PDA

View Full Version : Could you imagine? Seahawks super bowl?

xxxsteelernation
01-08-2011, 08:06 PM
just got done watchin the seahawks vs saints game. could you imagine steelers vs seahawks round 2 for the super bowl this year. i know it's only the wild card round and still have two more games left and i'm sure seahawks won't make to the super bowl. but just to think about a 12-4 team facing a 7-9 team in the super bowl would really shut the seachicken up once and for all after the 05 season.

Longshanks
01-08-2011, 08:10 PM
I'd love to see that. My mom is a Steelers fan, and my dad is a Seahawks fan. Needless to say that particular Super Bowl was...interesting, lol. Steelers always have been and always will be my #1 team, but if they don't get it I'm rooting for the Seahawks!

xxxsteelernation
01-08-2011, 08:15 PM
That run by lynch was bettis like. saint players was just dropping off of him on that run

Scorp
01-08-2011, 08:24 PM
I thought the same thing but we already beat them in a horrible fashion. They will probably get beat next week. Great game though. Props to both teams for all their tireless efforts.

xxxsteelernation
01-08-2011, 08:28 PM
yea we did beat them but all they can say is that the refs beat them in that super bowl, and 80% of my family is seachicken fans. i would like a dominate win where they have no room to whine about the officiating.

steelersbabex25
01-08-2011, 08:30 PM
I was thinking the same thing after they won. Their offense did look really good, but I still can't picture them making it to the Superbowl.

Scorp
01-08-2011, 08:31 PM
All i know is my cuz is one happy chickenhawk fan right now.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2011, 09:34 PM
That run by Lynch is what the playoffs are all about. It was clear all during that game that the Seahawks just wanted it more.

jnes1216
01-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Tracy Porter just got abused. Didn't he get the pick six vs Manning last year in the super bowl? That will be a tough offseason.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2011, 10:57 PM
I hate thinking about the what if's before we even play a playoff game yet. Would it be awesome, no doubt! I just wanna beat our divisional opponent first. lol

Steel Trap86
01-08-2011, 11:08 PM
They proved that they are a playoff team even with a 7-9 record, they just beat the defending champs. But like I said before the Saints are just an average football team away from home, even if they beat the Seahawks they would get ****ing whipped in Chicago.

xxxsteelernation
01-08-2011, 11:31 PM
I hate thinking about the what if's before we even play a playoff game yet. Would it be awesome, no doubt! I just wanna beat our divisional opponent first. lol

thats the great thing about being fans. other than screaming as loud as we can during games, we really have no affect on the game. that is for the players and coaches. so as fans we can go what if and look down the road. cause ultimatly we really don't determe the outcome of games.

--- Added 1/8/2011 at 10:31 PM ---

thats the great thing about being fans. other than screaming as loud as we can during games, we really have no affect on the game. that is for the players and coaches. so as fans we can go what if and look down the road. cause ultimatly we really don't determe the outcome of games.

besides that is what the brown and lions get to do every year and that is look forward to a super bowl appearnce neverless a win.

nuclearchihuahuas
01-09-2011, 08:31 AM
That run by Lynch is what the playoffs are all about. It was clear all during that game that the Seahawks just wanted it more.

I agree. The Saints defense just did not show up! No way that run happens against this Steeler D! I say bring on the chickens and the SB!

coach
01-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Saints went in over-confident no doubt.

But, if this happened, it wouldn't be the first time. There are obvious differences between the 7-9 Hawks and the 9-7 Cardinals (Warner [who had 3 quality receivers] chief among them) who went to SB, but as the 4 seed, nobody expected AZ to win those three playoff games to go to SB.

I know I can't be the only Steeler fan that remembers that feeling of "that is why they play the game" when AZ took the lead late in that SB game either.

GO STEELERS (Hawks too).

KSSteelerfan
01-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Frankly, I hope that the seachickens get beat...no way with a record like theirs, playing in a weak division like theirs, should they even be there for the big dance...

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Lynch's run was nice. I love the way he pushed that guy out the way!! Hilarious!! That's playoff football....WHO WANTS IT MORE!

SteelersWoman
01-10-2011, 06:52 AM
I think if they make it to Dallas, it's a no-win situation. If we beat them, they'll say it was the refs again--if they beat US, it will forever cement in their minds that they were "right" the first time around. If we thought it was bad/ridiculous/sickening etc, last time, multiply that by about 1000, and that's how bad it'll be.

Steel Trap86
01-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Lynch's run was nice. I love the way he pushed that guy out the way!! Hilarious!! That's playoff football....WHO WANTS IT MORE!

And that guy he pushed away was Tracy Porter, the same guy who intercepted Manning in the Superbowl and solidified it for the Saints. Just shows how much difference a year makes cause if he makes that tackle instead of getting run over by Lynch the Saints could have won that game lol

K Train
01-10-2011, 02:03 PM
these are two totally different teams, a "rematch" wouldnt really be a rematch at all. and them being the worst team ever in the playoffs i dont think it would prove to them they were right last time at all.

no one wants to see that superbowl except seattle....what a ****** game that would be

Clevelandsux
01-10-2011, 05:39 PM
I agree. I think it is a slap in the face to the NFL when a team with a losing record is in the playoffs. It's promoting mediocrity. Just let the Browns, Bills, Lions in the playoffs while you're at it.

steelersbabex25
01-10-2011, 05:55 PM
I agree. I think it is a slap in the face to the NFL when a team with a losing record is in the playoffs. It's promoting mediocrity. Just let the Browns, Bills, Lions in the playoffs while you're at it.

Well..didn't the Seahawks prove that they can compete in the playoffs?

Scorp
01-11-2011, 01:10 AM
Well..didn't the Seahawks prove that they can compete in the playoffs?

Yes they did but i truly do doubt they will defeat DA BEARS. :yellowthumb:

Real Deal Steel
01-11-2011, 01:11 AM
The beat the Bears allready in Chicago earlier this year. Remember, Cutler has never played in the playoffs. And look how Cassell did in his first playoff game.

Scorp
01-11-2011, 01:12 AM
Cutler will do much better. The Bears are hungry.