PDA

View Full Version : Steelers-Bengals could be night game

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2006, 07:26 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06357/748558-66.stm

By Colin Dunlap, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

There's a good chance the Steelers' season finale Dec. 31 at Cincinnati will be shifted from its scheduled 1 p.m. start time to an 8 p.m. kickoff as part of the National Football League's flex schedule and NBC's "Sunday Night Football" coverage. The Steelers could find out about any such change as soon as tomorrow night.

Such a shift could upset plans of a large number of Steelers fans who traditionally make the trip to Cincinnati, one of the few trips this season easily negotiable by car.

If the kickoff time is changed, many Steelers fans would have to adjust or cancel New Year's Eve parties that might have been in the works for an extended period.

And the Steelers' plans?

"Right now, we have a game scheduled against the Baltimore Ravens at 1 p.m. this Sunday," safety Troy Polamalu said. "That is the one and only game that has my focus."

Holiday cheer

The Steelers are 3-2 in Christmas Eve games since the NFL merger in 1970, winning the past two.

Last season, the Steelers rolled past Cleveland, 41-0, on Christmas Eve and, in 2000, the Steelers celebrated on the West Coast with a 34-21 win at San Diego.

The game tomorrow, however, will be the first one played here on Christmas Eve since that merger.

It would be awesome to at an NFL game on new years, but yes that could definately cut down on the Steeler contingent going to this game if it's a late start....

rainman
12-23-2006, 09:51 AM
I wouldn't mind an 8:00 game if a wild card spot was on the line for our Steelers, that sure would be a good way to bring in the New Year!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2006, 10:00 AM
There's a strong following of Steeler fans all over ohio so we should still be able to have a strong showing, but those that have to travel for it will probably have to think twice...

House of Steel
12-23-2006, 10:16 AM
I wish I could show up down there and wreck havoc on the Who Dey Party. Them tiggers are going to be in for a rude awakening.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Who Dey, Who Dey, Who Dey gonna toss in jail next? :hilarious:

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Who Dey, Who Dey, Who Dey gonna toss in jail next? :hilarious:

:bluelol: :bluelol: :bluelol: :bluelol: :bluelol: :bluelol: :bluelol: :bluelol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Well Said Brother!!!!

Gametime for the Bengals/Steelers game is now 8:15

AZ_Steeler
12-23-2006, 03:05 PM
I wouldn't mind it if their time was changed to 8! I can't remember the last time I saw a Steelers game at home? :dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Great way to ring the new year, with a beating of the bungals !!!!

AZ_Steeler
12-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Great way to ring the new year, with a beating of the bungals !!!!

That would be nice!! Especially if it knocks the Bengals out of the playoffs and puts the Steelers in!

Steelx
12-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Damn ratings how the hell Am I going to know whats going on that day at that time? WTF

Steelersfan
12-23-2006, 05:46 PM
I thought they had to give 12 days notice to change them?

BBC
12-24-2006, 12:15 AM
So the Steelers playoff hopes will probably already be gone by the time they're able to take the field Sunday Night (if they're not already gone after tomorrow).

Could have a negative impact on their motivation going into the game. Even with the whole "Don't let the Bengals into the playoffs" deal, losing your playoff chances is devastating for a team before they have to go out and play.

Steelx
12-24-2006, 01:04 AM
I agree if they loose this week or for that matter have no chance of going in then this 8pm game will definetly not be the same as if they were both needing a win to make it in. Good post BBC

BBG7
12-24-2006, 02:21 AM
I'm actually pissed about it because I don't want to leave my fiance by himself on new years eve and if it was a day game I could be home be 6 or 7 at the latest...but if they change it to a night game, I will miss my first game in a while with the Steelers playing at Hienz Field WEST!!!