PDA

View Full Version : End of the season

Friday133
12-24-2006, 03:51 PM
with today's loss, i know i'm being a litte agressive with a little over 8 minutes left, but what do you think the steelers need to work on for next year? frankly they need a lot of offensive line help.

Friday133
12-24-2006, 03:52 PM
they also need a lot of special teams help.

Steelersfan
12-24-2006, 04:02 PM
We need a WR, some line help, a power back, ST's help a pass rusher. Should I go on?.......

Friday133
12-24-2006, 04:03 PM
We need a WR, some line help, a power back, ST's help a pass rusher. Should I go on?.......

sounds like a complete overhaul if you ask me.

Steelersfan
12-24-2006, 04:06 PM
We have some decent players to keep. I know this is the second time J. Lewis has ran all over Farrior and our LB's. Porter should just shut his mouth until he actually does something for a change. But ya, we are close to needing a complete overhaul if you ask me.

SteelerFan87
12-24-2006, 04:13 PM

No, we don't need a WR. Santonio is going to be very good next year, and Hines is always dependable. If Nate would step up, even slightly, we'd have a very good WR corps. A power back? Yeah, it looks like we should definitely look for one in the draft. Some line help? Hell ****ing yeah! Of course, with almost the same exact line, we won the Super Bowl last year, so I don't know. A pass rusher? Most definitely. It's pretty clear we can't just try to be pretty good on both sides of the ball. We have to have some area where we are dominant, and I think it should be the defense. We definitely need to draft a LB and maybe look at free agency for either a great pass rushing DL or LB. I'm sick of watching us bring the house and have it all picked up.

Steelersfan
12-24-2006, 04:16 PM
Even if Holmes is good next year that only leaves him and Hines. Wilson can just go and I'm not sold on Washington yet. He's dropped too many passes and has had too many games where he just disappears. They need to bring in some competition for all these spots. We didn't really have any this year.

OH!!! And we need a new punter!! Kicker too if you ask koopa!

Hburg
12-24-2006, 04:37 PM
1. The O-Line: Protecting the quarterback was not in their game-plan this season.

2. I'm tempted to say the entire defense: Why?
-The D-line has looked soft all season. I've seen too many rushers just plow throw the middle
-Blitzburgh/Pass rush has been inconsistent at best and non-existent at worst. The Steeler Defense is built on a huge blitz/pass rush to make up for the weak secondary.
-The secondary this year has been carried by Polomalu. McFadden has shown signs of hope, and Anthony Smith could become a great safety, so the cornerbacks are my biggest concern there but I think there might already be depth there to work on.
-Another point to keep in mind for the entire defense this year is the lack of forced turnovers (fumbles, interceptions). We have seen very few this season and if we are wanting the Steeler D to be dominant they will need to force turnovers.

3. Rusher: The Steelers need a more guaranteed power rusher. Davenport hasn't come into the Steelers to fill this role yet and at this point it doesn't appear he will ever be able to do so. Willie has made a grandiose effort, but he does not have the size or mass to become a power rusher. I hate to say it like this but, "We need Bettis back."

4. Special Teams: This needs to be kept in mind when picking out any of the above positions. The special team this year has been weak as well showing only a few signs of light in a year of darkness. Even if Holmes and Davenport make a good tandem of kick returners (Never again do I want to see Ricardo back there) there needs to be men in front of them to open up holes for them to get through and down the field.

5. Kicker: It might be wise to start working on a Jeff Reed replacement. Kicker probably would be lowest on the list although if there is room/time/money it might be a wise idea.

BuFu

Steelersfan
12-24-2006, 07:24 PM
There are a lot of young punters and kickers playing well in the league this year. The Ravens punter was a rookie and the Pats kicker is a rookie.

I agree with the rest of it!

Blitzburgh55
12-24-2006, 07:26 PM
1. Ben throw to the players in black and gold

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2006, 09:32 PM
Alright listen people, there is only areas we need to address for next year...

Offensive line and LB's. Everything else stays status quo with the exception of bringing some depth at other areas to groom for the future at DL, DB,and WR. We are set at RB, that's not going to change next year. Hines, Nate, and Santonio are going to be good and both Nate and Santonio are going to continue to improve for us.

OL.. Hartings needs to retire, Simmons needs to sit, and we need more depth when Chris K and Chukki take over.

LB. We need depth here and young players in the worst way. Our LB's are showing their age so we need to focus on that area with atleast 2 picks minimum.

We take of those 2 areas, and everything should fall into place. This team has too much talent on it to do an overall. The 2 most key positions for us, LB and OL have been major contributors to our demise this year.

AZ_Steeler
12-26-2006, 01:33 PM
The receiving core isn't bad but someone a little taller than 6 foot would be nice. Holmes really came on this year and is only going to get better. Washington can't catch a ball in the end zone and Wilson didn't even show up this year, the Steelers need a little more consistency form the receiver spot for them to be effect.

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-26-2006, 02:43 PM
Think they could incorporate Heath Miller into the game plan more.

TampaSteelGirl
12-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Think they could incorporate Heath Miller into the game plan more.

I couldn't agree with you more!!!! :clap:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2006, 07:36 PM
I wish they would use Heath more, but team has never done it in the BC era and if he comes back I wouldnt expect that to change any; you know how BC is.

Steelersfan
12-27-2006, 12:14 AM
Stubborn????.....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2006, 06:15 AM
William Stubborn Cowher :yesnod:

Friday133
12-27-2006, 08:10 AM
I wish they would use Heath more, but team has never done it in the BC era and if he comes back I wouldnt expect that to change any; you know how BC is.

actually they did use the tight end alot in one season under cowher. eric green in 93 or 94 led the team in recieving i believe.

Friday133
12-27-2006, 08:13 AM
actully it was both years.

1993 pit | 16 | 63 rec. 942 yards 15.0 5 TD's
1994 pit | 15 | 46 rec. 618 yards 13.4 4 TD's

Pro Football-Reference (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/GreeEr00.htm)

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Well maybe the next coach will use the TE more.