PDA

View Full Version : This will solidify Steelers secondary... Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided

steelchamp204
01-09-2011, 01:49 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6004943

Why not, the guy is a above average corner, a pro bowler and can lockdown pretty good receivers. Think the steelers will offer him a contract? Itd be stupid not to.

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2011, 01:59 PM
This is the one time we need to go hard in free agency IMO.

steelchamp204
01-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Yep, him and ike on the corners and troy in the back would be deadly imo. Cause McFadden is killing us

steelersbabex25
01-09-2011, 02:06 PM
So..when are we signing him..

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2011, 02:07 PM
I have to agree. This is THAT ONE TIME where we need to make that move. And after being on the Raiders this long, you know that he's looking to do some actual winning so we would probably be his top choice.

steelchamp204
01-09-2011, 02:12 PM
So..when are we signing him..

We are hoping asap lol.

--- Added 1/9/2011 at 01:12 PM ---

Also if we sign him that would be one less pick we will have to waste on cb in the draft this year and maybe draft another dlineman instead. I really think the draft this year should be focused on Oline and dline then a cornerback after that. But this is a signing we should take for him.

Steel Trap86
01-09-2011, 02:15 PM
huge, sign him immediately.

steelersbabex25
01-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Signing him will probably be a lot easier said than done. He's gonna be an extremely hot commodity.

Steel Trap86
01-09-2011, 02:17 PM
ya he's the highest paid corner in the league. He'll be looking for a 6 or 7 year deal, but if the Steelers want him, and they will, they're gonna have to pay up.

steelchamp204
01-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Signing him will probably be a lot easier said than done. He's gonna be an extremely hot commodity.

True, but its not like we are the lions, bengals, dolphins or some other bum team. We are always making the playoffs, every other year lmao. Winning record all the time and we have a good team of talent, so it makes it easier being the steelers, but we have to worry about

pats,cowboys,saints etc. also

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2011, 02:23 PM
We will be one of a couple of priority teams to him because he's not signing with losers like the Dolphins, Broncos or Bengals. He wants to win. And after being in Oakland, I have to believe we'll be one of his top two choices.

--- Added 1/9/2011 at 01:23 PM ---

True, but its not like we are the lions, bengals, dolphins or some other bum team. We are always making the playoffs, every other year lmao. Winning record all the time and we have a good team of talent, so it makes it easier being the steelers, but we have to worry about

pats,cowboys,saints etc. also

Pats won't want to pay. Cowboys are no different the the Bengals..losers. Now the Saints may be a legitimate concern. Because they got toasted yesterday by Hasselbeck hahaha.

steelchamp204
01-09-2011, 02:25 PM
And the weakpoint on our team is what? Our secondary lol, come on roon, ink it up. 6 years 98mill

Big T
01-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Absolutely no chance we sign him. Corner is arguably our biggest need but the steelers won't even consider it. We need to resign Woodley and Ike and the we have to worry about Timmons next year. I would absolutely love it but there is absolutely no way he is a steeler next season. He is going to get a record deal somewhere.

airbrake 1
01-09-2011, 02:27 PM
would be nice to get, but i don't see the steelers going after him...probably would blow up our salary cap plans...i can't believe oakland would put something in a contract like that...i guess that's why they are oakland, weird al does some bizarre things out there on the left coast

steelersbabex25
01-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Absolutely no chance we sign him. Corner is arguably our biggest need but the steelers won't even consider it. We need to resign Woodley and Ike and the we have to worry about Timmons next year. I would absolutely love it but there is absolutely no way he is a steeler next season. He is going to get a record deal somewhere.

If I had a choice between Ike and Nnamdi..I would take the latter all the way.

airbrake 1
01-09-2011, 02:31 PM
who knows the jets might go after him and albert haynesworth they seem to go after these high priced players....salary cap hell cannot be far behind rex and the boys they better get it done now or else

steelchamp204
01-09-2011, 02:35 PM
who knows the jets might go after him and albert haynesworth they seem to go after these high priced players....salary cap hell cannot be far behind rex and the boys they better get it done now or else

No they will keep cromartie and have revis on the other side, jets wont go after him. I hope to god the pats dont get him

Steel Trap86
01-09-2011, 02:36 PM
He's too young to be a patriot lol

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2011, 02:49 PM

Here's a news flash..we are not resigning Woodley. Why do you think we loaded up on LB in the last draft??

We don't resign LB because the Front office feels they can get LB easily. And I"m not so sure that money will be what he's looking for. He had a record deal with the Raiders and he took a lot of money from them. I think he wants to win and when it comes to winning, there are only a couple of teams..us and the Patriots. And the Patriots don't pay big dough to anyone but Brady.

steelersbabex25
01-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Here's a news flash..we are not resigning Woodley. Why do you think we loaded up on LB in the last draft??

We don't resign LB because the Front office feels they can get LB easily. And I"m not so sure that money will be what he's looking for. He had a record deal with the Raiders and he took a lot of money from them. I think he wants to win and when it comes to winning, there are only a couple of teams..us and the Patriots. And the Patriots don't pay big dough to anyone but Brady.

They resign Woodley 100%. Absolutely no chance in hell they don't resign him.

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Sorry..but unless Woodley brings down his dollar demands significantly, he will not be resigned. Go look at all the all pro LB's they've let go over the years that all of us thought would get resigned. Then look at how many LB they drafted and then you'll know the truth.

cmerrifield
01-09-2011, 03:06 PM
If they werent resigning Woodley, the would not have let Gibson go to keep Smith. That means they have 1 OLB behind Woodley and Harrison and that is Worilds. Sylvester will be an ILB

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2011, 03:29 PM
They had to keep Smith because he is a difference making DE. And we are in short supply of DE's. But we are in long supply of LB's. Woodley will not be resigned unless he takes a team friendly salary.

cmerrifield
01-09-2011, 04:01 PM
They had to keep Smith because he is a difference making DE. And we are in short supply of DE's. But we are in long supply of LB's. Woodley will not be resigned unless he takes a team friendly salary.

WHO? who is this long supply of LB's? We have plenty of ILB's, Foote, Farrior, Timmons, Fox, and Sylvester, but we are short OLB's have been the last couple years. We are going to resign Woodley, he is not asking for a record deal. The only reason he wasnt resigned last offseason was the 30% rule. Which would have forced too much of his money to be guaranteed.

nuclearchihuahuas
01-09-2011, 04:02 PM
This would be a major coup! I hope the Rooney's are willing to step out of their normal payment plan and go for the gold this time!

JensK
01-09-2011, 04:03 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6004943

Why not, the guy is a above average corner, a pro bowler and can lockdown pretty good receivers. Think the steelers will offer him a contract? Itd be stupid not to.

Understatement of the year. He is arguably the best CB in the league, better than Revis imo, and he is going to cost really really much to sign. I would love it, but I don't see it happening.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2011, 04:04 PM
I would love to see this kid come to Pittsburgh. Him on one side and Ike on the other would be a great combination. I don't know that front office would ever consider trying to pay him the money he wants.

Given the CBA status right now, and the fact that Ike is a free agent, there is more of a possibility though then one might think.

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2011, 04:10 PM
I would love to see this kid come to Pittsburgh. Him on one side and Ike on the other would be a great combination. I don't know that front office would ever consider trying to pay him the money he wants.

Given the CBA status right now, and the fact that Ike is a free agent, there is more of a possibility though then one might think.

I heard that because of the CBA status, during the draft, you won't be able to offer players in trade for draft picks or to trade at all.

--- Added 1/9/2011 at 03:10 PM ---

Why would they pony up for Ike, when we could poney up for Ashumuga? If we are going to poney up, I'd rather do it for the best CB in football. Yeah he's going to cost more then Ike, but he's going to bring more then Ike too.

cmerrifield
01-09-2011, 04:10 PM
You cant trade players or sign UFA's until a new CBA, but you can trade picks only, I am pretty sure.

airbrake 1
01-09-2011, 04:14 PM
the only way he gets to pittsburgh is if he is so sick of losing, and wants a chance at a championship so bad that he would take less money to get it...that's it ...the steelers aren't going to overpay anyone period

DanRooney
01-09-2011, 04:15 PM
If we want Asomugha, Woodley would have to go. No way we would be able to afford both.

airbrake 1
01-09-2011, 04:16 PM
only in oakland would you see a bizarre contract clause like this

JensK
01-09-2011, 04:17 PM
If we want Asomugha, Woodley would have to go. No way we would be able to afford both.

It certainly depends on the CBA... Steelers have enough money, let there be no doubt about that, but if the cap is enforced again they won't have enough caproom, that is correct.

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2011, 04:19 PM

Thank you.

steelersbabex25
01-09-2011, 04:20 PM
It certainly depends on the CBA... Steelers have enough money, let there be no doubt about that, but if the cap is enforced again they won't have enough caproom, that is correct.

:plus1: What he said..

DanRooney
01-09-2011, 05:36 PM

Rooney's will enforce a cap regardless, just like they did this year. They always try to be model blue-collar owners in the NFL.

Scorp
01-09-2011, 05:40 PM

If Ben really wants to the leader of this team he'll take a pay cut. Can you see that happening?

JensK
01-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Rooney's will enforce a cap regardless, just like they did this year. They always try to be model blue-collar owners in the NFL.

Rooney's could do that this year because they knew that for now, this was a one year deal, and they had a great team already. There is no way they can afford to enforce their own cap, if they want to be competitive in a league without a salarycap. After all, winning is the best way for a team to make money. With that being said, I doubt they won't make some sort of a salary cap.

steelersbabex25
01-09-2011, 05:48 PM
If Ben really wants to the leader of this team he'll take a pay cut. Can you see that happening?

Please. These guys are in it for the money. No way any of them take a pay cut ever.

JensK
01-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Please. These guys are in it for the money. No way any of them take a pay cut ever.

Ike Taylor actually did it a couple of years ago in order to make room for Ben's new contract. Or at least got his contract restructured.

steelersbabex25
01-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Ike Taylor actually did it a couple of years ago in order to make room for Ben's new contract. Or at least got his contract restructured.

Really? Props to him then. I'll rephrase my statement..no way the majority of them take a pay cut ever.

Scorp
01-09-2011, 05:54 PM

That's what being a team player is all about. If they always talk about wanting to win and win championships that is what has to be done. But if they just want to keep relying on old legs on the verge of retirement then forget it. That only goes so far but not very.

JensK
01-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Team players, salarycap and whatnot hardly matters anyway. I could see Aso wanting at least 60millon over 5 years, potentially more, which Steelers just won't pay. Joseph from Bengals is going to be a FA though, and he would probably come cheaper than that.

Scorp
01-09-2011, 05:57 PM
If the Steelers really want him they'll make it happen.

JensK
01-09-2011, 06:03 PM
If the Steelers really want him they'll make it happen.

I just don't see it being that simple. Aso know he is going to get big money somewhere. I am not quite sure whether or not he wants to take a discount in order to be able to maybe win a Superbowl. I would assume so though. I can guarantee you that Steelers want Aso and they probably want him badly, but they are not going to be able to find caproom for him, unless they decide to let Woodley and Ike Taylor walk, and even then those two players might not even ask for as much money as Aso want, combined. It also takes that Aso wants to come to Pittsburgh. I don't see why he would not want to, and I don't see why Steelers would not want to, but in reality we all know that FA signings are not that simple, especially with the uncertainty with the CBA.

Stairwayto7
01-09-2011, 06:03 PM
I would like to sign him! We need to draft a safety, both Troy and Ryan arent that young. So to sign a free agent corner with skills why not

Scorp
01-09-2011, 06:05 PM
I'll just sit back and enjoy the rest of the playoffs for now and worry about NA later.

JensK
01-09-2011, 06:07 PM
I'll just sit back and enjoy the rest of the playoffs for now and worry about NA later.

On that note, when is it FA opens again?

K Train
01-09-2011, 06:26 PM
likely yo be the most sought after FA ever....no ****ing way we land him

CoachC
01-09-2011, 07:51 PM
I would love to have NA on our team, that would be a dream come true at CB for us... I'd love it, but I'm not getting so excited...

Blazedby92
01-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Would love it but won't happen

SteelCityKid5
01-09-2011, 09:14 PM
He wants too much moola I bet... Id love him on the Stees

coldrolled
01-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Would love it but won't happen

NA would cost a lot. but what does a #4 draft pick CB cost?

We will never see a # top ten draft pick. so we need to sign one or two good FA's
Signing #30 picks every other year wont cut it.

cmerrifield
01-09-2011, 09:30 PM
free agency starts with a new cba and not before

SteelCityKid5
01-10-2011, 01:45 AM
This is your average Steelers FA hopeful to be honest... I used to love the Stees getting the big FA on the market but I have come to realize they dont at all... they dont make "splash" moves in the offseason.. theyll somehow make a decent signing here and there as they always do

Dean Denton
01-10-2011, 04:24 AM
If we got that guy, we would crush everyone...that would be bad ***. Yes we need to go after that guy...now!

Blazedby92
01-10-2011, 06:04 AM
Wow check this stat out, knew he was good but all I can say is WOW 33 attempts

"Asomugha is one of the league's best man-to-man cornerbacks, with most teams choosing not to throw to his side of the field. According to STATS LLC, Asomugha was targeted on just 33 pass attempts this season. He allowed 13 completions for 205 yards and no touchdowns, burnishing his reputation as a shutdown cornerback."

steelersbabex25
01-10-2011, 06:49 AM
This is your average Steelers FA hopeful to be honest... I used to love the Stees getting the big FA on the market but I have come to realize they dont at all... they dont make "splash" moves in the offseason.. theyll somehow make a decent signing here and there as they always do

You're right. The Steelers definitely don't make the big splash in the offseason. But HELLO. This is one of the best corners in the league and if they've been watching our secondary at all this year, they'd be crazy not to go after him. They need to atleast make an attempt. If he's looking for more than we're offering that's one thing. But to not even try to pick him up is insanity.

Ibleedblk&gld
01-10-2011, 09:10 AM
NA to the jets...book it

JensK
01-10-2011, 09:14 AM
A point which I am wondering is whether or not Steelers should consider picking him up, just to make sure Ravens don't. Ravens secondary is even worse than ours (Statistically), and they are usually more willing to pick up big names in FA. Furthermore, Ravens are the team with second lowest salary, so they have plenty of room for him. I know this is just speculations, but I think that it is a scary thought with Aso to Ravens.

steelchamp204
01-10-2011, 09:46 AM
I would rather have NA than woodley, we always have good linebackers, so I dont see a prob with worlds stepping in next season, we would still have a good lbing core and our secondary would be just as solid as our lbin core. Kinda even the defense out, then our dline,lb,cb will all be on the same level. Yea it might be a little drop from in the lb position with wood gone, but we would make up for that 10x more in the secondary with NA. What kills us in 3 and longs on defense? The pass and thats where NA will make a difference to get the defense off the field and more 3 and outs.

Rampage
01-10-2011, 11:17 AM
If we signed Asomugha, that just constricts the team's ability to resign Taylor and Woodley, and eventually Timmons and Polamalu. While I would not mind seeing another quality corner across from Taylor, I think his contract would crush the Steelers.

cmerrifield
01-10-2011, 11:24 AM
If we signed Asomugha, that just constricts the team's ability to resign Taylor and Woodley, and eventually Timmons and Polamalu. While I would not mind seeing another quality corner across from Taylor, I think his contract would crush the Steelers.

I am not sure it would hurt Woodley and Taylor as much as Mendenhall, Wallace and Timmons. Troy got his huge contract, I expect he will be more like Ward and take a reasonable salary to retire as a Steeler.

greg1964
01-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Only AFTER we resign Woodley and Ike

MDSteel15
01-10-2011, 01:03 PM
I say if he wants to win he should take a pay cut with a long term contract! He's talking about stability on a team and so on, well then he needs to prove that that is what he wants!!! :bunny: :banana: :greenbounce2: :yellowthumb:

--- Added 1/10/2011 at 12:03 PM ---

Only AFTER we resign Woodley and Ike

and this! LoL :cope:

K Train
01-10-2011, 01:09 PM
ike will be cheap and id let woodley walk for asomugha 100/100 times

steelchamp204
01-10-2011, 01:12 PM
I say if he wants to win he should take a pay cut with a long term contract! He's talking about stability on a team and so on, well then he needs to prove that that is what he wants!!! :bunny: :banana: :greenbounce2: :yellowthumb:

--- Added 1/10/2011 at 12:03 PM ---

and this! LoL :cope:

Hes not gonna want to take a paycut, I have a feeling the ravens will get him for there defense. If they do :eek1:. Plus its not like this happens all the time where the best cb in the league is a free agenst as good as NA. And hes young, put him across from Ike and have troy at saftey, we have a dangerous secondary. But I would rather have NA than woodley tbh. Plus the way the league is pass happy anymore, it would be a plus for us. Prob move our pass rank defense into the top ten.

MDSteel15
01-10-2011, 01:13 PM
NA to the jets...book it

No way... where would they put him?

steelchamp204
01-10-2011, 01:14 PM
ike will be cheap and id let woodley walk for asomugha 100/100 times

:plus1: Idk what the love affair with woodley is. If you put in in another defense he wouldnt do as much, he only has the sacks because of harrison on the other side getting double teamed. I like woodley but i wouldnt really care if he didnt come back. Id rather have NA

K Train
01-10-2011, 01:15 PM
i doubt any teams pay him 17 mil a year like oakland did...he'll get a big deal no doubt maybe the biggest but 17 mil a year was so ridiculous it was just their way of making him stay in oakland.

jets have to pay revis a ton (i bet he holds out again within 2 years)

not to mention edwards, holmes, david harris, cromartie are all FAs and they just spent a first rounder on kyle wilson....i say no way

MDSteel15
01-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Hes not gonna want to take a paycut, I have a feeling the ravens will get him for there defense. If they do :eek1:. Plus its not like this happens all the time where the best cb in the league is a free agenst as good as NA. And hes young, put him across from Ike and have troy at saftey, we have a dangerous secondary. But I would rather have NA than woodley tbh. Plus the way the league is pass happy anymore, it would be a plus for us. Prob move our pass rank defense into the top ten.

You are crazy! Without the LBs providing pressure I don't care who the hell you have at corner, you will not be able to cover the WRs because eventually they will get open. :cursin:

K Train
01-10-2011, 01:18 PM
youve never seen nnamdi play then....they had a pure **** pass rush in oakland and he still dominated.

when you have timmons that can play outside and a 2nd round pick invested in worilds you can afford to let woodley walk after what has been a disappointing contract year. the best CB in the league>>>>>>a top 15 tweener OLB. nnamdi seriously dominates the side hes on

LatrobePA
01-10-2011, 01:22 PM
I'd go for a trade Woodley to the Raiders...

steelchamp204
01-10-2011, 01:25 PM
You are crazy! Without the LBs providing pressure I don't care who the hell you have at corner, you will not be able to cover the WRs because eventually they will get open. :cursin:

So your sayin Woodley is that huge of a factor? Wtf are you smoking? We can plug anyone over on his side and they will have over 7 sacks a year. He didnt have 1 game this year where he had more than 5 tackles(including assisted). Why overpay for woodley? seriously, but not overpay for a proven shutdown corner that we need? Also they will always dbl team harrison so why wouldnt worlids be able to get pressure?

I mean what do you think woodley is worth for a contract?

steelersbabex25
01-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Regardless of what anyone thinks about Woodley, there's virtually no chance that they don't renew his contract. So that offer is off the table.

DanRooney
01-10-2011, 03:18 PM
I agree with KTrain, Worilds can take over for Woodley on the side he played in college. Otherwise, he'll just rot on the bench. I'd love to have Asomugha over him.

mwittman5
01-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Regardless of what anyone thinks about Woodley, there's virtually no chance that they don't renew his contract. So that offer is off the table.

some tough decisions are going to be made. Taylor is a FA too and polamalu is a FA after next yr along with timmons.

steelchamp204
01-10-2011, 03:45 PM

I think its 50/50 that they keep him, he can walk for allI care,what are they gonna do? Let worlids sit the bench for another 4 years, there gotta be a reason why we got him in lastyears draft, But i dont think we kee woodley. Not saying your wrong but I dont think they renew

K Train
01-10-2011, 03:47 PM
anyone who says woodley would be more valuable than nnamdi to our defense has clearly never watched nnamdi play and is pleading for complete ignorance on how dominant he really is.

that being said its a pipe dream....ike and woodley will probbaly be resigned. timmons next year, im pretty sure troy isnt a FA next year...he signed a 5 year deal before the 2008 season. 8, 9, 10, 11, 12...hes a FA before the 2013 season

LatrobePA
01-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Troy will need a walker when his contract is up, so we need to address our secondary needs sooner than later, this would be huge!!

steelchamp204
01-10-2011, 03:58 PM
anyone who says woodley would be more valuable than nnamdi to our defense has clearly never watched nnamdi play and is pleading for complete ignorance on how dominant he really is.

that being said its a pipe dream....ike and woodley will probbaly be resigned. timmons next year, im pretty sure troy isnt a FA next year...he signed a 5 year deal before the 2008 season. 8, 9, 10, 11, 12...hes a FA before the 2013 season

If this happens, what will we do with worlids then? I hope we dont waste him you know? But maybe it wont be a long contract? Idk.

MDSteel15
01-10-2011, 04:04 PM

K, you're so full of ****.. He's not the best in the game and he ain't worth the money! No player in the NFL is worth the money! I understand that nobody throws his way just for the fact he might pick it off. But it's funny that he had ZERO INTs this year and that is mainly because of his rep! If NA wanted to play here because we have a shot year in and year out, he would come in at a reduced rate! Al Davis fu@ked up the pay scale and Woodley already said he wants to be here and would take a lower than expected pay raise.... Worilds was brought in for 1 of 2 reasons, if we can't resign Woodley or if we do, to take over for Harrison in the next year or 2...

--- Added 1/10/2011 at 03:04 PM ---

If this happens, what will we do with worlids then? I hope we dont waste him you know? But maybe it wont be a long contract? Idk.

You do realise that Harrison is 33 years old! He won't be over there much longer... :nono:

steelchamp204
01-10-2011, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=MDSteel15;398000]K, you're so full of ****.. He's not the best in the game and he ain't worth the money! No player in the NFL is worth the money! I understand that nobody throws his way just for the fact he might pick it off. But it's funny that he had ZERO INTs this year and that is mainly because of his rep! If NA wanted to play here because we have a shot year in and year out, he would come in at a reduced rate! Al Davis fu@ked up the pay scale and Woodley already said he wants to be here and would take a lower than expected pay raise.... Worilds was brought in for 1 of 2 reasons, if we can't resign Woodley or if we do, to take over for Harrison in the next year or 2...

Ok, then who is the best cb in the game, Please say Revis, because if revis is the best in the game why did he want to be paid like the best cb in the game (NA) He is better than revis. NA would shut down one half of the field, specially if he is on troys side. I dont get why you get so pissed off when we say that we dont care that woodley walks, that hes not worth the overpayment as if we would overpay for NA, if you start a poll on this forum with who would you rather have, 80% would want NA. Just saying, but i just want to know who the best cb in the league is.

Steel Trap86
01-10-2011, 04:39 PM
NA is the top paid corner in the league, Revis held out on the Jets because he wanted NA money. He signed a 3 year 45 mil contract that works out to around 17 a year with the Raiders. Now that the bar has been set, if he becomes a FA he's gonna want a 4-7 year probably around 70 million. Traditionally the Steelers don't break the bank on FA's, but this time they might want to at least consider saying **** tradition.

steelchamp204
01-10-2011, 04:42 PM
NA is the top paid corner in the league, Revis held out on the Jets because he wanted NA money. He signed a 3 year 45 mil contract that works out to around 17 a year with the Raiders. Now that the bar has been set, if he becomes a FA he's gonna want a 4-7 year probably around 70 million. Traditionally the Steelers don't break the bank on FA's, but this time they might want to at least consider saying **** tradition.

:plus1:

K Train
01-10-2011, 04:46 PM
K, you're so full of ****.. He's not the best in the game and he ain't worth the money! No player in the NFL is worth the money! I understand that nobody throws his way just for the fact he might pick it off. But it's funny that he had ZERO INTs this year and that is mainly because of his rep! If NA wanted to play here because we have a shot year in and year out, he would come in at a reduced rate! Al Davis fu@ked up the pay scale and Woodley already said he wants to be here and would take a lower than expected pay raise.... Worilds was brought in for 1 of 2 reasons, if we can't resign Woodley or if we do, to take over for Harrison in the next year or 2...

--- Added 1/10/2011 at 03:04 PM ---

You do realise that Harrison is 33 years old! He won't be over there much longer... :nono:
lmao.

nnamdi has been the best CB for years....revis got all the publicity and hype he could possible handle (most directly from rex ryan) and while he did have an impressive season hes still not on nnamdis scale who hates being in oakland and hasnt made a peep about it despite being held hostage. you have clearly never seen the man play, hes remarkable. this is not a hype FA, he will be the most sought after FA acquisition ever. QBs dont avoid him based on rep, thats the most idiotic thing you could say....they avoid him because hes a blanket on the WR. you just cant force things his way, he leaves no window of opportunity.

you= blatant ignorance

me=logical reasoning

harrison is old...but worilds (who i dont really like as the future at either spot) isnt the answer to replacing harrison or woodley, hopefully he can but after cutting gibson to make room for smith who cant play, OLB will be a need again in the near future....good thing we can pretty much plug anyone in there and have them be kind of effective.

if woodley walks they will certainly target a 34OLB high again. i think he resigns but he needs to blow up in the playoffs (which he has a habbit of doing) but hes a completely replaceable player, and so is harrison. nnamdi is not as replaceable as a pass rusher, hes on a level all by himself at this point and thats why teams are salivating over him being available. maybe hes not worth the huge deal hes going to get but he would certainly upgrade any secondary and the going rate for him is gonna require some spending

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Worilds was brought in to be the next great Steeler linebacker, atleast in theory. Harrison still has a few good years left in him. Remember he barely played his first 3 or 4 years in the NFL so right now even though he's over 30 he's in the prime of his career. Behind the starting 4, there isn't much to speak of except for Foote and Fox. Worilds is a big key to the future of this defense. The thing I would be worried about is replacing Farrior because he won't last many more years yet.

As far as NA becoming a Steeler, I don't think it depends so much on what Woodley does, as much as what happens with Ike Taylor who's contract is up. As well as BMac who I believe signed only a yr deal, might have been 2. In theory they will definitely keep one of the 2, most likely Ike if anyone but if they were to lose Taylor that would make a stronger case for bringing in a guy like NA.

MDSteel15
01-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Revis is the best shutdown corner! He said he wanted to be paid like HE is the best CB in the league! Not like the best corner NA... Like HE is the best! And that was Rex's fault whe nhe opened his mouth and it is costing them plenty $$$ :eek1:

K Train
01-10-2011, 04:56 PM
e. The thing I would be worried about is replacing Farrior because he won't last many more years yet.

we have a man with two last names also known as the truth

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/ap_photo/20100919/all/l4729991.jpg

steelchamp204
01-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Revis is the best shutdown corner! He said he wanted to be paid like HE is the best CB in the league! Not like the best corner NA... Like HE is the best! And that was Rex's fault whe nhe opened his mouth and it is costing them plenty $$$ :eek1:

NA > Revis. Sorry, Im sure you dont watch raider games, I do with the package I have, I caught about 8 games this year and he is alot better than revis.

If your putting down NA cause he had no interceptions this year, neither did revis. So there is no interception argument.

K Train
01-10-2011, 05:01 PM
i honestly wouldnt be THAT shocked if the steelers were a least in the conversation for nnamdi. the CBs are old or have been having a rough time lately and the steelers are overdue for a splash in free agency and it would be tomlins first one ever

MDSteel15
01-10-2011, 05:12 PM
NA > Revis. Sorry, Im sure you dont watch raider games, I do with the package I have, I caught about 8 games this year and he is alot better than revis.

If your putting down NA cause he had no interceptions this year, neither did revis. So there is no interception argument.

Maybe you should be a Raider fan because you have a lot of time to waste.... He had no INTs, no sacks, no nada! And I am not putting him down, I just don't think he's the best out there!

steelchamp204
01-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Maybe you should be a Raider fan because you have a lot of time to waste.... He had no INTs, no sacks, no nada! And I am not putting him down, I just don't think he's the best out there!

Yea Im a raider fan because I order the Nfl package :lol:, Sorry I love the steelers, just like to watch other players on other teams and watch other teams play our division rivals. Plus if you think straight, raider games are usually 1 oclock games right? and our games are usually over at four, so why not watch some? Revis didnt have a sack either this year, so what argument are you making?

--- Added 1/10/2011 at 04:20 PM ---

Plus, maybe you should be a raven fan since you live in maryland, and closer to bmore than pitt?

cmerrifield
01-10-2011, 05:24 PM
He was only thrown at 33 times this season, 33. That means twice a game for those of you who suck at math. Its not surprising he had no picks, he wasnt given any opportunity. Now, lets be clear here, Woodley is the only Free Agent starting on D. Taylor, Troy and others should be signed this offseason but they still have one more year after this one on their contracts.

steelchamp204
01-10-2011, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=cmerrifield;398030]He was only thrown at 33 times this season, 33. That means twice a game for those of you who suck at math. Its not surprising he had no picks, he wasnt given any opportunity. Now, lets be clear here, Woodley is the only Free Agent starting on D. Taylor, Troy and others should be signed this offseason but they still have one more year after this one on their contracts.

Hes not the best, lets just be done arguing with the idiot who calls people fans of other teams just because we catch a few games. I like to watch football on sundays sorry, but im done with the idiot. He wont understand he was only thrown to 33 times this season. He wont understand:cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cop e::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

MDSteel15
01-10-2011, 06:09 PM
Yea Im a raider fan because I order the Nfl package :lol:, Sorry I love the steelers, just like to watch other players on other teams and watch other teams play our division rivals. Plus if you think straight, raider games are usually 1 oclock games right? and our games are usually over at four, so why not watch some? Revis didnt have a sack either this year, so what argument are you making?

--- Added 1/10/2011 at 04:20 PM ---

Plus, maybe you should be a raven fan since you live in maryland, and closer to bmore than pitt?

Queer Ravens were not around when I started watching football.. Where I live there is a large contingent of good people from Pittsburgh and Steeler fans alike...

tburg68
01-10-2011, 08:20 PM
I love Woodley. I'm a Steeler fan and a Wolverine fan. That being said, he is nowhere near as valuable as NA.

There is also NO WAY the Steelers go after him in Free Agency. Show me all the history of the Steelers making big moves in FA. It doesn"t happen. Ike will be resigned because we need him, and he has shown that he will take less to stay with the Steelers. Too many teams will be falling over themselves to give NA a lot of money. Don't see him coming to any team, Steelers included, and giving them a discount to play with them.

The Steelers DON'T make splashes in FA.

I credit Farrior for the year he has had. If he left tomorrow, the Steelers wouldn't miss a beat with SS!

K Train
01-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Jeff Hartings, James Farrior.....nnamdi asomugha?

id cry tears of joy

tburg68
01-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Jeff Hartings, James Farrior.....nnamdi asomugha?

id cry tears of joy

Hartings + Farrior < NA

K Train
01-10-2011, 08:49 PM
well no ****...they were pretty big signings though

steelchamp204
01-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Queer Ravens were not around when I started watching football.. Where I live there is a large contingent of good people from Pittsburgh and Steeler fans alike...

so when you coming up.?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Keep it kosher here people, I know it's a heated topic but lets stay on track and not let it get personal. I know it's a hot subject, just stay cool.

Real Deal Steel
01-11-2011, 01:18 AM
Almost to a man, every Steelers fan in this post has agreed that if we went after Namdi and signed him, it would take our defense to another level, coupled with us using the draft to continue to upgrade our lines.

So..if we can see it, maybe management will too. And I don't think the most money is going to be that big a factor to him. He's made a ton of money and he's older now. He wants to win. And that will eliminate alot of the riff/raff teams like the 49ers, Broncos, Panthers etc. etc.

I think if we make a decent offer, our peedigree will count with him. Just a thought.

coldrolled
01-13-2011, 09:01 AM
well no ****...they were pretty big signings though

Ok, the redskins sign mcnabb ... haynesworth.... now they need OL and here is their shopping list

Other potential free agents under the age of 30 include:

Cardinals guard Deuce Lutui (27)
Falcons guard Justin Blalock (27)
Ravens guard Chris Chester (28)
Ravens tackle Jared Gaither (24)
Ravens guard/tackle Marshal Yanda (26)
Broncos tackle Ryan Harris (25)
Raiders center Samson Satele (26)
Steelers tackle Willie Colon (27)
Seahawks center Chris Spencer (28)
Bucs guard Davin Joseph (27)

For some reason the redskins have no cap on salary...

The Steelers need to sign a CB and/or OL too.. they need to shop once in a while... right?

What will the Ravens do? They need to sign 3 OL on this list. The ravens will still shop other players for weakness in the lineup after signing these three. they seem to have no cap either...??

im tired of hearing the steelers cant afford it.. thats bull****

go steelers... spend a little.. :cope::cope::cope:

cmerrifield
01-13-2011, 09:37 AM
I wouldnt mind seeing the Steelers go after Gaither. Either give me NA or Gaither and this offseason would be sweet and I would forgive them all for talking of the Lockout and threatening no football next year.

K Train
01-13-2011, 11:01 AM
grabbing blalock to play RG and gaither to play either tackle would be the sex

MDSteel15
01-13-2011, 03:40 PM
so when you coming up.?

We go to the Super Bowl I'll bring the beer! :cope:

--- Added 1/13/2011 at 02:40 PM ---

grabbing blalock to play RG and gaither to play either tackle would be the sex

True or not? Does Gaither have back problems or is he saddled with being behind Oher? I would love for Gaither to come here and help keep beating the Ravens year in and out!!!

Scorp
01-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Maybe we should write a letter to the Rooney's about who to go after and who to shop for and who they should consider. After all it's all about the fans. Right?

JensK
01-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Maybe we should write a letter to the Rooney's about who to go after and who to shop for and who they should consider. After all it's all about the fans. Right?

If this was the case, there was no need for this forum, because all arguments would be ended by that phrase. There would be absolutely no valid points for discussing anything, because as we all know, Rooney's know best.

K Train
01-13-2011, 06:13 PM
haha love that argument....trust the rooney 6 rings

/end argument

they are apparently the be all end all of all personell moves and never miss or mess up

K Train
01-13-2011, 06:14 PM
We go to the Super Bowl I'll bring the beer! :cope:

--- Added 1/13/2011 at 02:40 PM ---

True or not? Does Gaither have back problems or is he saddled with being behind Oher? I would love for Gaither to come here and help keep beating the Ravens year in and out!!!

he hurt his back but will be fine....i think it was also due to hm not wanting to play RT and get RT money behind oher after outplaying him at LT for a few years.

Root4Stlrs
01-13-2011, 08:25 PM
Put me in the blatantly ignorant camp but I would hate to lose LaMarr Woodley. Capturing the greatest FA on the market doesn't necessarily mean your team will be better. I live in Redskins country and have been listening to this over and over since Dan Snyder bought the team. "We have so and so and now we're going to be the greatest team ever," but it hasn't worked for them -- mainly b/c it destroys the team chemistry. They have nothing but a group of overrated players not a team and haven't for many years.

SChip
01-14-2011, 09:29 AM
i honestly wouldnt be THAT shocked if the steelers were a least in the conversation for nnamdi. the CBs are old or have been having a rough time lately and the steelers are overdue for a splash in free agency and it would be tomlins first one ever

Hahahahahaha...Obviously you guys haven't followed this team very closely over the years. The last..and only ..splash at free agency was a big dude from the Rams that ran the football downhill. Hartings and Farrior were/are good players but hardly "splash" players and didn't command huge bucks to defect to the 'Burgh', in fact the "Bus " didn't cost us that much either.

No way the Rooneys pay what this kid wants, in fact they have sent the likes of Woodson, Harris and quite a few more packin' when they tried. Y'all just wasted about twelve pages of text on a pipe dream.

Real Deal Steel
01-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Maybe.....but the Steeler front office is a savy bunch. If they get the same idea that we do; that Ashumonga could make us a top 3 team for the next 3-4 years, it could happen.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Hartings and Farrior were great signings and splash signings for the Steelers......But noway the Steelers go after a tier 1 type free agent like Nnamdi.....I can't believe this thread is over 100 pages.....lol Its not happening people.......The Rooney's won't shell out that type of coin for a player that wasn't home grown.......The Rooney's do pay to keep their own recently but I will be shocked if they pursue Asomugha.....Trust me I would love it if they did but I don't expect it at all....I say at best there is 30% chance the Steelers sign him.......

mcfly06
01-15-2011, 09:12 PM
I would love to sign Nnamdi Asomugha,but i think he'll go for the money and not somewhere like pittsburgh for championships.But if we could get him and one of those OL in free agents,than Pounceys Bro in the draft that'll help us alot

steelchamp204
01-15-2011, 10:24 PM
I would love to sign Nnamdi Asomugha,but i think he'll go for the money and not somewhere like pittsburgh for championships.But if we could get him and one of those OL in free agents,than Pounceys Bro in the draft that'll help us alot

If we make it to the sb, you think he might take a paycut?

mcfly06
01-16-2011, 12:29 AM
If we make it to the sb, you think he might take a paycut?

Id love for him too cuz that would give the other offences hell.who would they throw too?Cuz you figure him and taylor switch the guys their covering those two would the number 1 wr and 2.than mcfadden should be able to cover the 3rd one and gay 4th or 3rd.But it makes sence for him to take a pay cut, if he truely wanted championships or contend every year hed come to us. But i see him going to washington,dallas,or somewhere dumb.Washington because they will over pay him,But lets pray he has some sence i mean he does look good in black,but just needs to change it from sliver to gold :)

steelchamp204
02-10-2011, 02:37 PM
lets revive this thread, so should we sign him to a contract? We need another person in our secondary.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-10-2011, 03:15 PM
I think virtually any Steeler fan would love to have him on the roster. The problem is that he will want an *** ton of money, and the Steelers need to resign or decide whether to resign Ike Taylor. If you bring in Asomugha and let Taylor go you've accomplished nothing.

K Train
02-10-2011, 03:21 PM
nnamdi>>>>>>>>>>>>>ike

i love ike but i wouldnt say you accomplish nothing at all, serious, serious upgrade there

especially with crezdon butler prepared to take over the world

coldrolled
02-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Raiders unloading a few more possibly.. CB and LG

Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha will become a free agent, as will Pro Bowl tight end Zach Miller and starting left guard Robert Gallery. According to a league source, the final year of safety Michael Huff's rookie contract voided on Wednesday, and linebacker Kamerion Wimbley, a former first-round pick acquired from the Cleveland Browns last off-season, will also void before the start of the new league year.

Pro Bowl defensive tackle Richard Seymour will also become a free agent, though Seymour is expected to once again receive the franchise tag, Vittorio Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle reports.

K Train
02-10-2011, 03:55 PM
man....the raiders got some players that would be perfect fits here

BlitzburghRockCity
02-10-2011, 04:28 PM
nnamdi>>>>>>>>>>>>>ike

i love ike but i wouldnt say you accomplish nothing at all, serious, serious upgrade there

especially with crezdon butler prepared to take over the world

I didn't mean they were equals, I meant that you give up Ike for Namdi but you still have issues on the other side. Realistically you couldn't have both (man that would be sick though). Ike's side hasn't been the problem, it's the other one...lol. If Butler is ready to assume a prominent role then perhaps we're onto something. Either way though something has to be done.

harpo
02-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Michael Huff at FS?

Now that would be something. :yellowthumb:

Real Deal Steel
02-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Huff is a bum. Very overrated coming out of college.

STEELER 4 LIFE
02-10-2011, 10:23 PM
And the weakpoint on our team is what? Our secondary lol, come on roon, ink it up. 6 years 98mill

Our weakpoint since the woodson era ended...I will be sooo pissed if we dont make a move on this...We also gotta start building around pouncey this year and stopn ignoring that weakness also

steelerschick1220
02-10-2011, 10:30 PM
yep the oline and secondary definetly need to be addressed this offseason. we are a good team, but we could be better if we looked at these areas and improved them.

steelchamp204
02-10-2011, 11:00 PM
yep the oline and secondary definetly need to be addressed this offseason. we are a good team, but we could be better if we looked at these areas and improved them.

the oline was pretty impressive this year given how many injuries we have had, I would put more stock in our sec and Dline. Kiesel,hampton,Smith are pretty up there in age for dlinemen. I know we got Hood, but who else is there? Seriously? I wish we xould trade someone on our team to get some extra 2nd or 3rd rnd picks.

Dean Denton
02-11-2011, 03:10 AM
As much as I would love to see Nnamdi in black and gold, the Steelers wont sign that guy. Too much $$$, and this team doesn't sign free agents like that. Too bad because him and Troy would be hard to pass on. What side do you throw too?