PDA

View Full Version : Member spotlight: steelersbabex25

steelersgal86
01-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Steeler Addicts Member Spotlight:

steelersbabex25

How long have you been a Steeler fan? Since birth. I would always watch the games with my family but I didn't begin to really get into the game and understand it until I was about 12.

What made you become a fan of the Steelers? My parents are from Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh way is just how I was brought up, even though I was born in DC (actually, a suburb of DC.)

Who is your favorite Player currently on the Steelers roster? Ryan Clark.

Why are they your favorite player? On the field, because he seems to play with so much heart and, come on, the dude can hit pretty good sometimes. Off the field, he's such a nice guy and so down to earth. He really appreciates what he has and all the fans. He was the only one at training camp to stop and talk to almost every person.

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past? The Bus.

What is your favorite Steelers memory? So many, but the one I really remember is when I went to my usual Steeler bar/restaurant to watch the Ravens vs Steelers AFC championship game in 2009. I've been to 3 Steelers games at Heinz Field, none of them were very big games, but even being at the actual stadium then didn't compare to the atmosphere in that bar. It was absolutely incredible and it was an amazing feeling to be in DC with so many other Steeler fans to celebrate that.

What is your favorite sport to watch other than football? Hockey (go Pens!)

How did you find Steeler Addicts? I searched Steeler forums on google, and it led me here.

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences? I'm thrilled that I found this site. I know we have the whole Steeler Nation thing going on, but I live in a city where it's very difficult to find many intelligent football fans, let alone many Steeler fans. I love being able to come on here and talking about my team with other great people who have the same passion I do.

What do you do for a living? Student.

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you? I'm 17 years old and a senior in high school.

What is one thing that everybody knows you for? The fact that I'm a Steelers fan living in DC, and they never let me forget it.

What kind of car or truck do you drive? Oldsmobile Intrigue

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? Be more independent.

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA? I play volleyball and go to the gym a lot. With any free time I have I like to hang out with my friends and family.

Favorite TV show(s)? The Office, Hells Kitchen, Big Brother

Favorite gaming console(s) and video game(s)? Don't really play any video games anymore.

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on? We all usually go to our regular Steeler bar, but on the few occasions that we watch at home, we usually try to watch it together... but I usually end up driving my parents/brothers crazy and they always tell me to either be quiet or get out :D.

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do? Waking up at 10 in the morning to get a seat at the restaurant.

Your favorite gametime food & beverage? Buffalo wings...don't have a favorite drink.

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime? 3

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field? I had never gone to Three Rivers so, by default, Heinz Field.

Immaculate Reception, "The Tackle", or "Immaculate Drive"? The Tackle. Another thing I will always remember is the screaming that went on after that fumble..

When do you think the Steelers will win #7? 2011 if they can get their acts together.

What do you think it will take for them to get back to the Super Bowl? As cliche as it sounds, they need to get back to playing Steeler football. They won XLIII because of defense, and if the defense doesn't rebound next year they have no chance. They also need to stop with these off the field distractions and focus on the game. __________________

steelersgal86
01-06-2011, 07:39 AM
:clap: great interview...thanks for sharing...I honestly never would of guessed you are 17 and a senior , you know alot about sports and are fun to talk with:yellowthumb:

DIESELMAN
01-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Nice interview steelersbabex25!!!

StlersGuy
01-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Nice interview steelersbabex25 :clap:

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

Scorp
01-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Well done steelersbabex25. Thanks for sharing and good luck with everything.

lloydfan4life
01-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Very nice interview, SBX25! :clap:

Thanks for sharing some of yourself with us!

It's great to have you as part of the SA family! :cope:

nuclearchihuahuas
01-06-2011, 08:40 PM
That was great! Its nice to have other knowledgeable ladies in the forum ... thanks for sharing!

KSSteelerfan
01-06-2011, 09:03 PM
:yellowthumb::yellowthumb::yellowthumb:

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-06-2011, 10:16 PM
17?? Dam never would have guessed that...great interview thanks for sharing !!:tt02::tt02::tt02:

steelersbabex25
02-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Oh, I didn't even realize this was up :lol: Thanks everyone! I love being here just as much as you love having me :hehheh:

SteelerDave74
02-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Great Interview. Interesting woman. :tt2:

LarryNJ
02-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Nice!! :yellowthumb:

So many, but the one I really remember is when I went to my usual Steeler bar/restaurant to watch the Ravens vs Steelers AFC championship game in 2009. I've been to 3 Steelers games at Heinz Field, none of them were very big games, but even being at the actual stadium then didn't compare to the atmosphere in that bar. It was absolutely incredible and it was an amazing feeling to be in DC with so many other Steeler fans to celebrate that.

I love it too! I've made a similar tradition with my kids in Philly during the playoffs. It's a great time being in a different city with tons of Steelers fans.

steelersbabex25
02-10-2011, 05:18 PM
I love it too! I've made a similar tradition with my kids in Philly during the playoffs. It's a great time being in a different city with tons of Steelers fans.

The Steeler bar we go to in Derwood is awesome. The only downside is that every year you have to get there earlier and earlier on Sundays to get a table. When we first started going there in '06 you had to get there around 11:30 or 12 for a 1:00 game. Now (for a good game) there's lines outside the door when the restaurant opens at 10. Our family would just take turns saving seats until kickoff, but they just came up with a new policy that if a seat you're saving isn't filled by 30 minutes before the game starts, they give it to someone else. :rant2: It's annoying, but worth it.

SteelerNC
02-11-2011, 09:46 AM
great interview...i didnt know you were older than gal :lol:

xBlitzBurghx
02-11-2011, 01:43 PM
17? I didn't know that. I'm 17 as well and finishing up high school. I turn 18 this next Friday. School sucks!! haha:tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
02-11-2011, 02:06 PM
17......I'm surprised by that also...lol I thought at least you were in your early 20s.....lol

steelersbabex25
02-11-2011, 03:37 PM
17? I didn't know that. I'm 17 as well and finishing up high school. I turn 18 this next Friday. School sucks!! haha:tt02:

Really? I turn 18 on the 21st. And I agree..senioritis is at an all time high for me right now. :lol:

17......I'm surprised by that also...lol I thought at least you were in your early 20s.....lol

I wish :rant2:

LarryNJ
02-11-2011, 03:40 PM

I thought she was 25 from steelersbabex25..never paid attention to the avatar! :)

steelersbabex25
02-11-2011, 03:47 PM
I thought she was 25 from steelersbabex25..never paid attention to the avatar! :)

Ryan Clark + Max Talbot :yellowthumb:

xBlitzBurghx
02-11-2011, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE=steelersbabex25;412731]Really? I turn 18 on the 21st. And I agree..senioritis is at an all time high for me right now. :lol:

Yeah haha Its been a great year though. I just hate having to deal with all the reqs. for it. :cope:

steelersbabex25
02-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah haha Its been a great year though. I just hate having to deal with all the reqs. for it. :cope:

It's been a great year for sure. Just can't wait to leave high school and go to college.

xBlitzBurghx
02-11-2011, 04:17 PM
It's been a great year for sure. Just can't wait to leave high school and go to college.

Me neither. College will be hard as well, but it will pay off. Especially with how hard it is to find a good job nowadays. When do you guys graduate over on the East side?

steelersbabex25
02-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Me neither. College will be hard as well, but it will pay off. Especially with how hard it is to find a good job nowadays. When do you guys graduate over on the East side?

The county assigns each school a day to graduate, ours is on June 7th, but I think seniors finish school sometime around May 20th. How about you guys?

xBlitzBurghx
02-11-2011, 04:32 PM
The county assigns each school a day to graduate, ours is on June 7th, but I think seniors finish school sometime around May 20th. How about you guys?

We graduate June 11th, but also don't have to show up like two weeks before that. Have you applies to your schools yet?

steelersbabex25
02-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Yeah I've gotten into a few schools, still waiting to hear from Pitt though. You?

xBlitzBurghx
02-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Yeah I've gotten into a few schools, still waiting to hear from Pitt though. You?

I got your pager message so I just sent you a personal message with all mine. I don't know if you got it. Check your inbox! :)