PDA

View Full Version : well now we know whos not facing us

acero
01-09-2011, 12:05 AM
the jets are on their way to new england

airbrake 1
01-09-2011, 12:10 AM
The colts suck ***...looks pretty likely that we will be facing baltimore next week...and the patriots will probably beat the jets by 5 touchdowns again...looks like we will have the hardest road possible to get to dallas...lets go chiefs

steelersbabex25
01-09-2011, 12:18 AM
We're most likely going to be facing the toughest possible opponent next week. Looks like we'll have to get to Dallas the hard way.

--- Added 1/8/2011 at 10:18 PM ---

Also, swear I didn't read airbrake's post before I wrote that :lol:

andyg1984
01-09-2011, 12:23 AM
go chiefs !

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2011, 12:26 AM
Stupid Colts couldn't it out. They had all the momentum and then some bonehead runs cost them a TD opportunity. Their defense went to sleep on the last drive and that was that.

Either way, the Ratbirds or Chiefs are coming to Pittsburgh so it's up to us to take care of business. You know how it is being a Steeler fan, we can never do things the easy way...

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-09-2011, 12:27 AM
one game at a time... doubt the toughest opponent is next week,well probably the physically toughest, but the most challenging is yet to come...

LatrobePA
01-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Go Ravens! They are banged up as it is, tomorrow a few more may drop...They don't scare me.

But I wouldn't cry if KC pulled another upset!!

jnes1216
01-09-2011, 12:33 AM
nice drop by Holmes

chiefs win imo

steelersbabex25
01-09-2011, 12:35 AM
one game at a time... doubt the toughest opponent is next week,well probably the physically toughest, but the most challenging is yet to come...

Out of the possible opponent for us next week, the Ravens are the toughest. I would rather play the Colts, Jets, or Chiefs over them anyday.

airbrake 1
01-09-2011, 12:48 AM
I think we can take care of the ratbirds, but it is going to be another costly physical game...I just hope that if we have to play baltimore, after we win we will not be so beaten up that the cheatriots( I can't see the jets beating them) eat us alive the following week...damn colts, we would have crushed them

LatrobePA
01-09-2011, 12:54 AM
I'd like a rematch - Us vs Jets for the rights to go to SB45...

Hirsch
01-09-2011, 12:57 AM
Glad to see Indy get beat, I live in Indiana and I get tired of hearing Colts this Colts that.:grin1: Tomorrow I'll be rooting for KC!:cope:

jd1000
01-09-2011, 02:19 AM
One possible way to look at it is this: Ok, the Chiefs stunk it up last week and everyone expects the Ravens to wipe them up. But they are at home and everyone is telling them how they won't advance, etc etc (ad nauseum). But who would expect the Chiefs to actually play a close game against the Ravens? Oh wait, I heard the same thing earlier today on the NFL network regarding a certain NFC matchup.

Either way, we have the better part of three weeks rest (thanks to CBS I can only surmise that our starters were pulled mid-3rd quarter last week) and the opponent won't. Plus, they are in our house. I am convinced we are the best...beating the "best" only proves the point further.

Go Steelers!!

JD from Utah

nuclearchihuahuas
01-09-2011, 09:35 AM
I think we can take care of the ratbirds, but it is going to be another costly physical game...I just hope that if we have to play baltimore, after we win we will not be so beaten up that the cheatriots( I can't see the jets beating them) eat us alive the following week...damn colts, we would have crushed them

:plus1::plus1::plus1:

harpo
01-09-2011, 09:37 AM
To be the best, you have to beat the best. I really don't care who the Steelers play. If they continue to perform like they're capable of, they can beat anyone, including the Patriots. As a matter of fact, I would love to see a Patriots-Steelers rematch.:tt02:

nuclearchihuahuas
01-09-2011, 09:38 AM
I'd like a rematch - Us vs Jets for the rights to go to SB45...

I would love to have the Jets at Heinz field again :yellowthumb: but they have to beat the cheatriots first. I am certain Belicheat is finding new ways to get around taping rules and perpetrating a new spygate right now. How humiliated would he be if the "great" Belicheat lost to loud mouth Rex Ryan?

steelersgal86
01-09-2011, 10:07 AM
bring it on....we are ready for whoever comes to us!!!! :gs:

cmerrifield
01-09-2011, 10:13 AM
I think with all the time off we have had we could handle a physical game like the Ravens and still have something left, but I am not counting out the Chiefs yet

jpele
01-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Common sense says we play the Ravens but after yesterday we better start practicing for KC.

coach
01-09-2011, 10:52 AM
We will know next week for sure but I think Jets have better chance of knocking off Cheatriots than a banged up Indy squad with half a roster of free agents. Rhodes played well for them, but could you imagine being that rusher who ran into the kicker yesterday that allowed Jets to keep the ball? He won't even be able to tell his friends he was in the NFL for a cup of coffee because he spilled it all over the place on national television. I obvioulsy don't know anything about him, but I felt bad for him. Could you see him trying to hold the kicker up after he hit him? Anyway, Indy was half the team it should have been this year and given that they were exposed by Jets, they wouldn't match up against NE as good as the Jets IMO.

SteelerDan43
01-09-2011, 11:00 AM
I would like to see the Chiefs for the simple fact that our strength on D matches their strength on offense. If we get the Ravens, that is one hell of a set of games for the AFC. Two huge rivalries, the newspapers will wet themselves.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2011, 11:03 AM
If we end up playing the Ravens, which we probably will, the thing that worries me is that it will be a physical matchup like always. Im not worried that we'd lose the game but rather would we have anything left for the following week, especially if we have to go to foxboro. It's hard enough to win there under normal conditions, let alone playoffs, and all beat up.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-09-2011, 11:05 AM
the Ravings will get torched today. it's destiny. KC in the burgh next week and then the cheet tree its. it ain't gonna be pretty but, i think its doo able. plus, I am sick and tired of seeing the trash from new you know where wiping the floor with everybody else's a... So, Here we go Steelers here we go.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/goodgirl20/smiley-gosteelers.gif :popcorn:

insert above. "the chiefs will get torched today".

Moondog
01-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Let the chips fall where they may.

coldrolled
01-09-2011, 11:38 AM
well... for the media.......

the mannings our out. rivers is out, brees is out, brady and rodgers are left.

after that... its little ole ben left.... Go Eagles and Jets...

And go KC...

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-09-2011, 11:39 AM
No chance the rats lose today. We'll have to beat them to play in the AFC Championship.

Steel Trap86
01-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Of course there is a chance they lose, do I think they do? no. Another Steelers/Ravens match up is where we're headed and I like it.

lloydfan4life
01-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Of course there is a chance they lose, do I think they do? no. Another Steelers/Ravens match up is where we're headed and I like it.

:yellowthumb: I like it too. I'm so tired of hearing all the ratbird fans around here. Looks like we're going to get another chance to shut 'em up for another year! :woot:

steelersbabex25
01-09-2011, 12:34 PM
I would love to have the Jets at Heinz field again :yellowthumb: but they have to beat the cheatriots first. I am certain Belicheat is finding new ways to get around taping rules and perpetrating a new spygate right now. How humiliated would he be if the "great" Belicheat lost to loud mouth Rex Ryan?

And WE have to beat the Ravens/Chiefs first. We're gonna have to play a tough game in the divisional round regardless. If we get the Ravens, well, we all know that's gonna be a physical game. If we get the Chiefs, then they're probably better than we all thought they were. Let's not all assume we're gonna get to the AFCCG. I definitely have faith in them if they play Steeler football like they have in quite a few games this year, but we're gonna have a hard road to the AFCCG no matter who we play.

K Train
01-09-2011, 12:42 PM
jets match up way better with the pats than we do.

i want the ravens, i dont think they can beat the steelers

chisteeler
01-09-2011, 01:07 PM
The ravens make me nervous. With all the times we have beat them in big situations, the odds are now against us, especially this season with all the fines and poor officiating and of course they are Roger's favorite team. Time to say a few more prayers!

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-09-2011, 01:50 PM
No chance the rats lose today. We'll have to beat them to play in the AFC Championship.

seahawks win.

acero
01-09-2011, 01:51 PM
The ravens make me nervous. With all the times we have beat them in big situations, the odds are now against us, especially this season with all the fines and poor officiating and of course they are Roger's favorite team. Time to say a few more prayers!

i believe rogers team is the cheatriots, they get special considerations from top to bottom...kraft, belicheat, and off course brady cant be touched cause official throw the flag

either way we will beat them

:tt02:

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Wow. Charles just blew by the Ravens defense. Ravens run defense isn't as good as it's been it he past.

coach
01-09-2011, 02:52 PM
I think he is making their D look a year older and a step slower. I still think Rats will win, but I am impressed with KC so far---ooops they just fumbled.

Fortunately for them, Flako isn't playing much better today.

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Flacco is being.well, Flacco. Why is it that Charles is running pretty well but Rice is running so tentively out there?