PDA

View Full Version : Ben engagement rumors

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2011, 03:58 PM
It's all over twitter this afternoon, that rumors have it that Ben bought an engagement ring. He has denied any comment on the issue when asked by the media today and the Steelers aren't saying anything either. From USA Today..

"Oh geez. Listen, there's always rumors out there about professional athletes, especially about me. You guys know that I am not going to talk about my own personal life, I don't do that. My one singular focus right now is on the playoffs, on football a trying to get to the Super Bowl. So, that's what my focus is right now."

There's no validity to the story right now that I can tell, so it's anybody's guess.

airbrake 1
01-04-2011, 04:03 PM
I'll bet it isn't one of those sleaze bags from georgia state

SteelDad
01-04-2011, 04:29 PM
All I know is that if it's Gulbis, I'm jealous as hell.

Goodfrom55
01-04-2011, 04:43 PM
"Women Weaken Legs"
-Mickey Goldmill (trainer for Rocky Balboa)

PsychoWard
01-04-2011, 04:48 PM

That makes two of us!!!!

MDSteel15
01-04-2011, 04:49 PM
"Women Weaken Legs"
-Mickey Goldmill (trainer for Rocky Balboa)

Flippin awesome!! :lol:

--- Added 1/4/2011 at 03:49 PM ---

Make it 3....:popcorn:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Wedding bells for Roethlisberger?
Tuesday, January 04, 2011
By Sally Kalson, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
If Ben Roethlisberger is engaged to be married, he doesn't want to talk about it. But a lot of other people do.
The social media have been all a-Twitter with congratulations for the Steelers quarterback, who purportedly popped the question to a young woman from Hickory, Lawrence County, over the Christmas holidays.
Asked point blank today if he was engaged, Mr. Roethlisberger declined to answer, except to say he wouldn't talk about his private life.
The young woman is being named on blogs and Tweets, but Post-Gazette attempts to reach her have not yet succeeded.
Information developed by the newspaper shows her as a graduate of Laurel High School, where she was a softball star, and a 2008 graduate of St. Francis University in Loretto, Cambria County, with a bachelor's degree in health science, and, a year later, a master's of physicians assistant.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11004/1115499-100.stm#ixzz1A6laVGb8

Goodfrom55
01-04-2011, 06:39 PM
As long as this "engagement" keeps him on the straight and narrow, I say good for him.

steelersbabex25
01-04-2011, 06:42 PM
This is unexpected to say the least

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-04-2011, 06:43 PM
LEAVE BEN THE FAQ ALONE. IT'S NO ONE'S GD BUSINESS WHAT THE F HE WANTS OR IS ABOUT TO DO.
The retarded sports dicks are already startin on this and it ain't good. 93.7 the Fan especially guilty of going down a sleezy road. Hey ninety three seven da fan:bigfinger:

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-04-2011, 08:26 PM
By Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Last updated: 7:21 pm
Chaz Palla |

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger did nothing Tuesday to discourage Internet rumors that he became engaged to a Pittsburgh-area woman.

"There's always, always rumors out there about professional athletes, especially about me," Roethlisberger said. "You guys know that I'm not going to talk about my personal life. My own singular focus right now is on the playoffs and trying to get to the Super Bowl."

When asked if that was a confirmation or denial of his rumored engagement, Roethlisberger said, "I'm not going to talk about my personal life."

The woman in question is from New Castle, according to Internet buzz.

The engagement buzz comes approximately 10 months after a 20-year-old college student accused Roethlisberger of sexually assaulting her in a nightclub bathroom in Milledgeville, Ga.

Roethlisberger was never charged with a crime, but the incident that occurred last March nearly brought down his career in Pittsburgh. It also resulted in a six-game suspension by the NFL for violating the league's personal conduct policy. The suspension later was reduced to four games.

Roethlisberger vowed to change, and at the end of August, he told the Tribune-Review that he had re-connected with religion.

Since returning to the Steelers in October, Roethlisberger has re-established himself as one of the NFL's elite quarterbacks.

He finished fifth in the NFL in passer rating (97.0) and extended his streak of consecutive seasons with at least 3,000 passing yards to five, which is a team record.

Roethlisberger has played through several injuries, including a broken nose, in leading the Steelers to an AFC North title and the No. 2 seed in the AFC playoffs.

mwittman5
01-04-2011, 08:52 PM
this is the girl supposedly
http://www.970espn.com/cc-common/mlib/1109/01/1109_1294188006.jpg

steelersbabex25
01-04-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm going to play the opposite of devil's advocate here..if that ^^ is the girl, they make a cute couple.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2011, 09:02 PM
The media will hopefully not try and continuously ride this rumor out. When the season is finally over at whatever point that is, I'm sure Ben will officially announce it when he's ready, assuming it's even true in the first place.

steeldoc
01-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Agree, leave the guy alone. He's a freaking stud qb, a bit of a numnuts who dresses and acts like my son, a college sophomore.

steelerschick1220
01-04-2011, 10:08 PM
If it is true congrats.

Even with all the crap he's done and been accused of I still find him an attractive guy. It will be a sad day when he walks down the aisle. LOL.

steelersgal86
01-05-2011, 06:35 AM
if he is congrats....

but i would of rather heard about it later....all I want now is to win games :gs:

SteelDad
01-05-2011, 07:59 AM
This may unfortunately be a no-win situation for BR. If he leads us to 7, he AND she will be thrust back into the spotlight and if we lose, we'll all blame her for distracting him.

LatrobePA
01-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Ben wants a SB MVP, he's got a clear head about it, and I believe will keep his focus on football...

Finally a good rumor about Ben!!

steelersgal86
01-05-2011, 08:40 AM
This may unfortunately be a no-win situation for BR. If he leads us to 7, he AND she will be thrust back into the spotlight and if we lose, we'll all blame her for distracting him.

:lol: very true...

75Steeler
01-05-2011, 08:40 AM
:woot: Natalie is still on the market! Anyone get their invitation to the wedding yet? :cope:

Scorp
01-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Good luck Ben and best wishes.

--- Added 1/5/2011 at 04:07 PM ---

The Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger could soon be off the market. The singles market, that is.

Various social media sites are reporting that the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback has recently gotten engaged, some even identifying the woman by name.

Pittsburgh area media on Tuesday asked the 28-year-old about his relationship at the Steelers' first practice of the week, and Roethlisberger gave a very guarded answer.

"Oh, geez," Roethlisberger said. "Listen, there's always rumors out there about professional athletes, especially about me. You guys know that I am not going to talk about my personal life. I don't do that. My one singular focus right now is on the playoffs, on football and trying to get to the Super Bowl."

The Steelers are the AFC's No. 2 playoff seed, and Roethlisberger is trying to earn his third Super Bowl championship.

The quarterback's season got off to a rocky start. Roethlisberger was suspended for the Steelers' first four games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy in an alleged incident with a college student on March 5, 2010, in Milledgeville, Ga.

Roethlisberger wasn't charged, but he was disciplined by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

The Steelers (12-4) don't play until they host a divisional playoff game Jan. 15.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Real Deal Steel
01-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Congrads Ben. I hope whoever she is, she's a super gorgeous and intelligent. Wait..you can only have one or the other. Okay...I hope she's super gorgeous.

nuclearchihuahuas
01-09-2011, 08:22 AM
if he is congrats....

but i would of rather heard about it later....all I want now is to win games :gs:

:plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1: