PDA

View Full Version : What if Steelers vs Eagles super bowl?

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-08-2011, 02:51 AM
What if the Super Bowl teams are the Pittsburgh Steelers vs the Philadelphia Eagles. Could you handle it? What if that game would be played in Beaver Stadium?

I ain't got nuthin better to do so, thought I'd ask.

Scorp
01-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Beaver stadium? Hhhhmmm. Would they be playing in the fog or in a heavy snow storm?

LarryNJ
01-08-2011, 10:11 AM
What if the Super Bowl teams are the Pittsburgh Steelers vs the Philadelphia Eagles. Could you handle it?

Handle it? I'd friggin love it. I've been living in Philly area for 10 years and have been waiting every year for it. The sad part is Cowher and Reid were the coaches and they both suck in the playoffs. They are sort of the Peyton Mannings of Coaches. They have a history of choking in the championship games at home against teams they are favored against. So as close as it came to happening many times one or the other and sometimes both of them blew it for us. Unfortunately although it's possible I don't see it happening this year either.

I did get 2 years in a row of the Flyers/Pens in the playoffs. Although they never can play for the cup, it was so sweet being the team to send them home for the summer. :)

Beaver stadium? Hhhhmmm. Would they be playing in the fog or in a heavy snow storm?

Beaver stadium no, Meadowlands possible! :) Snow storm? No the Eagles would post pone the game. :lol:

Scorp
01-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Beaver stadium no, Meadowlands possible! :) Snow storm? No the Eagles would post pone the game. :lol:

I'm with you on that. :yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
01-08-2011, 11:04 AM
The Steelers would favor this match up. Bring it on!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2011, 02:28 PM
A Pennsylvania super bowl has been the dream of this state forever. The amount of revenue generated from the merchandise sales alone would be huge for this state that is always broke thanks to Rendell.

As far as the game goes, no doubt it would be a great matchup. I'd take that anyday. We play good run defense and we have the speed to be able to contain Vick with our LB's.

steelersbabex25
01-08-2011, 02:36 PM
I've always wanted a PA superbowl. I feel like that would be so unbelievably epic..and I hate saying epic, but that's the only word that I feel can describe the situation.

LarryNJ
01-08-2011, 02:38 PM
One thing for sure is it's two very passionate fan bases and the party the week before would be unbelievable.

LatrobePA
01-08-2011, 02:51 PM
One thing for sure is it's two very passionate fan bases and the party the week before would be unbelievable.

F'n Santa better not show up, that's for damn sure!!:lol:

jpele
01-08-2011, 03:28 PM
They are sort of the Peyton Mannings of Coaches. They have a history of choking in the championship games

:hilarious: :hilarious:

LarryNJ
01-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Well Andy Reid (and Peyton) did it again. Lost at home when they were favored in the playoffs. No Pa SB. :(

Scorp
01-11-2011, 01:07 AM
You can always count on them for a let down.