why he had to sell the team. Most (even though they have been here a short 16 years), have no clue.

steelchamp204
01-12-2011, 01:36 AM
Yes they will whine...lets see, not enough prime time games, short week because of the prime time game, the NFL hates the Ravens, how come the Steelers have so many prime time games, the refs stole the game, bla bla bla. I've heard it all here living in Baltimore. They just can't believe the size of the Steeler Nation and wonder foolishly why we won't change and wear lavender. Just an immature group of fans. The local media is just as bad, very defensive, and seldom do they write anything of substance. Just ask a Raven fan why Art Model had to move the Browns, then ask them why he had to sell the team. Most (even though they have been here a short 16 years), have no clue.

Would you rather wear a purple jersey or a bengal jersey with cat stripes on them? Thats a tuffy lmao.